It’s an obvious assumption that car insurance companies don’t want policyholders to shop around. People who shop around at least once a year will, in all likelihood, switch car insurance companies because they have a good chance of finding a lower-priced company. A recent car insurance study discovered that consumers who routinely compared quotes saved about $3,400 over four years compared to those who never compared rates.
If finding budget-friendly rates on auto insurance in Orlando is your ultimate objective, then learning about how to get price quotes and compare car insurance can help you be more efficient.
The preferred way to get the cheapest car insurance rates in Orlando is to start doing a yearly price comparison from insurance carriers that insure vehicles in Florida. You can compare prices by completing these steps.
- First, take a little time to learn about policy coverages and the changes you can make to drop your rates. Many factors that are responsible for high rates like distracted driving and your credit history can be controlled by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Keep reading for more details to help prevent expensive coverage and find additional discounts.
- Second, request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple sources.
- Third, compare the new quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if you can save on NSX insurance. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Fourth, provide proper notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to the new insurer. Once the paperwork is finalized, keep the new certificate verifying coverage somewhere easily accessible.
One thing to point out is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical deductibles and limits on every quote and and to look at as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough price selection.
What Determines Acura NSX Insurance Prices?
When buying car insurance it’s important to understand the different types of things that aid in calculating your premiums. If you know what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to lower rates. Many factors are part of the equation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some of the criteria are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but other factors are not quite as obvious like your vehicle usage or your vehicle rating.
Liability coverage is cheap – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance will protect you when a court rules you are at fault for personal injury or accident damage. This coverage provides legal defense which can cost a lot. Liability insurance is pretty cheap when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
How’s your driving record? – Even one speeding ticket could increase your next policy renewal to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers who don’t get tickets get better rates as compared to those with violations. Drivers who get flagrant tickets like DUI or willful reckless driving may find that they have to to complete a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to legally drive.
Discounts for multiple policies – Lots of companies give discounts to buyers who carry more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even with this discount applied, you still need to get quotes from other companies to ensure the best deal.
Pay more for higher performance vehicles – The type of car or truck you need insurance for makes a significant difference in determining your rates. The best insurance prices are usually found on lower cost passenger cars, but your final cost has many other factors.
High credit history translates to low prices – An insured’s credit rating is a large factor in calculating your car insurance rates. People with high credit scores tend to be less risk to insure than drivers who have lower ratings. So if your credit history is lower than you’d like, you could save money insuring your Acura NSX by improving your credit score.
Youthful drivers pay high premiums – Older drivers are viewed as being more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and get fewer tickets. Teen drivers are proven to be more careless when at the wheel of a vehicle therefore car insurance rates are much higher.
Males pay higher premiums – Over the last 30 years, statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. The data does not necessarily mean that females are better drivers. Both genders tend to get into fender benders in similar percentages, but the men tend to have more serious accidents. Not only that, but men also receive more costly citations such as DWI and reckless driving.
The companies shown below provide price comparisons in Florida. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Why you need auto insurance
Even though it can be expensive, insuring your vehicle may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Acura has a loan, most banks will make it mandatory that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Acura at a much higher rate and require you to fork over for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your Acura NSX. It will also cover most medical and hospital costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of your driving. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your NSX more than offset the price you pay, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is wasting up to $869 every year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.
Cheaper Acura NSX insurance quotes in Orlando
Auto insurance companies don’t necessarily list all discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so here is a list a few of the more well known and the harder-to-find discounts that you may qualify for. If you are not receiving all the discounts you qualify for, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Government Employees – Employees or retirees of the government could cut as much as 10% off with some insurance companies.
- Discount for Good Grades – Maintaining excellent grades may save as much as 25% on a Orlando car insurance quote. Most companies allow this discount up to age 25.
- Orlando Homeowners Discount – Owning a home in Orlando can get you a discount because owning a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Telematics Data – Drivers who elect to allow their insurance company to study driving patterns by installing a telematics device such as State Farm’s In-Drive might see lower rates if they are good drivers.
- Multi-line Discount – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a discounted premium rate on car insurance if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Professional Memberships – Affiliation with qualifying employment or professional organizations may earn a discount when getting a Orlando car insurance quote.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So when the math indicates it’s possible to get free car insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way. But all discounts should help reduce the premium cost.
Popular insurance companies and some of the discounts are detailed below.
- 21st Century may offer discounts for early bird, theft prevention, student driver, air bags, 55 and older, teen driver, and driver training.
- Progressive includes discounts for multi-policy, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, good student, and homeowner.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, anti-theft, accident-free, multiple autos, student away at school, and defensive driving training.
- Nationwide offers discounts including Farm Bureau membership, family plan, easy pay, good student, accident-free, and multi-policy.
- Esurance has discounts for defensive driver, homeowner, emergency road assistance, anti-lock brakes, online quote, and online shopper.
- The Hartford may include discounts for driver training, anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, air bag, bundle, and good student.
Before buying, ask each company or agent the best way to save money. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be available to policyholders in Orlando. To see insurance companies who offer free Acura NSX insurance quotes in Florida, follow this link.
Local neighborhood insurance agents
Some people still like to talk to an insurance agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Licensed agents can answer important questions and help file insurance claims. The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get lower rates and still buy from a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents who want to provide quotes to get your business. You never need to find an agent because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, feel free to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Picking a provider should include more criteria than just a low price. Any agent in Orlando should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
The different types of car insurance agents
If you want to use a local Orlando insurance agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies and how they work. Auto insurance agents in Orlando can be described as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either one can provide auto insurance policies, but it’s worth mentioning how they differ since it can affect buying decisions.
Exclusive agents can only write with one company such as Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. These agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agencies are well trained on what they offer which aids in selling service over price. Consumers often purchase coverage from exclusives partially due to the prominence of the brand instead of buying on price only.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Orlando who can help you get price quote information.
- Lorenzo Hayward – State Farm Insurance Agent
5218 W Colonial Dr – Orlando, FL 32808 – (407) 299-4642 – View Map
- Jim Daniels – State Farm Insurance Agent
4759 S Conway Rd – Orlando, FL 32812 – (407) 855-6791 – View Map
- Bill Bryan – State Farm Insurance Agent
5470 Central Florida Pkwy – Orlando, FL 32821 – (407) 239-4777 – View Map
Independent agents can quote rates with many companies so they can quote policies through lots of different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If you want to switch companies, the agent simply finds a different carrier and the insured can keep the same agent.
When searching for an agent, we recommend you contact at a minimum one independent agency to have the best price comparison. A lot of them also have access to small regional insurance companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
The following is a short list of independent agents in Orlando that can give you rate quotes.
- Brown and Brown Insurance Agency, Inc.
7009 Dr Phillips Blvd # 280 – Orlando, FL 32819 – (407) 843-7500 – View Map
- Orlando Insurance Agency
5764 N Orange Blossom Trail – Orlando, FL 32810 – (407) 901-2103 – View Map
- All Insurance Able
2319 S Goldenrod Rd – Orlando, FL 32822 – (407) 243-9700 – View Map
If you receive good answers for all questions you ask as well as an affordable premium quote, chances are good that you have found an auto insurance agent that will properly insure your vehicles. Just keep in mind you are entitled to cancel coverage for any reason so never assume that you are obligated to any specific agency for the entire policy term.
Car insurance company ratings
Ending up with a good quality auto insurance provider can be rather challenging considering how many choices there are in Florida. The ranking data shown next could help you analyze which auto insurance companies to look at comparing rates with.
Top 10 Orlando Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- AAA Insurance
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of tips how to get a better price on Acura NSX insurance in Orlando. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest auto insurance rates are with the least-expected company.
As you shop your coverage around, you should never skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are a lot of situations where an insured dropped full coverage only to regret at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. Your goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best possible price.
Consumers who switch companies do it for many reasons like delays in paying claims, policy cancellation, being labeled a high risk driver and delays in responding to claim requests. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new insurance company can be easier than you think.
More information is available at the links below
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for College Graduates in Orlando? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Government Employees in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)