Remarkably, a study showed that a large majority of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for four years or more, and virtually 40% of consumers have never shopped around. Florida consumers can save approximately $1,126 each year, but they don’t believe how much they could save if they replace their high priced policy.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get low-cost auto insurance rates in Orlando is to start comparing prices regularly from different companies who sell auto insurance in Florida. Drivers can shop around by following these guidelines.
Step 1: Try to understand auto insurance and the changes you can make to keep rates down. Many rating factors that cause high rates such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a not-so-good credit score can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Later in this article we will cover information to prevent high prices and get additional discounts that may be available.
Step 2: Get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a better price and change companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
A good tip to remember is to make sure you’re comparing the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get quotes from every company you can. Doing this provides the most accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Cheapest Scion insurance prices in Orlando
The car insurance companies shown below provide price comparisons in Orlando, FL. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you get prices from several of them to get the cheapest price.
Scion iQ insurance discounts in Orlando
Some insurers do not list all discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we researched a few of the more common as well as some of the hidden credits available to you.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being on active deployment in the military can result in better rates.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying insurance for all your vehicles on the same car insurance policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to fasten their seat belts could cut 10% or more on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Good Student Discount – Getting good grades may save as much as 25% on a Orlando auto insurance quote. Most companies allow this discount until age 25.
- Driving Data Discount – Orlando drivers who agree to allow companies to spy on vehicle usage by using a telematics device such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system could see a rate decrease if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Organization Discounts – Participating in a civic or occupational organization in Orlando could trigger savings on car insurance.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and will save you 10% or more on iQ insurance in Orlando.
- Distant Student Discount – Kids who are enrolled in higher education away from home and won’t have access to an insured vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a vehicle that is new can save you some money due to better safety requirements for newer models.
- Paperless Signup – A few companies provide a small discount shop Orlando auto insurance on their website.
One last thing about discounts, some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, it doesn’t quite work that way. But any discount will positively reduce your overall bill.
A few companies who may offer most of these discounts are:
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Farmers Insurance
- Auto-Owners Insurance
If you want low cost Orlando auto insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering which discounts you qualify for. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered on policies in Orlando. To view insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Orlando, click here.
Car insurance is available from your local insurance agencies
Certain consumers prefer to buy from a local agent and that is a personal choice. Insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and help file insurance claims. One of the best bonuses of comparing car insurance online is you can get cheaper prices and still have an agent to talk to. Putting coverage with neighborhood insurance agencies is important especially in Orlando.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents in Orlando that can give you free Orlando auto insurance quotes to get your business. There is no reason to search for any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered to you. If you need to get a price quote for a specific company, just find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you prefer to buy car insurance from a reliable insurance agent, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents and how they operate. Agencies in Orlando can either be exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both can insure your vehicles, but it’s important to point out the difference in the companies they write for because it can impact the selection process.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Independent agencies are normally appointed by many insurers and that enables them to quote your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and find you the best rates. If they quote lower rates, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to switch agencies. If you are comparing rate quotes, you need to get insurance quotes from multiple independent agents to have the most options to choose from.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Orlando that can give you pricing information.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
These type of agents work for only one company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company’s rates so you might not find the best rates. They are trained well in insurance sales which can be an advantage.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Orlando that can give you price quote information.
Choosing the best car insurance agent should include more criteria than just the quoted price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
Shop smart and save
We just covered a lot of techniques to lower your Scion iQ insurance premium rates in Orlando. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the biggest savings come from the smaller companies. These companies may have significantly lower prices on certain market segments as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, don’t be tempted to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are too many instances where an accident victim reduced collision coverage to discover at claim time that it was a big mistake. The ultimate goal is to get the best coverage possible at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
Lower-priced auto insurance in Orlando can be found both online as well as from independent agents in Orlando, so you need to quote Orlando auto insurance with both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies do not offer the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these small insurance companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agents.
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for College Graduates in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Orlando Auto Insurance for a Hyundai Elantra? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Orlando Auto Insurance for Business Use? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for a Jeep Wrangler in Orlando? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for College Students in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Honda CR-V in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford Focus in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Highlander in Orlando? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Ford Explorer in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)