If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to quote cheaper Volkswagen Rabbit insurance in Orlando is to do an annual price comparison from insurers in Florida.
First, spend some time learning about policy coverages and the measures you can control to prevent rate increases. Many rating criteria that cause high rates like your driving record and a lousy credit rating can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
Second, get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates for a wide range of companies.
Third, compare the new quotes to the price on your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Orlando. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
Fourth, tell your current company of your decision to cancel your current coverage and submit the application along with any required down payment to your new company or agent. As soon as you receive it, safely store the certificate verifying coverage with your vehicle’s registration.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to use similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote and and to get rates from all possible companies. Doing this ensures a fair price comparison and many rates to choose from.
Sad but true, over 70% of consumers have bought car insurance from the same company for four years or more, and almost half have never compared quotes from other companies. Florida insurance shoppers can save hundreds of dollars each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don’t know how much they could save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
Low Cost companies for Volkswagen Rabbit insurance
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Florida. To get the best car insurance in Florida, we recommend you visit several of them to get the most competitive price.
Get discounts on Orlando auto insurance
Car insurance companies do not list every discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the following is a list of a few of the more common as well as some of the hidden discounts that you may qualify for.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you can bundle your home and auto insurance with one insurance company you could earn a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Safe Driver Discounts – Drivers without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than their less cautious counterparts.
- Professional Organizations – Being a member of a qualifying organization could trigger savings when shopping for auto insurance.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By paying your policy upfront rather than paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- College Student Discount – Children who live away from home at college and do not take a car to college could get you a discount.
- Good Student Discount – Being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
- E-sign Discounts – Certain insurance companies give back up to $50 just for signing your application on their website.
It’s important to understand that some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Just because you may think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you’re out of luck.
The best auto insurance companies and the discounts they provide are included below.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for pay in full, teen driver, early shopping, good student, electronic funds transfer, switch companies, and alternative fuel.
- Esurance has savings for renters, defensive driver, homeowner, safety device, anti-lock brakes, Switch & Save, and anti-theft.
- State Farm offers discounts including safe vehicle, driver’s education, anti-theft, student away at school, and multiple policy.
- GEICO may have discounts that include multi-vehicle, emergency military deployment, anti-lock brakes, daytime running lights, air bags, and military active duty.
- Allstate discounts include passive restraint, auto/life discount, EZ pay plan discount, anti-theft, teenSMART discount, early signing, and premier plus.
When getting a coverage quote, ask all the companies how many discounts you can get. Savings may not apply to policyholders in Orlando. If you would like to view companies with the best discounts in Florida, click this link.
Auto insurance agents are trained to help
Some consumers still like to talk to a local agent and that is not a bad decision One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is you may find cheap insurance quotes and also buy local. Buying from local insurance agencies is important particularly in Orlando.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to insurance agents in Orlando that can provide free Orlando auto insurance quotes for your coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to search for any insurance agencies because prices are sent directly to your email. You can find the lowest rates without requiring a lot of work. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a specific company, feel free to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Two types of auto insurance agents
If you are wanting to find a local insurance agency, there are two different types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Insurance agents can either be independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel are appointed with more than one company so they can insure your vehicles through many companies and find the cheapest rate. If they find a lower price, they can switch companies in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies. When searching for an agent, you should always get some free quotes from at least one independent agent so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Many independent agencies also insure through less well-known companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Shown below is a list of independent agents in Orlando that may be able to give free insurance quotes.
- Brad Shivers Insurance Agency
1060 Woodcock Rd – Orlando, FL 32803 – (407) 601-1835 – View Map
- Bud Redditt Insurance Agency Inc
1716 W Colonial Dr – Orlando, FL 32804 – (407) 855-6797 – View Map
- Caple Howden Insurance Agency
10222 E Colonial Dr – Orlando, FL 32817 – (407) 657-8808 – View Map
Exclusive agencies can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents are trained well on what they offer which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Drivers often use the same agent mostly because of the brand legacy and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Orlando willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Luis T. Martell
7800 W Sand Lake Rd #201 – Orlando, FL 32819 – (407) 522-9293 – View Map
- Henry Wahl – State Farm Insurance Agent
417 Summerlin Avenue – Orlando, FL 32801 – (407) 895-5285 – View Map
- Bruce Baltich – State Farm Insurance Agent
198 S Semoran Blvd – Orlando, FL 32807 – (407) 273-9170 – View Map
Choosing the best car insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
After receiving answers to your satisfaction to these questions as well as a price you’re happy with, it’s possible that you found an auto insurance agent that can be trusted to adequately provide insurance. Just remember you are able to terminate your policy when you choose so don’t feel you are locked into your new company indefinitely.
The coverage is in the details
Understanding the coverages of your policy can be of help when determining the best coverages for your vehicles. Auto insurance terms can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Comprehensive auto coverage
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like damage from flooding, falling objects, damage from a tornado or hurricane and hail damage. The maximum payout a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Collision coverage protection
This will pay to fix damage to your Rabbit resulting from colliding with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for things such as colliding with another moving vehicle, damaging your car on a curb, driving through your garage door, backing into a parked car and hitting a mailbox. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to increase the deductible on your Rabbit in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Liability coverage provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property by causing an accident. Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see limits of 10/20/10 that means you have a $10,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $20,000, and a limit of $10,000 paid for damaged property. Occasionally you may see a combined limit which combines the three limits into one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage protects against claims like funeral expenses, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, pain and suffering, repair costs for stationary objects and medical services. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but buy as large an amount as possible. Florida state minimum liability requirements are 10/20/10 but it’s recommended drivers buy more liability than the minimum.
The chart below shows why buying the state minimum limits may not be enough.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
This coverage protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your Volkswagen Rabbit.
Due to the fact that many Florida drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (which is 10/20/10), their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Frequently these limits are set the same as your liability limits.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for short-term medical expenses such as hospital visits, chiropractic care, X-ray expenses and ambulance fees. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover you and your occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Don’t give up on affordable rates
Cost effective Volkswagen Rabbit insurance can be purchased online as well as from insurance agents, so you need to quote Orlando auto insurance with both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies may not have the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these smaller providers sell through independent agents.
People leave their current company for a variety of reasons including delays in paying claims, not issuing a premium refund, poor customer service and even high rates after DUI convictions. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a great new company can be pretty painless.
When shopping online for insurance, it’s a bad idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many cases where someone dropped liability coverage limits only to find out that it was a big error on their part. The ultimate goal is to find the BEST coverage at the best price.
More tips and info about insurance can be found at these sites:
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Orlando Car Insurance Quotes for High Risk Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a GMC Sierra in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Orlando Auto Insurance Rates for Uninsured Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for High School Students in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)