Wish you could get out of an expensive insurance policy? You’re preaching to the choir because there are many people just like you.
It’s an obvious conclusion that car insurance companies don’t want you to compare rates. Drivers who compare other rates will most likely move their business because the odds are good of finding a more affordable policy premium. A recent survey revealed that people who did price comparisons regularly saved approximately $860 a year compared to policyholders who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the lowest price on insurance is your ultimate target, then learning a little about how to choose a company and compare car insurance can make it simple to find affordable coverage. Because there are so many choices for buying lower-cost insurance for an Acura RDX in Orlando, it can be challenging to find the cheapest insurer.
Consumers need to get comparison quotes every six months because rates change frequently. Just because you found the best rate on Acura RDX insurance in Orlando a couple years back the chances are good that you can find a lower price today. There is a lot of bad information regarding RDX insurance out there, but in this article, you’re going to get some proven techniques to slash your insurance rates in Orlando.
Compare free Orlando Acura RDX insurance rate quotes
Getting more affordable car insurance pricing is not rocket science. All you need to do is take a few minutes to get quotes to see which company has inexpensive Orlando car insurance quotes.
It’s so fast and easy to compare quotes online that it takes the place of having to drive around to each insurance agency near you. The ability to buy insurance online makes this process obsolete unless you require the extra assistance of a local agency. Although, it is possible comparison shop online and still use a local agent.
The car insurance companies shown below can provide quotes in Florida. To get the cheapest car insurance in Florida, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Rates and other information
The rate table shown below showcases a range of coverage prices for Acura RDX models. Being able to understand how insurance prices are established can be valuable when making smart choices when selecting a coverage provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|RDX Technology Package 2WD||$364||$640||$354||$20||$106||$1,484||$124|
|RDX Technology Package AWD||$364||$640||$354||$20||$106||$1,484||$124|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and homeowner. Premium amounts do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can increase or decrease price quotes substantially.
Why you need car insurance
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure an Acura in Orlando, maintaining insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
First, the majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your Acura RDX, it’s most likely the lender will have a requirement that you carry insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Acura at an extremely high rate and require you to pay for it.
Third, car insurance protects not only your car but also your financial assets. Insurance will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if you cause an accident and are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying car insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially if you ever need it. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying over $825 a year so shop around each time the policy renews to save money.
What Impacts Acura RDX Insurance Premiums?
A large part of saving on insurance is knowing the rating factors that are used to determine the price you pay for insurance. If you understand what influences your rates, this helps enable you to make changes that may result in better insurance rates. Lots of factors are part of the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Most are fairly basic such as your driving record, although some other factors are more transparent like your vehicle usage and annual miles driven.
The list below includes some of the major factors used by insurance companies to determine your premiums.
Never have coverage lapses – Allowing your insurance policy to lapse will be a fast way to trigger a rate increase. And not only will your rates increase, getting caught without coverage could result in a steep fine or even jail time. You may then be required to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Florida DMV.
Vehicle features that lower insurance rates – Choosing a vehicle that has an advanced theft prevention system can earn a premium discount. Anti-theft features like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all aid in stopping car theft.
Cars with good safety ratings cost less to insure – Safe vehicles cost less to insure. Safer cars result in less severe injuries and fewer serious injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims which can result in lower premiums.
Driving citations cost more than a fine – Getting just one speeding ticket can increase the cost of insurance substantially. Careful drivers get better rates than their less careful counterparts. Drivers who have multiple tickets like DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding might be required by their state to maintain a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to legally drive.
The diagram below demonstrates how citations and accident claims can affect Acura RDX insurance costs for each different age category. The information is based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Acura RDX statistical loss data – Insurance companies analyze the history of losses when they set coverage costs for each model. Models that are shown to have high amounts or severity of claims will cost more for specific coverages. The table shown below demonstrates the insurance loss data for Acura RDX vehicles.
For each coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles compiled together is equal to 100. Values that are 100 or less imply a favorable loss record, while values that are above 100 indicate more frequent claims or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Acura RDX 4dr 2WD||64||75||57||67||67||71|
|Acura RDX 4dr 4WD||68||79||79||68||66||60|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance quotes and discounts
Car insurance companies do not list all possible discounts very clearly, so the following is a list of both the well known and the more hidden credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Insuring a new RDX is cheaper because newer models have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Active Military Service – Being deployed in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices can help prevent theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Orlando car insurance quote.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you can bundle your auto and homeowners insurance and insure them with the same company they may give you a discount of up to 20% off your total RDX insurance premium.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers without accidents may save up to 50% more as compared to drivers with claims.
Discounts save money, but please remember that some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Despite the appearance that it’s possible to get free car insurance, you won’t be that lucky.
The example below shows the difference between Acura RDX car insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The rates are based on a male driver, no violations or accidents, Florida state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-car, homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, and marriage discounts applied.
A few of the larger companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are shown below.
- State Farm includes discounts for good student, defensive driving training, safe vehicle, student away at school, Drive Safe & Save, and passive restraint.
- American Family offers discounts including accident-free, good student, early bird, air bags, bundled insurance, and Steer into Savings.
- AAA offers discounts for good student, multi-car, anti-theft, multi-policy, education and occupation, and AAA membership discount.
- GEICO has discounts for seat belt use, emergency military deployment, defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, multi-policy, good student, and daytime running lights.
- Mercury Insurance has savings for multi-policy, multi-car, annual mileage, type of vehicle, professional/association, good driver, and location of vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for mature driver, teen driver, early shopping, alternative fuel, multi-car, switch companies, and bundle discounts.
- Progressive discounts include online signing, good student, online quote discount, multi-policy, and continuous coverage.
When comparing rates, check with all companies you are considering which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts listed above might not be available to policyholders in Orlando.
You are unique and your car insurance should be too
When it comes to a policy for your vehicles, there really isn’t a best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s needs are different.
For example, these questions may help you determine if you could use an agent’s help.
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Why are teen drivers so expensive to add on to my policy?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- What does UM/UIM cover?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Exclusive or independent insurance agents
A small number of people just prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and doing that can be a smart decision Agents can make sure you are properly covered and help submit paperwork. The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find cheap rate quotes but also keep your business local.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, the quote information is sent to companies in Orlando who will give competitive quotes for your coverage. You don’t have to leave your computer due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a specific company, just go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Choosing an insurance company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Orlando?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
When researching a reliable insurance agency, there are a couple of types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Car insurance agencies are categorized either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both types can insure your vehicles, but it’s a good idea to understand how they differ since it could factor into which type of agent you select.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can only provide pricing for a single company like Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to shop your coverage around so keep that in mind. Exclusive insurance agents receive a lot of sales training on what they offer and that can be a competitive advantage.
The following are Orlando exclusive insurance agents who may provide you with price quote information.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents are not restricted to one company and that gives them the ability to insure with an assortment of companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your agent can switch companies which requires no work on your part. When comparing rate quotes, we recommend you compare quotes from several independent insurance agents to maximize your price options.
Below are independent agencies in Orlando that can give you price quotes.
Sikes Insurance Agency Inc
5145 Curry Ford Rd – Orlando, FL 32812 – (407) 282-5145 – View Map
Once you have answers to your satisfaction to your questions as well as an affordable premium quote, it’s possible that you found an insurance agent that is a good match to properly insure your vehicles. But remember, once you purchase a policy you can terminate your policy for any reason so never feel you’re contractually obligated to a specific agent for a certain time period.
Lower rates by being persistent
In this article, we covered a lot of information how to find cheaper Acura RDX insurance in Orlando. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Consumers could even find that the lowest prices come from a smaller regional carrier.
When getting Orlando car insurance quotes online, don’t be tempted to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many cases where someone sacrificed full coverage and learned later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your focus should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest cost.
Cheaper Acura RDX insurance in Orlando can be bought on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, so get free Orlando car insurance quotes from both of them to have the best selection. Some insurance companies may not offer the ability to get quotes online and these small, regional companies work with independent agencies.
How to find cheaper quotes for Acura RDX insurance in Orlando
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find cheaper prices for Acura RDX insurance in Orlando is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from companies who sell auto insurance in Florida. Drivers can shop around by following these steps.
- First, try to comprehend auto insurance and the steps you can take to keep rates low. Many factors that cause rate increases such as accidents, careless driving, and a substandard credit history can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Second, compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Third, compare the price quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper price is available. If you can save money, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
A tip to remember is that you use similar limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get price quotes from as many companies as you can. This provides a fair price comparison and many rates to choose from.
More detailed auto insurance information is available in these articles:
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Felons in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Orlando Auto Insurance for Veterans? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)