The best way we recommend to get the cheapest Ford Escape insurance is to compare prices annually from different companies that insure vehicles in Orlando. You can shop around by following these guidelines.
- First, gain an understanding of what is in your policy and the steps you can take to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that drive up the price like traffic citations, accidents, and an unacceptable credit score can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Second, get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers. Begin your rate comparison
- Third, compare the quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you can save money, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
The key thing to remember is to use the same coverage limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get prices from as many companies as possible. This ensures a level playing field and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Anyone knows that car insurance companies don't want you to look for cheaper rates. People who compare rates at least once a year are likely to switch car insurance companies because there is a significant possibility of finding coverage at a cheaper rate. A survey found that drivers who made a habit of comparing rates saved an average of $3,500 over four years compared to those who never shopped around.
If finding the most affordable Ford Escape insurance is the reason you're here, knowing how to quote prices and compare auto insurance can help simplify the process.
Buying the cheapest insurance in Orlando is actually quite simple. If you have insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to lower your rates using this information. Nevertheless, Florida car owners must understand how insurance companies price insurance differently.
The fastest way that we advise to compare rate quotes for Ford Escape insurance in Orlando is to realize car insurance companies pay for the opportunity to give free rates quotes. The only thing you need to do is give them rating details including deductibles desired, if you went to college, if a SR-22 is required, and if it has an anti-theft system. Your rating data gets sent immediately to multiple different insurance companies and you get price estimates very quickly.
To compare affordable Ford Escape insurance rates now, click here and see if a lower rate is available in Orlando.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Florida. To buy cheap auto insurance in Florida, it's a good idea that you visit several of them to get the lowest price.
Ford Escape insurance statistics and information
The information below covers different coverage costs for Ford Escape models. Being more informed about how auto insurance premiums are calculated can assist in making decisions when shopping around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Escape XLS 2WD||$150||$290||$400||$24||$120||$984||$82|
|Escape XLS 4WD||$150||$290||$400||$24||$120||$984||$82|
|Escape XLT 2WD||$150||$290||$400||$24||$120||$984||$82|
|Escape Limited 2WD||$172||$290||$400||$24||$120||$1,006||$84|
|Escape XLT 4WD||$172||$290||$400||$24||$120||$1,006||$84|
|Escape Limited 4WD||$172||$352||$400||$24||$120||$1,068||$89|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and multi-policy. Price information does not factor in specific Orlando garaging location which can modify prices significantly.
The chart below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can increase or decrease Ford Escape insurance prices for each different age category. The premiums are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Males versus Females
The chart below compares Ford Escape annual premium costs for male and female drivers. The data assumes no claims or driving violations, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no policy discounts are applied.
Smart Buyers Can Save Money
Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that play a part in calculating the level of your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with lower premium levels.
The items below are some of the most common factors that factor into premiums.
The type of car makes a difference - The performance of the car you own makes a substantial difference in your rates. Lower cost passenger models usually have the lowest rates, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
The following chart uses these variables: single male driver age 50, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It compares Ford Escape car insurance rates compared to other models of vehicles that have a range of risk factors.
- Safer cars save money - Vehicles with good safety scores are cheaper to insure. Safe vehicles protect occupants better and better occupant protection means less claims paid and lower rates for you.
- Single drivers take more risk - Getting married may save some money when buying car insurance. Having a significant other may mean you are more stable financially it has been statistically shown that married couples file fewer claims.
- Never have coverage lapses - Having a gap between insurance policy dates is a sure-fire way to increase your car insurance rates. In addition to paying higher premiums, being ticketed for driving with no insurance will get you fines and jail time. You may have to file a SR-22 with the Florida department of motor vehicles.
- Don't skimp on liability - Liability coverage will afford coverage when you are ruled to be at fault for physical damage or personal injury to other. Your liability coverage provides for a legal defense which can cost a lot. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
- More people means more accidents - Choosing to live in small towns and rural areas has definite advantages if you are looking for the lowest rates. Less people translates into fewer accident claims in addition to lower liability claims. Urban drivers tend to have much more traffic and longer commute times. Spending more time driving means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
- Add-on coverages push up prices - There are quite a few additional coverages you can purchase if you don't pay attention. Coverages like replacement cost coverage, death and dismemberment, and membership fees may not be needed and are just wasting money. You may think they are a good idea when you first buy your policy, but if you don't need them consider taking them off your policy.
Ford Escape historical loss data - Insurance companies analyze historical claim data when they calculate premium rates for each model. Models that statistically have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will cost more for coverage. The data below shows the loss history for Ford Escape vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, as a total average, is represented as 100. Numbers under 100 indicate better than average losses, while numbers above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Ford Escape Models Specific Ford Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford Escape 4dr 2WD 80 91 83 94 94 92 Ford Escape 4dr 4WD 81 84 94 85 90 77BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Car insurance protects more than just your car
Even though Orlando Escape insurance rates can get expensive, maintaining insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability insurance if you drive a vehicle. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Ford Escape has a loan, most lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you have full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you let the policy lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Ford at an extremely high rate and require you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards not only your vehicle but also your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so it's important to compare rates at least once a year to ensure rates are inline.