Hyundai Elantra insurance image courtesy of QuoteInspector.com
I can't think of a single person who rejoices having to buy car insurance, in particular when it costs too dang much.
It's safe to assume that auto insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. Insureds who perform rate comparisons will presumably switch companies because of the good chance of getting low-cost coverage. A recent study showed that consumers who did price comparisons regularly saved about $3,500 over four years as compared to drivers who don't make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the lowest price for insurance is the reason you're reading this, then knowing how to find and compare cheaper coverage can save money and time.
Multiple insurers compete for your business, and because of this it can be hard to compare car insurance companies to get the lowest rate on Hyundai Elantra insurance in Orlando.
Don't overlook these Hyundai Elantra insurance discounts
Some companies don't always list every policy discount very well, so the list below details both well-publicized and the harder-to-find credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Orlando car insurance online.
- One Accident Forgiven - Not necessarily a discount, but certain companies will allow you to have one accident without raising rates if you have no claims for a specific time period.
- Government Employee Discount - Employees or retirees of the government can save as much as 8% with select insurance companies.
- Life Insurance Discount - Some companies give a discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- Driver Training Discounts - Passing a driver safety course could earn you a small percentage discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Pay Now and Pay Less - By paying your entire bill at once as opposed to paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Cars and trucks with ABS and/or traction control can avoid accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Military Deployment Discount - Having a deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
- Multi-policy Discount - If you insure your home and vehicles with one insurance company you may save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - Teen drivers should participate in a local driver's education class in high school.
- Data Collection Discounts - Insureds who allow driving data collection to spy on where and when they drive by using a telematics device such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate's Drivewise system could possibly reduce rates if their driving habits are good.
Don't be surprised that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though you would think you could get a free auto insurance policy, you won't be that lucky.
The illustration below shows the difference between Hyundai Elantra car insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the rates. Data assumes a female driver, no accidents, no driving violations, Florida state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, safe-driver, marriage, multi-policy, multi-car, and claim-free discounts applied.
A list of companies and the discounts they provide can be found below.
- GEICO includes discounts for defensive driver, daytime running lights, multi-vehicle, emergency military deployment, air bags, multi-policy, and five-year accident-free.
- Mercury Insurance may have discounts that include multi-car, good student, type of vehicle, annual mileage, multi-policy, and accident-free.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including good student, mature driver, early shopping, homeowner, electronic funds transfer, and distant student.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may include discounts for group or association, multiple vehicles, mature driver, anti-lock brakes, teen driver, and safe driver.
- Liberty Mutual may offer discounts for new move discount, multi-policy, newly married, hybrid vehicle, safety features, and newly retired.
- SAFECO discounts include homeowner, drive less, teen safety rewards, teen safe driver, anti-theft, and accident prevention training.
- Progressive offers discounts for online quote discount, good student, multi-vehicle, online signing, continuous coverage, and homeowner.
- USAA offers premium reductions for good student, family discount, annual mileage, driver training, and safe driver.
Before buying, ask every insurance company to give you their best rates. Some credits might not be offered in Orlando.
The method we recommend to compare insurance rates from multiple companies is to know the trick most larger insurance companies will pay a fee to give free rates quotes. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is give them rating details like the year, make and model of vehicles, if you're married, distance driven, and if you require a SR-22. The data is instantly submitted to many of the top insurers and they return rate quotes almost instantly.
If you would like to start a quote now, click here and find out if lower rates are available in Orlando.
The car insurance companies shown below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Florida. If multiple companies are listed, it's a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Insurance coverage details
The information displayed below highlights different prices for Hyundai Elantra models. Having insight into how insurance policy rates are figured can help you make smart choices when selecting a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Elantra GLS Touring Station Wagon||$242||$438||$400||$24||$120||$1,224||$102|
|Elantra Blue 4-Dr Sedan||$242||$628||$472||$28||$142||$1,512||$126|
|Elantra GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$278||$628||$472||$28||$142||$1,548||$129|
|Elantra SE 4-Dr Sedan||$278||$628||$472||$28||$142||$1,548||$129|
|Elantra SE Touring Station Wagon||$278||$532||$400||$24||$120||$1,354||$113|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-policy. Table data does not factor in vehicle garaging location which can increase or decrease auto insurance rates greatly.
Premiums by gender and age
The example below illustrates the comparison of Hyundai Elantra insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no accidents or driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Should you buy full coverage?
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Hyundai Elantra annual premium costs with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The data assumes a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no other discounts are factored in.
Should you buy full coverage or liability only?
There is no definitive formula to drop full coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of coverage is 10% or more of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Hyundai Elantra claim settlement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company will settle for is $8,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are currently paying more than $800 annually for full coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some circumstances where buying only liability insurance is not recommended. If you haven't satisfied your loan, you have to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not remove full coverage.
Insurance Price Influencing Factors
Many different elements are part of the calculation when quoting car insurance. Most are fairly basic like your driving record, but others are less obvious such as your credit history or how financially stable you are. An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the factors that come into play when calculating the level of your policy premiums. If you know what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make good choices that will entitle you to better car insurance rates.
What are good liability limits? - A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance will provide protection when a jury decides you are liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Your policy's liability insurance provides you with a defense in court starting from day one. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
Save money by having multiple policies - Lots of insurance companies will award a discount to policyholders who consolidate policies with them. It's known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you're getting this discount it's always a smart idea to get quotes from other companies to help ensure you have the lowest rates.There is a good possibility that you can find better rates even if you have your coverage with different companies
Your vocation and car insurance rates - Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Careers such as military generals, airline pilots, and stock brokers tend to pay higher average rates because of intense work-related stress and lots of time spent at work. On the flip side, careers like scientists, athletes and performers receive lower rates.
How do annual miles impact premiums? - The more you drive every year the more it will cost to insure it. Most companies apply a rate partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars left parked in the garage receive lower rates compared to those used for work or business. Ask your agent if your car insurance policy correctly shows how each vehicle is driven. An incorrectly rated Elantra may be costing you higher rates.
Claims statistics for a Hyundai Elantra - Insurers factor in historical loss data as a tool for profitable underwriting. Vehicles that historically have a trend towards higher claims will have higher premium rates.
The information below illustrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Hyundai Elantra vehicles. For each coverage category, the statistical loss for all vehicles, as an average, is equal to 100. Values below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while values that are above 100 point to more claims or a tendency for claims to be larger.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Hyundai Elantra GT||95||91||95||112||114||107|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
What insurance coverages do I need?
When selecting insurance from an agent or online for your personal vehicles, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Your needs are not the same as everyone else's.
These are some specific questions could help you determine if your insurance needs could use an agent's help.
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- What are the best liability limits?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in Florida?
If you don't know the answers to these questions, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form.
Local Orlando auto insurance agents and insurance
Some consumers still like to sit down with an agent and that is a smart decision A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get cheaper prices and still choose a local agent. Supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is still important in Orlando.
Upon completion of this simple form, your insurance data is emailed to companies in Orlando that can give you free Orlando car insurance quotes for your coverage. You won't need to do any legwork due to the fact that quote results will go instantly to you. Get lower rates without having to waste a lot of time. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, you can always go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Orlando car insurance agents are either independent or exclusive
When narrowing the list to find a local agent, there are a couple of types of insurance agents that you can select. Agents are categorized either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent do not work for one specific company so they can insure your vehicles through many companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If your premiums go up, your agent can just switch to a different company which is easy for the insured.
When comparing insurance prices, you should always get insurance quotes from a few independent agents to have the best price comparison.
Listed below are independent insurance agents in Orlando that may be able to provide pricing information.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents can usually just insure with one company like State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company's prices so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. These agents receive extensive training on their company's products which can be an advantage.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agencies in Orlando that can give you price quote information.
Jim Daniels - State Farm Insurance Agent
4759 S Conway Rd - Orlando, FL 32812 - (407) 855-6791 - View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. These are valid questions to ask:
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Orlando?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
Why you need Hyundai Elantra insurance in Florida
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Hyundai in Orlando, paying for insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability in order to be legal. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Hyundai has a loan, most lenders will have a requirement that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Hyundai at a significantly higher premium and make you pay the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Hyundai Elantra but also your financial assets. It will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of your driving. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your insurance policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your Elantra are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly for liability claims. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer overpays as much as $700 annually so compare rate quotes every year to ensure rates are inline.
Best auto insurance company in Orlando
Buying coverage from a good quality insurer can be rather challenging considering how many companies there are to choose from in Florida. The company rank data in the next section may help you decide which insurers to look at purchasing from.
Top 10 Orlando Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
More effort can pay off
Some insurance providers do not offer online quoting and most of the time these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent agents. Affordable Hyundai Elantra insurance in Orlando can be bought both online in addition to many Orlando insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best rate selection.
As you prepare to switch companies, it's very important that you do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are many occasions where an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage only to find out that they should have had better coverage. Your goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best cost while still protecting your assets.
In this article, we covered many ways to reduce Hyundai Elantra insurance rates online in Orlando. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from an unexpected company.
Steps to quoting cheaper Hyundai Elantra insurance in Orlando
To save the most money, the best way to find low-cost Hyundai Elantra insurance is to start comparing prices regularly from insurers that insure vehicles in Orlando. You can compare rates by following these steps.
Step 1: Spend some time learning about how companies set rates and the factors you can control to prevent high rates. Many factors that increase rates like accidents, traffic violations, and a bad credit rating can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Step 2: Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from multiple sources.
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your current policy premium and see if you can save money. If you can save some money and switch companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Tell your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your current coverage and submit a down payment along with a completed application to your new company or agent. Once coverage is bound, put the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in your vehicle's glove compartment or console.
The key thing to remember is that you'll want to make sure you compare the same level of coverage on each price quote and and to look at as many different insurance providers as possible. This helps ensure a level playing field and a complete price analysis.
To learn more, take a look at the following helpful articles:
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Orlando Auto Insurance Quotes for 18 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Orlando Auto Insurance for Low Income Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Honda Civic in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Company Car in Orlando? (FAQ)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)