Astonishing but true according to a recent study, the vast majority of auto insurance customers renewed their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and 38% of drivers have never even compared quotes to find affordable rates. Most drivers in Orlando could save almost 55% each year just by shopping around, but they just feel it’s too hard to compare other rate quotes.
The best way to get cheaper Buick Rendezvous insurance in Orlando is to start doing an annual price comparison from different companies in Florida.
- It will benefit you to learn about coverages and the measures you can take to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices like speeding and an unacceptable credit score can be amended by paying attention to minor details.
- Get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple insurance companies. View insurance agents
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy and determine if cheaper Rendezvous coverage is available. If you find a lower rate quote and make a switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
The key aspect of shopping around is to make sure you’re comparing identical deductibles and limits on every price quote and and to compare all possible companies. Doing this enables an apples-to-apples comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Smart Buyers Can Cut Insurance Costs
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the rating factors that help calculate the price you pay for auto insurance. If you understand what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make good choices that may reward you with big savings.
- A policy lapse is a bad thing – Driving with no insurance can get you a ticket and your next policy will cost more because you let your coverage lapse. And not only will insurance be more expensive, failure to provide proof of insurance can result in a license revocation or jail time. You will then be forced to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Florida motor vehicle department.
- Discounts for married couples – Being married actually saves money when buying auto insurance. Marriage demonstrates that you tend to be more mature and it’s proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Men are more aggressive – Statistics demonstrate that females tend to be a little less risky than males. However, don’t assume that men are worse drivers. Males and females cause auto accidents at about the same rate, but guys cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Not only that, but men also have more aggressive citations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
- Teenagers are high risk – Older people are proven to be safer behind the wheel, cause fewer claims and accidents, and usually have better credit. Beginning drivers have been known to be less responsible when driving with friends therefore auto insurance rates are much higher.
- Accidents can be expensive – Drivers who don’t get tickets tend to pay less for car insurance as compared to careless drivers. Having just one driving citation can bump up the cost to the point where it’s not affordable. People who have severe violations such as DUI or reckless driving may need to complete a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to legally drive.
The most recommended method to compare insurance rates from multiple companies takes advantage of the fact car insurance companies have advanced systems to give rate comparisons. The only thing you need to do is take a few minutes to give details like how much coverage you want, if you require a SR-22, your occupation, and daily mileage. That information gets sent immediately to many of the top insurers and you should receive rate quotes instantly.
To start a quote now, click here and see if a lower rate is available in Orlando.
The companies shown below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Florida. To locate cheap car insurance in FL, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Why you need insurance for your Buick Rendezvous
Even though it can be expensive, maintaining insurance is required in Florida but it also protects you in many ways.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Buick Rendezvous, it’s most likely the lender will make it mandatory that you have insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you default on your policy, the bank may insure your Buick at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your Buick and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your Rendezvous more than offset the price you pay, especially if you ever need it. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is overpaying over $865 each year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are inline.
Cheap Orlando insurance rates with discounts
Car insurance companies do not advertise every discount they offer in an easy-to-find place, so the following list contains both well-publicized and also the lesser-known discounts you could be receiving when you buy Orlando auto insurance online.
- Pay Early and Save – By paying your entire bill at once instead of making monthly payments you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Accident-free drivers can save up to 40% or more on their Orlando auto insurance quote than drivers with accident claims.
- Telematics Data – People who choose to allow driving data submission to spy on driving manner remotely such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate could save a few bucks as long as the data is positive.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to use a seat belt can save a little on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- College Student Discount – Older children who are attending college and do not take a car to college may qualify for this discount.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Keeping the miles down on your Buick may allow you to get lower premium rates on the low mileage vehicles.
A little disclaimer on discounts, some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Even though it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, you aren’t that lucky. Any amount of discount will definitely reduce your premiums.
A list of companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are included below.
- AAA has savings for AAA membership discount, pay-in-full, education and occupation, multi-car, multi-policy, good student, and good driver.
- Progressive has discounts for online quote discount, good student, multi-vehicle, online signing, multi-policy, continuous coverage, and homeowner.
- State Farm may include discounts for multiple autos, good student, accident-free, safe vehicle, and anti-theft.
- Esurance policyholders can earn discounts including Pac-12 alumni, emergency road assistance, good student, multi-car, renters, and online quote.
- Nationwide offers discounts including business or organization, family plan, good student, Farm Bureau membership, easy pay, multi-policy, and defensive driving.
If you want inexpensive Orlando auto insurance quotes, ask each company which credits you are entitled to. Savings may not apply in Orlando. If you would like to choose from a list of companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Orlando, follow this link.
Insurance is available from your local insurance agencies
Some people still prefer to visit with an insurance agent. An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that you can find cheaper premium rates but still work with a licensed agent.
After filling out this simple form, the coverage information gets sent to participating agents in Orlando who can give free rate quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. You can find better rates and work with a local agent. If you need to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Finding a good insurance company requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- How long have they been in business?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
If you prefer to buy insurance from a local insurance agency, it’s important to understand the different types of agencies and how they function. Insurance agents in Orlando are either independent or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents work for only one company and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they have to upsell other benefits. They are usually well trained on the products they sell which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Orlando willing to provide comparison quotes.
Bill Cordy – State Farm Insurance Agent
2737 N Hiawassee Rd – Orlando, FL 32818 – (407) 298-9996 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent insurance agents often have affiliation with several companies and that gives them the ability to insure with any number of different companies depending on which coverage is best. To move your coverage to a new company, the business is moved internally and the insured can keep the same agent. If you need lower rates, we recommend you get rate quotes from at least one independent agent to get the best comparison.
Shown below is a list of independent agencies in Orlando that can give you price quotes.
WEGO Insurance Agency, Inc
520 N Semoran Blvd #270 – Orlando, FL 32807 – (407) 476-7972 – View Map
Affordable coverage is out there
When you buy Orlando auto insurance online, don’t be tempted to buy poor coverage just to save money. In many cases, consumers will sacrifice collision coverage only to regret that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The ultimate goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
We just presented quite a bit of information on how to reduce Buick Rendezvous insurance rates online in Orlando. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. Consumers may even find the most savings is with the least-expected company. They may cover specific market segments cheaper compared to the large companies like State Farm and Allstate.
Even more information can be found in these articles:
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a Honda Accord in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Orlando Auto Insurance for Immigrants? (FAQ)
- How Much are Orlando Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with Bad Credit? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Good Students in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Orlando Auto Insurance for Hybrid Vehicles? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Sentra in Orlando? (FAQ)
- How Much are Orlando Auto Insurance Quotes for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)