Shocking but true, nearly 70% of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for over three years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared rates with other companies. Many drivers in Florida could save 55% every year, but they just don’t understand the big savings they would realize if they switched.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find cheaper prices for car insurance rates in Orlando is to begin comparing prices regularly from insurance carriers who sell auto insurance in Florida. Rates can be compared by following these steps.
- Spend some time learning about how auto insurance works and the modifications you can make to keep rates in check. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases such as at-fault accidents, careless driving, and an imperfect credit rating can be remedied by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple companies.
- Compare the new quotes to your existing coverage and see if you can save money. If you can save money and decide to switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide adequate notice to your current company of your intention to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application for the new coverage. Once coverage is bound, safely store the certificate of insurance with the vehicle registration.
An important note is to make sure you’re comparing similar coverage information on each quote and and to get rate quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. This provides a level playing field and the best rate selection.
Quoting and comparing rates for affordable insurance in Orlando can be fairly easy. If you are insured now or are looking for a new policy, you will benefit by learning to cut your premiums while maintaining coverages. Shoppers just have to know the least time-consuming way to quote multiple rates online.
Car insurance quotes and discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t necessarily list every discount available in an easy-to-find place, so here is a list both well-publicized and the more hidden savings tricks you should be using when you buy Orlando auto insurance online.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to fasten their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Military Discounts – Being on active deployment in the military could qualify you for better premium rates.
- Drive Less and Save – Keeping the miles down on your Cadillac can earn better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems have a lower chance of being stolen and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Orlando Homeowners Discount – Being a homeowner can save a few bucks because of the fact that having a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
Keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. A few only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Despite the appearance that having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies don’t profit that way.
The example below illustrates the difference between Cadillac Escalade insurance rates with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The price estimates are based on a female driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, Florida state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, and marriage discounts applied.
To see companies who offer discounts in Florida, follow this link.
Most of the larger companies such as 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm give prices direct online. Comparing prices online for Cadillac Escalade insurance in Orlando is pretty easy as you just enter your coverage information into the form. When complete, their system automatically retrieves your driving and credit reports and returns a price quote.
This helps simplify price comparisons, and it’s necessary to have as many quotes as possible in order to find a better rate.
To compare rates now, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you replicate coverages and limits as shown on your current policy. This helps ensure you will have a rate comparison for exact coverage.
The following companies offer quotes in Orlando, FL. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you get rate quotes from several of them to get the most affordable price.
Insurance rate breakdown
The coverage table displayed below showcases a range of coverage prices for Cadillac Escalade models. Understanding how insurance quotes are formulated can be useful when making smart choices when comparing insurance quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Escalade Luxury Edition 2WD||$270||$532||$630||$38||$188||$1,658||$138|
|Escalade Premium Edition 4WD||$296||$532||$630||$38||$188||$1,684||$140|
|Escalade Luxury Edition 4WD||$296||$532||$630||$38||$188||$1,684||$140|
|Escalade Premium Edition 2WD||$296||$532||$630||$38||$188||$1,684||$140|
|Escalade Hybrid 2WD||$296||$674||$570||$34||$170||$1,744||$145|
|Escalade Hybrid 4WD||$296||$674||$570||$34||$170||$1,744||$145|
|Escalade Platinum Edition 2WD||$296||$602||$630||$38||$188||$1,754||$146|
|Escalade Platinum Edition 4WD||$296||$602||$630||$38||$188||$1,754||$146|
|Escalade Hybrid Platinum 2WD||$320||$744||$570||$34||$170||$1,838||$153|
|Escalade Hybrid Platinum 4WD||$320||$744||$570||$34||$170||$1,838||$153|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and safe-driver. Rate information does not factor in specific zip code location which can modify coverage rates significantly.
The information below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can influence Cadillac Escalade insurance costs for different ages of insureds. The rate quotes are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Car insurance rates are higher with tickets and accidents
The example below highlights how traffic violations and accidents influence Cadillac Escalade car insurance rates for different categories of driver ages. The data is based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Does full coverage make sense?
The information below visualizes the comparison of Cadillac Escalade auto insurance rates with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The information is based on no violations or accidents, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Guidelines for eliminating full coverage
There is no set guideline to stop paying for physical damage coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is about 10% or more of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Cadillac Escalade settlement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would receive is $8,000 after paying your policy deductible. If it’s costing in excess of $800 a year to have full coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some scenarios where buying only liability insurance is not advised. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to carry full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not opt for liability only.
Cut Insurance Costs with These Tips
A large part of saving on insurance is knowing some of the factors that play a part in calculating your premiums. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get big savings. Many different elements are used when premium rates are determined. Some factors are common sense such as your driving record, but some are not quite as obvious like your continuous coverage or how financially stable you are.
Policy add-ons may be wasting money – There are quite a few extra coverages you can purchase if you aren’t careful. Add-on coverages like rental car coverage, death and dismemberment, and term life insurance may not be needed and are just wasting money. You may think they are a good idea initially, but if you don’t need them remove them and pocket the money.
Save money by raising deductibles – Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles define the amount you are willing to pay if you file a covered claim. Physical damage insurance, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, is used to repair damage to your car. A few examples of covered claims are a windshield broken by a bird, collision with a deer, or theft of your vehicle. The more damage repair cost the insured is willing to pay, the less money you will pay for insurance.
The type of car, truck or SUV makes a difference – The make and model of the car you own makes a significant difference in your auto insurance rates. The best insurance prices will normally be found when insuring low performance passenger models, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
The following chart uses these assumptions: single female driver age 40, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It shows Cadillac Escalade policy rates compared to other vehicles that have different performance rating factors.
Better prices on safer vehicles – Vehicles with high crash test scores are cheaper to insure. These vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and reduced instances of injuries means less money paid by your insurance company passed on to you as lower rates. If your Cadillac Escalade has ratings of a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it may cost less to insure.
Premiums are affected by your credit rating – Having a bad credit rating can be an important factor in determining premium rates. So if your credit rating can use some improvement, you could be paying less to insure your Cadillac Escalade if you clean up your credit. Drivers with high credit ratings tend to be better risks to insure as compared to drivers with lower ratings.
Cadillac Escalade historical loss data – Auto insurance companies use historical loss data when they calculate premium rates for each model. Models that historically have higher losses will have higher rates for specific coverages. The table below illustrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Cadillac Escalade vehicles.
For each coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles averaged together equals 100. Numbers below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while numbers shown that are more than 100 point to more frequent losses or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Cadillac Escalade 4dr 2WD||156||122|
|Cadillac Escalade 4dr 4WD||132||99||119||55|
|Cadillac Escalade ESV 4dr 2WD||124|
|Cadillac Escalade ESV 4dr 4WD||123||106||155|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance agents are trained to help
A lot of people would prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that can be a great decision Professional insurance agents can help you build your policy and help file insurance claims. A good thing about getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates but also keep your business local. And buying from local agents is especially important in Orlando.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to agents in your area who will gladly provide quotes for your business. There is no need to search for an agent because prices are sent to your email. If you wish to compare rates from a specific car insurance provider, feel free to jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
The difference between Orlando auto insurance agents
If you are wanting to find a reliable agent, it’s important to understand the types of agencies and how they operate. Car insurance agencies are either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both types of agents can provide car insurance policies, but it’s important to point out the difference between them since it may influence the kind of agent you use.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
These agents often have many company appointments and that enables them to quote your coverage through many companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply move the coverage in-house and the insured can keep the same agent.
When comparing rates, you absolutely need to get some free quotes from a couple of independent agencies for the best price selection. Most independent agents also contract with companies you’ve never heard of which could offer lower prices.
The following are independent agencies in Orlando that may be able to give pricing information.
- JCJ Insurance Agency LLC
2208 Hillcrest St – Orlando, FL 32803 – (321) 445-1117 – View Map
- Budget Insurance Agency
5574 N Orange Blossom Trail – Orlando, FL 32808 – (321) 270-6385 – View Map
- Collins Insurance Agency, Inc.
522 E Colonial Dr – Orlando, FL 32803 – (407) 423-8345 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents work for only one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. These agents are not able to provide rate quotes from other companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on the products they sell which can be an advantage. Consumers sometimes buy insurance from these agents mostly because of the brand and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Orlando willing to provide price quotes.
- Jim Daniels – State Farm Insurance Agent
4759 S Conway Rd – Orlando, FL 32812 – (407) 855-6791 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Domingo Bravo
9330 Narcoossee Rd – Orlando, FL 32827 – (407) 281-6300 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Amy Rossi
901 N Mills Ave – Orlando, FL 32803 – (407) 843-3333 – View Map
Finding a good auto insurance agent should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. A good agent in Orlando will have answers to these questions.
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
Car insurance is an important decision
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Cadillac in Orlando, insuring your vehicle is required for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability in order to drive the car. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, it’s most likely the lender will require you to have insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If the policy lapses, the lender will be forced to insure your Cadillac at a significantly higher premium and require you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Car insurance preserves both your vehicle and your assets. It also can pay for medical bills that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your Cadillac gets damaged, your policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having insurance outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. An average driver in America is overpaying more than $855 a year so compare rate quotes each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Don’t give up on affordable premiums
You just read many tips how you can get a better price on Cadillac Escalade insurance in Orlando. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the most savings is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Lower-priced insurance in Orlando is attainable online as well as from independent agents in Orlando, and you need to price shop both to have the best rate selection. A few companies may not offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these small insurance companies only sell coverage through independent agents.
When shopping online for insurance, don’t be tempted to reduce needed coverages to save money. There are too many instances where drivers have reduced liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. The aim is to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate, but do not skimp to save money.
Additional insurance information is available at these links:
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a Honda Accord in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a DUI in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Orlando Auto Insurance for Veterans? (FAQ)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)