It's well known that auto insurance companies don't want you to compare rates. Consumers who shop rates annually are likely to switch insurance companies because there is a good probability of finding a policy with more affordable rates. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that consumers who compared rates once a year saved an average of $850 each year compared to people who never compared prices.
If finding the cheapest price for auto insurance in Orlando is why you're reading this, then having some insight into the best ways to shop for auto insurance can save money and time.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to get the cheapest auto insurance rates in Orlando is to annually compare prices from different companies in Florida. Price quotes can be compared by following these steps.
First, take a few minutes and learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the steps you can take to keep rates low. Many things that result in higher prices such as careless driving and a bad credit score can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Second, request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple sources.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a better price, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
Fourth, give proper notification to your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your current coverage and submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to your new insurance company. Make sure you keep the new certificate of insurance along with the vehicle's registration papers.
One tip to remember is to compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and and to look at as many companies as possible. Doing this ensures a level playing field and a complete selection of prices.
Finding the cheapest insurance coverage in Orlando is really not that difficult. Practically everyone who shops around for insurance will most likely be able to save money. But Florida car owners must comprehend how big insurance companies sell online and take advantage of how the system works.
To find more affordable rates, there are a couple of ways of comparing price quotes from different companies. By far the easiest way to do a complete rate comparison consists of obtaining rate quotes online.
Online shopping is fast and free, and it takes the place of having to spend your day driving to each insurance agency near you. The internet eliminates the middleman unless you have a complicated situation and need the advice and guidance of a local agent. Although you can compare online quotes but have a local agent actually write the policy.
Keep in mind that comparing all the rates in your area gives you a better chance of getting better pricing.
The following companies provide price quotes in Florida. If you want to find cheaper auto insurance in Florida, it's highly recommended you visit as many as you can to get the most affordable price.
Affordable rates on Audi S6 insurance in Orlando with these eight car insurance discounts
Some insurers do not list the complete list of policy discounts very well, so the list below details both well-publicized and also the more inconspicuous credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Accident Waiver - This one is not really a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies allow you one accident before your rates go up with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Discount for Good Grades - Performing well in school could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings - Driving fewer miles can earn better prices on cars that stay parked.
- Government Employees - Having worked for a branch of the government can save as much as 8% depending on your car insurance provider.
- Driver Education Discount - Have your child take driver's ed class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Onboard Data Collection - People who choose to allow their company to analyze driving patterns remotely such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive may see discounts as long as they are good drivers.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a small discount if you purchase a life policy as well.
- Orlando Homeowners Pay Less - Owning a home in Orlando can save a few bucks because of the fact that having a home is proof of financial responsibility.
Just know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it just doesn't work that way. Any amount of discount will definitely lower your overall bill.
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Audi S6 insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The premium estimates are based on a female driver, no claims or driving violations, Florida state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, marriage, safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-car discounts applied.
A list of companies and their offered discounts can be read below.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for online signing, multi-policy, online quote discount, homeowner, multi-vehicle, good student, and continuous coverage.
- AAA offers discounts for anti-theft, multi-car, good student, AAA membership discount, pay-in-full, good driver, and multi-policy.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for business and professional, youthful driver, mature driver, electronic funds transfer, early shopping, homeowner, and switch companies.
- GEICO has savings for military active duty, federal employee, good student, multi-policy, anti-lock brakes, five-year accident-free, and air bags.
- Esurance offers discounts including DriveSense, emergency road assistance, Pac-12 alumni, online shopper, and homeowner.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including bundle discounts, accident prevention training, homeowner, teen safety rewards, and anti-theft.
- State Farm may include discounts for defensive driving training, driver's education, student away at school, Steer Clear safe driver discount, accident-free, and multiple policy.
If you need affordable Orlando car insurance quotes, ask each insurance company what discounts are available to you. Some discounts may not apply to policies in your area. To see providers that provide some of the discounts listed above in Orlando, click this link.
Rates and information analytics
The information shown next showcases different insurance costs for Audi S6 models. Understanding more about how insurance policy rates are established can be valuable when making smart choices when comparing insurance quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|S6 Quattro 4-Dr Sedan||$508||$1202||$438||$26||$132||$2,306||$192|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Information does not factor in Orlando location which can alter coverage prices significantly.
How violations and accidents impact rates
The chart below demonstrates how speeding tickets and accident claims can affect Audi S6 car insurance costs for different age categories. The prices are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Liability only or full coverage
The information below illustrates the difference between Audi S6 insurance premiums with full coverage and liability only. The costs are based on no accidents, no driving violations, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied.
When to switch to liability coverage only
There is no definitive rule for phasing out full coverage, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of coverage is about 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Audi S6 claim settlement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company will settle for is $3,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are paying over $300 a year to have full coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are some cases where buying only liability insurance is not a good plan. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not drop full coverage.
Are auto insurance agents obsolete?
Many people just want to talk to an insurance agent and doing so can bring peace of mind A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get lower rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your insurance coverage information is sent to local insurance agents who will give you quotes for your coverage. There is no need to find an agent due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. Get lower rates without having to waste a lot of time. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance provider, you can always go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Picking an provider should include more criteria than just the bottom line cost. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
If you are wanting to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, there are a couple of different types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Orlando agents are classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
These type of agents can only write with one company and examples are AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. They usually cannot give you multiple price quotes so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on what they offer and that can be a competitive advantage.
Below is a short list of exclusive agents in Orlando that can give you price quotes.
Helen Tallon - State Farm Insurance Agent
2813 S Hiawassee Rd #107 - Orlando, FL 32835 - (407) 522-9700 - View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents do not have single company limitations so they can quote policies with lots of companies and find you cheaper rates. If your agent finds better pricing, your agent can switch companies and you don't have to find a new agent.
When shopping rates, you need to get insurance quotes from several independent insurance agents for maximum quote selection.
Listed below is a list of independent agencies in Orlando that are able to give rate quotes.
Once you have good answers to any questions you may have as well as a affordable price, chances are good that you have found a car insurance agent that is reputable and can provide insurance coverage. But keep in mind you can cancel your policy whenever you choose to so never feel that you are permanently stuck with any specific company with no way to switch.
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
Always remember that when buying a policy for your personal vehicles, there is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your needs are unique to you so this has to be addressed. For instance, these questions can aid in determining if your situation may require specific advice.
- What does medical payments cover?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- Am I covered while delivering pizza?
- Who sells insurance for high-risk drivers?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- Are rock-chip repairs free?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
If you can't answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Three reasons auto insurance is important
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Orlando, auto insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability coverage in order to drive the car. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, more than likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you have full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may buy a policy for your Audi at an extremely high rate and force you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance preserves not only your car but also your assets. It will also reimburse you for hospital and medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Audi as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly when you have a large claim. According to a recent study, the average American driver is wasting up to $800 each year so we recommend shopping around at every renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Car insurance coverage considerations
Knowing the specifics of your car insurance policy can be of help when determining the best coverages for your vehicles. Car insurance terms can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Shown next are the usual coverages offered by car insurance companies.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
This coverage protects you and your vehicle's occupants when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Audi S6.
Due to the fact that many Florida drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (10/20/10), their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for short-term medical expenses like surgery, EMT expenses and hospital visits. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Liability insurance protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property that is your fault. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see values of 10/20/10 that translate to a limit of $10,000 per injured person, a total of $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $10,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability can pay for claims like pain and suffering, repair costs for stationary objects, funeral expenses and structural damage. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but it's cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford. Florida state minimum liability requirements are 10/20/10 but it's recommended drivers buy better liability coverage.
The next chart shows why buying low liability limits may not be adequate.
Collision coverage protection
Collision coverage covers damage to your S6 from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against claims like damaging your car on a curb, colliding with another moving vehicle and backing into a parked car. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to choose a higher deductible on your S6 in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Comprehensive auto coverage
This coverage pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as vandalism, hitting a bird, hail damage, falling objects and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle's value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Cheap coverage is out there
There are still a few companies who may not have price quotes online and most of the time these small, regional companies work with local independent agencies. Lower-priced Audi S6 insurance in Orlando is possible on the web as well as from independent agents in Orlando, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
We covered quite a bit of information on how to find lower-cost Audi S6 insurance in Orlando. It's most important to understand that the more companies you get premium rates for, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may even discover the best auto insurance rates are with some of the lesser-known companies. Regional companies can often provide lower premium rates in certain areas than their larger competitors like State Farm or Progressive.
To learn more, feel free to browse these articles:
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Orlando Auto Insurance for Veterans? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Orlando Auto Insurance for Hybrid Vehicles? (FAQ)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)