Trying to find the cheapest insurance for a new or used Dodge Viper in Florida can turn out to be difficult, but you can follow the following methods and make it easy. There is a right way and a wrong way to find auto insurance online and you need to know the absolute fastest way to price shop coverage on a Dodge and locate the best price possible.
Locating the best rates in Orlando can be easy if you know a few tricks. If you already have coverage or just want a better rate, you can use these tips to save money and still get good coverage. Consumers just need to understand the quickest method to shop their coverage around instantly.
The following companies provide price quotes in Florida. If you wish to find the best car insurance in FL, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Buying the right Dodge Viper insurance in Florida is an important decision
Even though it can be expensive, maintaining insurance is required by state law in Florida and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Dodge Viper has a lienholder, more than likely the lender will require you to carry insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Dodge at an extremely high rate and require you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Car insurance preserves your car and your assets. It also can pay for all forms of medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having insurance outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. An average driver in America is overpaying more than $825 a year so it’s important to compare rates at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Insurance data for a Dodge Viper
The premium table shown below covers estimates of policy rates for Dodge Viper models. Having knowledge of how insurance prices are established is important for drivers to make smart choices when selecting a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Viper SRT/10 2-Dr Coupe||$554||$1196||$426||$26||$128||$2,330||$194|
|Viper SRT/10 2-Dr Roadster||$554||$1196||$426||$26||$128||$2,330||$194|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, and safe-driver. Rates do not factor in Orlando location which can revise price quotes significantly.
Annual premiums for males versus females in Orlando
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Dodge Viper yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no accidents, no driving violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Full coverage rates vs. liability-only in Orlando
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Dodge Viper auto insurance rates with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The premium estimates are based on no claims, a clean driving record, $250 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to eliminate full coverage
There is no set guideline of when to stop paying for comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let’s say your Dodge Viper claim settlement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would receive is $8,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are paying more than $800 a year to have full coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some circumstances where dropping full coverage is not a good idea. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you must maintain physical damage coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not remove full coverage.
Auto insurance discounts help lower rates for Dodge Viper insurance in Orlando
Companies don’t list every possible discount very clearly, so the below list has both well-publicized as well as the least known credits available to bring down your rates.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to participate in a local driver’s education class in high school.
- Driving Data Discount – People who choose to allow companies to monitor vehicle usage by using a telematic data system such as State Farm’s In-Drive may get a rate reduction if they show good driving skills.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying insurance for multiple cars or trucks with one company qualifies for this discount.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not all auto insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a discount if you purchase some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Claim-Free Discount – Insureds with no claims or accidents can save substantially as compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you can combine your auto and homeowners policy with the same company you could get a discount of as much as 10 to 15 percent.
Remember that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Despite the fact that it seems like you can get free auto insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Dodge Viper auto insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The data is based on a male driver, no accidents, no driving violations, Florida state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, homeowner, multi-car, multi-policy, claim-free, and marriage discounts applied.
Car insurance companies that possibly offer some of the above discounts may include but are not limited to:
If you need low cost Orlando auto insurance quotes, ask each company to apply every possible discount. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be available in Orlando. To choose providers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Orlando, follow this link.
Local Orlando insurance agents
A lot of people prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Good insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and help in the event of a claim. The best thing about price shopping on the web is that you can obtain cheap rate quotes and still have a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your coverage information is submitted to agents in your area who want to provide quotes for your coverage. You never need to do any legwork due to the fact that quote results will go instantly to you. If you need to get a rate quote from a specific auto insurance provider, you would need to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Finding a good insurance company is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Orlando?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
The different types of auto insurance agents
When researching a reputable agency, it’s helpful to know the different agency structures from which to choose. Auto insurance agents can be categorized as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both types can sell affordable auto insurance policies, but it’s worth mentioning the difference in how they write coverage since it can affect which agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents can only quote rates from one company and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are well schooled in insurance sales and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers sometimes choose to use a exclusive agent partially due to high brand loyalty instead of buying on price only.
The following are exclusive agents in Orlando that can give you comparison quotes.
- Leigh DelVesco – State Farm Insurance Agent
3806 Edgewater Dr – Orlando, FL 32804 – (407) 290-8544 – View Map
- Chris Vella – State Farm Insurance Agent
992 N Semoran Blvd – Orlando, FL 32807 – (407) 898-8836 – View Map
- Justin Bauknight – State Farm Insurance Agent
2507 Curry Ford Rd – Orlando, FL 32806 – (407) 898-2041 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These agents are normally appointed by many insurers so they have the ability to put coverage through lots of different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To transfer your coverage to a different company, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to find a new agent.
If you need lower rates, you definitely need to get rate quotes from a few independent agents to have the most options to choose from. Many independent agencies also insure through smaller regional carriers who may have lower rates.
Below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Orlando that are able to give rate quotes.
- HealthMarkets Insurance Agency
5728 Major Blvd #705 – Orlando, FL 32819 – (407) 440-8665 – View Map
- Brightway Insurance
3548 S Orange Ave – Orlando, FL 32806 – (407) 816-3161 – View Map
- Orlando Insurance Agency
5764 N Orange Blossom Trail – Orlando, FL 32810 – (407) 901-2103 – View Map
If you get satisfactory answers for all questions you ask and a low price estimate, most likely you have located a car insurance agent that meets the requirements to provide auto insurance coverage. Just remember you are entitled to terminate your policy whenever you wish so don’t feel that you are obligated to the auto insurance policy for the full policy term.
Insurance agents can help
Always keep in mind that when comparing your policy for your vehicles, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Every situation is different.
For instance, these questions might help in determining if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- Should I buy full coverage?
- What is PIP insurance?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- Am I covered if I have no license?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Insureds change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including high prices, questionable increases in premium, policy cancellation or even lack of trust in their agent. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding the right auto insurance provider can be easier than you think.
Lower-priced Dodge Viper insurance in Orlando can be sourced both online and from local insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best rate selection. Some companies do not offer price quotes online and usually these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent agents.
As you quote Orlando auto insurance, you should never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many situations where an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your aim should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest cost, but do not skimp to save money.
How to buy cheaper Dodge Viper insurance in Orlando
Really, the only way to save on car insurance rates in Orlando is to compare prices at least once a year from providers who provide auto insurance in Florida. Prices can be compared by completing these steps.
Step 1: Try to learn about how companies price auto insurance and the measures you can take to prevent rate increases. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates like at-fault accidents and a negative credit rating can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details.
Step 2: Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rates to your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Give notification to your current company of your intent to cancel the current policy and submit a signed application and payment to the new insurer. As soon as you have the new policy, put the proof of insurance certificate with the vehicle registration.
The critical component of shopping around is to try to compare similar limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get rates from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This provides an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price selection.
To read more, link through to the articles below:
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota Tundra in Orlando? (FAQ)
- How Much are Orlando Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with Bad Credit? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a Dodge Grand Caravan in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)