Really, the only way to find affordable car insurance rates is to compare prices once a year from providers in Orlando. Prices can be compared by following these steps.
- First, learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the changes you can make to lower rates. Many rating factors that drive up the price like speeding tickets, careless driving and a low credit rating can be amended by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Second, obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote prices from many different companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Orlando. If you can save money and change companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
One tip to remember is to try to compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get price estimates from as many companies as you can. This helps ensure a level playing field and a complete price analysis.
It’s a known fact that car insurance companies don’t want you to compare rates. Insureds who compare price quotes are very likely to buy a new policy because there is a great chance of finding a more affordable policy. A study discovered that consumers who did price comparisons regularly saved as much as $850 each year compared to drivers who never shopped around for lower prices.
If saving money on insurance in Orlando is your ultimate goal, then having an understanding of how to get price quotes and compare coverages can make the process less intimidating.
If you’re already insured or are shopping for new coverage, you can follow these tips to get lower rates and still have adequate protection. Locating the most cost-effective auto insurance policy in Orlando is really quite simple as long as you have a good starting point. Drivers just have to use the tricks to compare company rates online.
Finding low cost auto insurance quotes can be surprisingly simple. You just have to spend a few minutes on the computer to compare rates from online providers.
It’s so fast and easy to compare rate quotes online that it makes it a waste of time to call or drive to local insurance agencies. Shopping for auto insurance online makes this process obsolete unless you have a need for the trained advice of an agent trained in personal lines coverage. If you prefer, some companies allow you to find lower rates online but buy the policy through an agent.
The car insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Orlando, FL. If you want the cheapest auto insurance in FL, we suggest you click on several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Why do I need car insurance?
Despite the potentially high cost of Lincoln Mark LT insurance, insurance is required by state law in Florida and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability protection in order to drive the car. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Mark LT has a loan, almost every bank will make it a condition of the loan that you buy insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender will be forced to insure your Lincoln for a lot more money and require you to fork over the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your car. It also can pay for many types of medical costs incurred in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of your driving. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially if you ever need it. The average driver in Florida overpays more than $800 each year so it’s important to compare rates at every policy renewal to save money.
Discounts can help lower rates on Lincoln Mark LT insurance in Orlando
Insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you might already qualify for some discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. A few discounts will automatically apply when you get a quote, but a few must be asked for before they will apply.
- Student in College – Any of your kids who live away from home to go to college and leave their car at home could qualify for this discount.
- Good Grades Discount – Excelling in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. This discount can apply up until you turn 25.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Active or former government employment may qualify for a discount when you quote Orlando car insurance but check with your company.
- Bundled Policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you could earn a discount of up to 20% and get you the cheapest Lincoln Mark LT insurance in Orlando.
- Club Memberships – Participating in certain professional organizations could earn you a nice discount on insurance.
- Switch and Save Discount – A few companies allow discounts for switching companies prior to your current Mark LT insurance policy expiration. It’s a savings of about 10%.
We need to note that some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So when the math indicates adding up those discounts means a free policy, that’s just not realistic.
A list of companies and some of their more popular discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm offers discounts including accident-free, good student, Steer Clear safe driver discount, safe vehicle, student away at school, Drive Safe & Save, and multiple policy.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts for new graduate, exclusive group savings, newly married, multi-car, multi-policy, new move discount, and new vehicle discount.
- American Family may include discounts for good driver, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, accident-free, and Steer into Savings.
- Progressive may offer discounts for good student, homeowner, continuous coverage, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and online quote discount.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including youthful driver, teen driver, multi-car, alternative fuel, mature driver, and distant student.
- Auto-Owners Insurance has savings for company car, group or association, anti-lock brakes, paperless, safe vehicle, multi-policy, and teen driver.
- SAFECO discounts include accident prevention training, bundle discounts, drive less, teen safe driver, teen safety rewards, homeowner, and multi-car.
Double check with all companies you are considering what discounts are available to you. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policies in Orlando. To choose insurance companies with discount rates in Florida, follow this link.
Compare rates but still have a local Orlando insurance agent
Some people still like to get professional advice from a licensed agent and often times that is recommended Good insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and help submit paperwork. A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is that you can find lower rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying insurance from local agents is still important in Orlando.
Once you complete this quick form, your information is emailed to participating agents in Orlando who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. You never need to visit any agencies because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. In the event you want to compare prices from one company in particular, you just need to jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Compare rates from both independent and exclusive car insurance agents
When looking for a reliable agent, it’s important to understand the types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Orlando agents are considered either exclusive or independent. Both can insure your vehicles, but it’s good to learn how they are different since it may influence the kind of agent you use.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent are not locked into one company so they can insure your vehicles with any number of different companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can just switch to a different company which makes it simple for you.
When comparison shopping, you will want to get insurance quotes from multiple independent agents in order to have the best price comparison.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Orlando that may be able to give competitive price quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only provide one company’s prices such as Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to shop your coverage around so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agencies are well schooled on their company’s products which aids in selling service over price.
Below are Orlando exclusive insurance agencies willing to provide price quotes.
Finding the right insurance agency requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- How are they compensated?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Orlando?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Florida?
You may need specialized car insurance coverage
When quoting and choosing the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no one size fits all plan. Each situation is unique.
For instance, these questions might point out if you may require specific advice.
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- When should I have rental car coverage?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- How much cheaper are high deductibles?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- Do I need special coverage while pulling a rented trailer?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
How to find a good Orlando car insurance company
Selecting a good quality car insurance company is difficult considering how many choices you have in Orlando. The company information in the next section can help you analyze which insurers you want to consider comparing price quotes from.
Top 10 Orlando Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- The General
- 21st Century
Top 10 Orlando Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Mercury Insurance – 89%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
Persistence will pay off
You just read many tips how you can save on Lincoln Mark LT insurance in Orlando. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get prices for, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may even discover the best price on car insurance is with some of the lesser-known companies.
Some insurance companies don’t offer rate quotes online and these regional carriers sell through independent agents. Affordable Lincoln Mark LT insurance in Orlando is definitely available both online as well as from independent agents in Orlando, so compare prices from both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
Drivers change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as unfair underwriting practices, lack of trust in their agent, policy non-renewal or even extreme rates for teen drivers. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new insurance company is not as difficult as it may seem.
More information can be read below:
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Who Has Affordable Orlando Auto Insurance for Low Income Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Inexperienced Drivers in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)