Astonishing but true, nearly 70% of drivers have remained with the same car insurance company for well over three years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared rate quotes at all. The average driver in Florida can save up to $1,126 each year, but they don’t want to spend time to find cheaper rates by getting comparison quotes.
Really, the only way to save money on Toyota Sequoia insurance is to start comparing prices regularly from different companies that insure vehicles in Orlando. You can shop around by following these steps.
First, take a little time to learn about how your policy works and the things you can control to prevent rate increases. Many policy risk factors that cause high rates such as speeding tickets, accidents and an unacceptable credit history can be remedied by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Keep reading for additional tips to find cheap prices and find discounts that you may qualify for.
Second, request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can quote rates for many different companies.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you can save some money, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, tell your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your existing policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to your new carrier. Once the paperwork is finalized, keep the new certificate verifying coverage along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
The key aspect of shopping around is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical coverages on each quote and and to look at as many companies as feasibly possible. This ensures a fair price comparison and a good representation of prices.
Get Cheap Insurance Costs by Understanding These Factors
Many things are part of the equation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving record, but others are more obscure such as your marital status or your financial responsibility.
The items below are a few of the things that factor into your premiums.
Do thieves like your car? – Choosing a vehicle that has an advanced theft prevention system can help lower your rates. Advanced theft deterrents such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all aid in stopping your car from being stolen.
Where you live – Choosing to live in smaller towns and rural areas of the country is a positive aspect when it comes to auto insurance. Residents of big cities have more traffic problems and more severe claims. Fewer drivers and short commutes translates into fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
Teenage drivers pay high prices – More experienced drivers tend to be more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and are generally more financially stable. Young drivers have a tendency to be inattentive and easily distracted behind the wheel and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher.
The following chart uses these variables: single driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Insurance premiums and vehicle performance – The make and model of the car you own makes a huge difference in how high your rates are. Low performance passenger vehicles receive the most favorable rates, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
The chart below is based on a married male driver age 50, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It shows Toyota Sequoia insurance rates compared to other vehicles that have different performance rating factors.
Insurance loss probability for a Toyota Sequoia – Insurers analyze past claim statistics to calculate a rate that will offset losses. Models that the statistics show to have increased claim numbers or amounts will cost more for specific coverages.
The table below illustrates the collected loss data for Toyota Sequoia vehicles. For each policy coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles, as an average, is set at 100. Values that are 100 or less suggest losses that are better than average, while values that are 100 or greater show a trend for more claims or an increased probability of a larger loss.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Toyota Sequoia 4dr 2WD||70||103||80||57|
|Toyota Sequoia 4dr 4WD||82||115||96||57||50||77|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Finding Toyota Sequoia insurance in Orlando, FL
Cutting your auto insurance rates can be relatively painless. Drivers just need to take a few minutes comparing rates online with multiple companies.
It’s so simple to compare auto insurance quotes online replaces the need to spend time driving to insurance agencies in your area. The ability to get quotes online reduces the need to sit down with an agent unless you have a complicated situation and need the trained guidance that only an agent can give. However, consumers can comparison shop your insurance online but purchase the actual policy in an agency.
The providers in the list below offer free quotes in Florida. To locate the best cheap auto insurance in FL, it’s highly recommended you get rates from several of them to get the most competitive price.
Statistics and details
The table shown next showcases detailed analysis of insurance coverage prices for Toyota Sequoia models. Being able to understand how auto insurance prices are established can help you make smart policy decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sequoia SR/5 2WD||$462||$648||$546||$32||$164||$1,852||$154|
|Sequoia SR/5 4WD||$462||$764||$546||$32||$164||$1,968||$164|
|Sequoia Limited 2WD||$514||$764||$546||$32||$164||$2,020||$168|
|Sequoia Limited 4WD||$514||$764||$546||$32||$164||$2,020||$168|
|Sequoia Platinum 2WD||$514||$880||$546||$32||$164||$2,136||$178|
|Sequoia Platinum 4WD||$514||$880||$546||$32||$164||$2,136||$178|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-policy. Information does not factor in specific Orlando garaging location which can change price quotes considerably.
The diagram below demonstrates how deductibles and can influence Toyota Sequoia insurance premiums for each different age group. The data is based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, and no other discounts are factored in.
Cautious Orlando drivers save money
The illustration below demonstrates how citations and accident claims impact Toyota Sequoia car insurance costs for different ages of insureds. The price estimates are based on a single male driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Male drivers versus female drivers
The example below shows the comparison of Toyota Sequoia insurance rates for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on no claims or driving citations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied.
Toyota Sequoia liability rates compared to full coverage
The example below illustrates the difference between Toyota Sequoia insurance costs with full coverage compared to only the Florida minimum liability coverage. The information is based on no accidents, no driving violations, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are factored in.
Should you be buying full coverage?
There is no set rule to exclude physical damage coverage, but there is a guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than 10% of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let’s assume your Toyota Sequoia replacement cost is $7,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $6,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying in excess of $600 annually for physical damage coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are some scenarios where eliminating full coverage is not a good plan. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not drop full coverage.
Why you need quality insurance for your Toyota vehicle
Even though Orlando Sequoia insurance rates can get expensive, insurance serves several important purposes.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require a specific level of liability coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Toyota Sequoia has a loan, more than likely the lender will have a requirement that you buy insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you let the policy lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Toyota for a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will pay for most medical and hospital costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay to defend you if you cause an accident and are sued. If you have damage to your Toyota as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially if you ever need it. On average, a vehicle owner in Orlando is wasting up to $825 a year so smart consumers compare quotes every year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Discounts for cheap auto insurance rates
Auto insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but there are discounts available that many consumers don’t even know exist. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time of quoting, but some may not be applied and must be specifically requested before you get the savings. If they aren’t giving you every credit you qualify for, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- New Car Discount – Insuring a new Sequoia can be considerably cheaper due to better safety requirements for newer models.
- Responsible Drivers – Safe drivers can pay as much as 50% less compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Payment Discounts – If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to fasten their seat belts can save up to 15% off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Sign Early and Save – Some auto insurance companies reward drivers for switching companies before your current Sequoia insurance policy expires. It can save you around 10%.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems have fewer accidents and will save you 10% or more on Sequoia insurance in Orlando.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Factory air bags can get savings of 20% or more.
- Good Students Pay Less – Performing well in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students well after school through age 25.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So even though it sounds like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you’re out of luck.
The illustration below shows the comparison of Toyota Sequoia car insurance rates with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The premium estimates are based on a female driver, no accidents or driving violations, Florida state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, claim-free, homeowner, marriage, multi-policy, and safe-driver discounts applied.
To find providers that offer multiple discounts in Florida, follow this link.
Can’t I compare rates from local Orlando insurance agents?
Some consumers would prefer to go talk to an agent and we recommend doing that Licensed agents can point out coverage gaps and will help you if you have claims. A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get cheap rate quotes and still have a local agent.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), the quote information is emailed to participating agents in Orlando who will return price quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to do any legwork as quotes are delivered to you. If you have a need to get a rate quote for a specific company, you would need to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Finding a good provider requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. You should also get answers to these questions.
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Is there a local claims center in Orlando?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Orlando?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
Shown below is a list of insurance companies in Orlando who can help you get price quotes for Toyota Sequoia insurance in Orlando.
Jim Daniels – State Farm Insurance Agent
4759 S Conway Rd – Orlando, FL 32812 – (407) 855-6791 – View Map
Smart consumers save more
While you’re price shopping online, it’s not a good idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many cases where drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage and found out when filing a claim they didn’t have enough coverage. Your objective should be to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate, but do not skimp to save money.
We just showed you quite a bit of information on how to find affordable Toyota Sequoia insurance in Orlando. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the better likelihood of getting low cost Orlando auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest prices are with a small mutual company. Smaller companies may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Good Drivers in Orlando? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Good Credit in Orlando? (FAQ)
- How Much are Orlando Car Insurance Quotes for a School Permit? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Honda CR-V in Orlando? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Chevrolet Silverado in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)