The preferred way to find affordable auto insurance rates is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from providers in Orlando.
- Step 1: Gain an understanding of policy coverages and the measures you can control to keep rates down. Many things that drive up the price like getting speeding tickets and a bad credit score can be improved by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Continue reading for additional tips to lower rates and get bigger discounts.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers. View companies
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates and see if you can save money. If you can save some money, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
An important bit of advice to remember is to try to compare the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to analyze as many different companies as possible. Doing this enables a level playing field and a better comparison of the market.
Smart shoppers know that auto insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. Insureds who get price comparisons are very likely to switch companies because the odds are good of finding a cheaper policy. A recent survey found that people who shopped around every year saved on average $3,450 over four years compared to drivers who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding the best rates on insurance in Orlando is the reason you’re here, then having a grasp of the best way to compare coverage rates can help simplify the process.
Getting more affordable Chevy Spark auto insurance pricing can be quick and easy. The only thing you need to do is take the time to compare rate quotes from different insurance companies.
The following companies offer quotes in Orlando, FL. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Three reasons to insure your vehicle
Even though it can be expensive, maintaining insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Chevy, it’s guaranteed your bank will make it mandatory that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank will be required to insure your Chevy at a much higher rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects your Chevy Spark and your assets. It will also reimburse you for many types of medical costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly if you ever have a claim. The average driver in Florida overpays more than $700 annually so shop around every year to save money.
Car insurance discounts help lower rates for Chevy Spark insurance in Orlando
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you might already qualify for some discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you complete an application, but some may not be applied and must be inquired about before they will apply. If you do not double check each discount available, you are paying more than you should be.
- Government Employees – Active or former government employment can earn a discount up to 10% with certain companies.
- Waiver for an Accident – This one is not really a discount per se, but a few companies such as Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm permit an accident without getting socked with a rate hike as long as you don’t have any claims before the accident.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices help deter theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you have multiple policies with one insurance company you could earn a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find affordable Chevrolet Spark insurance rates in Orlando.
- Defensive Driver – Successfully completing a course teaching safe driver skills could earn you a small percentage discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- New Vehicle Savings – Putting car insurance coverage on a new Spark can cost up to 25% less since newer models have better safety ratings.
Drivers should understand that some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So even though it sounds like you can get free auto insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The best car insurance companies and the discounts they provide include:
- State Farm includes discounts for good driver, student away at school, Steer Clear safe driver discount, anti-theft, and multiple policy.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including air bags, multi-vehicle, driver training, good student, five-year accident-free, membership and employees, and seat belt use.
- Progressive may offer discounts for multi-policy, homeowner, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online signing, good student, and online quote discount.
- 21st Century may have discounts that include anti-lock brakes, 55 and older, good student, defensive driver, air bags, and early bird.
- American Family discounts include air bags, early bird, good student, accident-free, and multi-vehicle.
- The Hartford has discounts for air bag, anti-theft, defensive driver, vehicle fuel type, and good student.
- AAA may include discounts for multi-car, multi-policy, education and occupation, pay-in-full, and anti-theft.
If you need lower rates, check with each insurance company to apply every possible discount. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be available to policyholders in your area. If you would like to view car insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Orlando, click this link.
Local agents and auto insurance
Some people just want to visit with an insurance agent and that can be a great decision Professional insurance agents will help you protect your assets and help submit paperwork. The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get better rates and also buy local. Buying from neighborhood agents is still important in Orlando.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), the quote information is emailed to local insurance agents that give free quotes for your business. There is no reason to contact any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent directly to you. If you want to compare rates from a specific company, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you want to buy auto insurance from local Orlando agents, there are two different agency structures and how they are slightly different. Agents in Orlando can either be independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both types of agents can insure your vehicles, but it’s good to learn the differences because it can impact your agent selection.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies can sell policies from many different companies so they can write business through lots of different companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If premiums increase, an independent agent can move your coverage which is easy for the insured.
When comparing rates, you need to contact at a minimum one independent agency to get the most accurate price comparison. Many can place coverage with different regional companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Below is a partial list of independent agencies in Orlando that may be able to give you free price quotes.
- GreatFlorida Insurance – Don Greene
1300 N Semoran Blvd Suite 180 – Orlando, FL 32807 – (407) 894-6363 – View Map
- Gingerbread Insurance Agency
8000 S Orange Ave #201 – Orlando, FL 32809 – (407) 309-9949 – View Map
- Caple Howden Insurance Agency
10222 E Colonial Dr – Orlando, FL 32817 – (407) 657-8808 – View Map
Exclusive insurance agents can only quote rates from one company such as American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to give you multiple price quotes so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agencies receive a lot of sales training in insurance sales which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers sometimes buy from the same agent for years primarily because of the prominence of the brand instead of buying on price only.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Orlando that are able to give price quote information.
- Terri Marshall – State Farm Insurance Agent
5555 E Michigan St #104 – Orlando, FL 32822 – (407) 380-5689 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Polette Hernandez Gardner
2606 E Robinson St – Orlando, FL 32803 – (407) 380-0083 – View Map
- Jim Daniels – State Farm Insurance Agent
4759 S Conway Rd – Orlando, FL 32812 – (407) 855-6791 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agency requires you to look at more than just a cheap price. Any good agent in Orlando should know the answers to these questions.
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Orlando?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Florida?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Is coverage determined by price?
Once you have received good feedback to any questions you may have as well as an affordable premium quote, you may have just found an insurance agent that is a good match to provide auto insurance coverage.
Do I need special coverages?
Always keep in mind that when comparing coverage online or from an agent for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. You are unique.
These are some specific questions might help in determining if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- What if an uninsured driver hits me?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in Florida?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
If you can’t answer these questions, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
Auto insurance coverages and their meanings
Understanding the coverages of a auto insurance policy can help you determine the best coverages for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Comprehensive insurance – Comprehensive insurance covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like rock chips in glass, vandalism, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and a broken windshield. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) – This protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Chevy Spark.
Since many Florida drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (10/20/10), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Normally your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are set the same as your liability limits.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP) – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for short-term medical expenses such as pain medications, dental work, rehabilitation expenses, funeral costs and EMT expenses. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Collision coverage – This will pay to fix damage to your Spark caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against claims like rolling your car, backing into a parked car, hitting a parking meter, crashing into a building and driving through your garage door. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible on your Spark to save money on collision insurance.
Auto liability – Liability coverage provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to other people or property that is your fault. This coverage protects you against other people’s claims, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see limits of 10/20/10 that means you have a $10,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $20,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $10,000. Another option is a combined limit that pays claims from the same limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability insurance covers claims like repair costs for stationary objects, loss of income, attorney fees, court costs and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but buy as large an amount as possible. Florida requires minimum liability limits of 10/20/10 but drivers should carry higher limits.
The chart below shows why minimum state limits may not be enough.
Cheap coverage is out there
When searching for affordable Orlando auto insurance quotes, make sure you don’t buy less coverage just to save a little money. In too many instances, an insured cut collision coverage to discover at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your focus should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the lowest possible cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
You just read quite a bit of information on how to reduce Chevy Spark insurance rates online in Orlando. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Orlando auto insurance, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the most savings is with an unexpected company.
People switch companies for a number of reasons such as an unsatisfactory settlement offer, policy cancellation, policy non-renewal and even delays in paying claims. Whatever your reason, finding a new insurance company is easier than you think.
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much are Orlando Car Insurance Rates for Welfare Recipients? (FAQ)
- How Much are Orlando Auto Insurance Rates for Homeowners? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Orlando Auto Insurance Rates for Infrequent Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Orlando Auto Insurance for Teachers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Orlando Auto Insurance for Retired Military? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Handicapped Drivers in Orlando? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Uber Drivers in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)