Inconceivable but true, a large majority of drivers kept buying from the same company for more than four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared insurance rates at all. Consumers in the U.S. could cut their rates by almost $850 a year just by shopping around, but they just don’t understand how easy it is to find affordable rates by getting comparison quotes.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to save money on Chrysler 200 insurance in Orlando is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from providers who sell auto insurance in Florida. Rates can be compared by following these steps.
- Take a few minutes and learn about individual coverages and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that cause rate increases such as traffic citations, accidents, and a low credit rating can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the price quotes to your existing coverage and determine if there is any savings. If you can save money and decide to switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
An essential thing to point out is to try to compare identical limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get prices from as many carriers as you can. Doing this provides a fair rate comparison and a thorough price selection.
If you already have coverage or need a new policy, you can use this information to get lower rates without sacrificing coverage. Locating the best rates in Orlando seems hard but is not really that difficult. You only need to know the quickest way to buy insurance from many different companies.
Which Chrysler 200 insurance is cheapest in Orlando, Florida?
Reducing your insurance rates is a fairly straight forward process. The only requirement is to invest a little time to compare rate quotes from some recommended companies.
Doing online price quotes comparisons is so easy that it makes it obsolete to drive to insurance agents’ offices. Comparing online rate quotes has reduced the need for local agents unless you want the peace of mind that you can only get from talking to an agent. You can, however, price shop online but buy from a local insurance agent.
The providers in the list below provide price quotes in Florida. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Insuring your 200 just makes sense
Despite the high insurance cost for a Chrysler 200 in Orlando, car insurance is required in Florida but also provides important benefits.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability insurance coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your 200 has a lienholder, most banks will force you to buy full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you default on your policy, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Chrysler for a lot more money and require you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance protects your Chrysler and your assets. It will also pay for all forms of medical expenses incurred in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. Today the average American driver is overpaying more than $865 each year so we recommend shopping around once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Cheaper rates on Chrysler 200 insurance in Orlando with these car insurance discounts
Some companies do not advertise all available discounts very well, so the following list contains some of the best known and the harder-to-find ways to save on car insurance.
- Multiple Cars – Drivers who insure multiple cars or trucks with one company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle up can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the personal injury premium cost.
- Home Ownership Discount – Simply owning a home can save you money because it shows financial diligence.
- Paperwork-free – Certain insurance companies will give you a small discount for completing your application on your computer.
- Distant Student Discount – Youth drivers who live away from home to go to college and do not have access to a covered vehicle could get you a discount.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to participate in a local driver’s education class in high school.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Insureds without accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Orlando car insurance quote compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Active Military Service – Being deployed in the military may lower your prices slightly.
Don’t be surprised that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Even though the math looks like you can get free auto insurance, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. Any amount of discount should help lower your overall premium however.
Popular car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts can be found below.
- State Farm may include discounts for multiple autos, driver’s education, safe vehicle, passive restraint, multiple policy, good student, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include homeowner, electronic funds transfer, early shopping, bundle discounts, switch companies, and good student.
- GEICO includes discounts for military active duty, multi-vehicle, daytime running lights, emergency military deployment, and air bags.
- American Family may offer discounts for multi-vehicle, mySafetyValet, accident-free, good driver, and defensive driver.
- Nationwide has savings for multi-policy, family plan, accident-free, defensive driving, and anti-theft.
- Progressive offers discounts including multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, online quote discount, online signing, homeowner, and good student.
If you want low cost Orlando car insurance quotes, ask every prospective company which discounts they offer. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not apply everywhere. To find companies who offer online Chrysler 200 insurance quotes in Orlando, click here.
Will just any policy work for me?
When it comes to buying a policy for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a “perfect” insurance plan. You are unique so this has to be addressed.
For instance, these questions may help highlight whether or not you could use an agent’s help.
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- Is my Chrysler 200 covered if I use it for business?
- Should I buy only the required Florida minimum liability coverage?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in Florida?
- What is PIP insurance?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.