We don’t have to tell you that insurance companies don’t want you quoting rates from other companies. Consumers who compare rates at least once a year are inclined to buy a new policy because the odds are good of finding a lower-priced company. A recent study showed that consumers who shopped around every year saved on average $3,400 over four years compared to policyholders who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding discount rates on auto insurance in Orlando is your objective, then having some insight into how to shop and compare car insurance can make shopping around easier.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get low-cost Acura ZDX insurance in Orlando is to compare prices regularly from companies who sell auto insurance in Florida.
- First, try to learn about how insurance works and the modifications you can make to prevent rate increases. Many things that result in higher prices such as tickets, at-fault accidents, and poor credit rating can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Second, compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can quote rates for a wide range of companies.
- Third, compare the quotes to your existing rates to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find better rates and change companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
A good tip to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote request and to quote with every insurance company. Doing this provides a fair price comparison and a good representation of prices.
When comparison shopping, comparing all the rates in your area provides better odds of finding a better price.
The car insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide quotes in Orlando, FL. To locate the best auto insurance in Florida, it’s a good idea that you get rates from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Acura ZDX insurance in Orlando
Car insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that can help lower your rates. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you purchase, but once in a while a discount must be manually applied prior to getting the savings.
- Theft Deterrent – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are stolen less frequently and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Paper-free Discount – A few larger online companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for signing up over the internet.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Drivers who insure multiple vehicles with the same car insurance company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Clubs and Organizations – Joining a civic or occupational organization in Orlando is a simple method to lower premiums on your policy.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you can bundle your auto and homeowners insurance with the same company you may save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
It’s important to note that most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, it’s just not the way it works.
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Acura ZDX car insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The data is based on a male driver, no claims or violations, Florida state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, and marriage discounts applied.
Larger car insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are shown below.
- Esurance may include discounts for multi-policy, claim free, online quote, good student, emergency road assistance, and paid-in-full.
- The Hartford may have discounts that include driver training, bundle, vehicle fuel type, good student, anti-theft, defensive driver, and air bag.
- AAA includes discounts for multi-policy, anti-theft, pay-in-full, multi-car, and good driver.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for membership and employees, multi-vehicle, air bags, anti-theft, and multi-policy.
- State Farm may offer discounts for Drive Safe & Save, safe vehicle, anti-theft, driver’s education, multiple autos, defensive driving training, and good driver.
When comparing rates, check with all the companies to apply every possible discount. Some credits may not apply to policies in your state. To see insurance companies that offer discounts in Orlando, follow this link.
Statistics and details
The data table shown below showcases a range of rate quotes for Acura ZDX models. Learning as much as possible about how rates are calculated helps drivers make decisions on the best policy coverages.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|ZDX Technology Package AWD||$384||$722||$438||$26||$132||$1,702||$142|
|ZDX Advance Package AWD||$384||$816||$438||$26||$132||$1,796||$150|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Price information does not factor in zip code location which can change rates substantially.
Safe drivers pay cheaper rates
The example below demonstrates how traffic citations and fender-benders can increase Acura ZDX insurance prices for different categories of driver ages. The premiums assume a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Full coverage versus liability-only in Orlando
The information below compares Acura ZDX yearly insurance costs when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The premiums are based on a clean driving record, no claims, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are factored in.
When to drop comprehensive and collision
There is no written rule that works best for making the decision to drop comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of coverage is more than about 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let’s assume your Acura ZDX replacement cost is $7,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company would pay you is $6,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are paying in excess of $600 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some cases where dropping physical damage coverage is not a good idea. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Buy Acura ZDX Insurance Cheaper
Many things are part of the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Most are fairly basic such as traffic violations, but other criteria are not as apparent such as your marital status and annual miles driven.
Listed below are some of the most common factors that factor into rates.
- If you don’t need it don’t buy it – Policies have extra coverages that you can buy but may not be useful. Coverages like vanishing deductibles, towing coverage, and membership fees are some examples. These coverages may sound good when you first buy your policy, but your needs may have changed so remove them from your policy.
- Single drivers may have higher rates – Having a spouse actually saves money when buying insurance. Marriage generally demonstrates drivers are more financially stable and statistics prove married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Don’t abuse insurance claims – If you file claims often, you can look forward to much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Auto insurance companies in Florida provide lower rates to insureds who are not frequent claim filers. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
Men drivers tend to cost more – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, don’t assume that women are better drivers. Females and males tend to get into accidents at about the same rate, but the men tend to have more serious accidents. Men also statistically have more aggressive citations like driving under the influence (DUI).
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Acura ZDX insurance prices for male and female drivers. The prices are based on no claims or violations, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
- High credit rating translates to low prices – Credit score will be a significant factor in determining what you pay for insurance. Therefore, if your credit score leaves room for improvement, you may save money insuring your Acura ZDX if you clean up your credit. People with excellent credit scores tend to be more responsible than drivers who have lower ratings.
- Allowing your coverage to lapse raises rates – Driving with no insurance is not a good idea and you will pay a penalty because you let your insurance expire. And not only will insurance be more expensive, being ticketed for driving with no insurance could result in a license revocation or jail time. You may have to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Florida motor vehicle department.
- Your liability insurance limits – The liability coverage on your policy will protect you if you are responsible for an accident. It provides legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to other policy coverages, so buy as much as you can afford.