The best way we recommend to find cheaper auto insurance rates in Orlando is to do an annual price comparison from insurance carriers in Florida.
- Try to learn about how companies price auto insurance and the things you can change to keep rates down. Many risk factors that cause high rates like accidents, traffic tickets, and a low credit score can be rectified by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. This article provides instructions to help keep prices low and earn a bigger discount.
- Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from multiple sources. Get quotes now
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you can save some money and buy the policy, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Provide proper notification to your current company to cancel your current policy and submit payment and a signed application to your new carrier. Immediately upon receiving it, keep your new proof of insurance paperwork with your registration paperwork.
One bit of advice is to try to use identical coverage information on every quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this provides an accurate price comparison and many rates to choose from.
It’s a known fact that auto insurance companies don’t want you to look for cheaper rates. Consumers who get price comparisons will presumably switch to a new company because the odds are good of finding more affordable rates. A recent survey found that consumers who compared rate quotes regularly saved as much as $70 a month compared to drivers who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding budget-friendly insurance in Orlando is the reason you’re here, then having an understanding of how to get rate quotes and compare insurance can help you succeed in finding affordable rates.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide quotes in Orlando, FL. If you wish to find the best cheap auto insurance in Florida, we suggest you get prices from several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Choosing the best vehicle insurance in Florida is an important decision
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Audi A7 in Orlando, paying for insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability protection if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Audi with a loan, most banks will force you to have physical damage coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Audi at a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Insurance preserves not only your car but also your assets. It will also reimburse you for most medical and hospital costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees in the event you are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. According to a recent study, the average American driver overpays as much as $830 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Informed Drivers Know How to Buy Car Insurance for Less
It’s important that you understand some of the elements that help determine car insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay, this helps enable you to make changes that could help you find much lower annual insurance costs.
Premiums are high for teenagers – Inexperience drivers are statistically proven to be easily distracted behind the wheel so they pay higher car insurance rates. Older, more experienced drivers are more cautious drivers, tend to cause fewer accidents, and are safer drivers.
Too many claims will drive rates up – If you are a frequent claim filer, you can expect increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Auto insurance companies in Florida provide the best rates to people who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Your insurance policy is designed for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
Put fewer miles on your vehicle – The more miles you rack up on your Audi in a year’s time the more you will pay for car insurance. The majority of insurers apply a rate based upon how much you drive. Cars used primarily for pleasure use qualify for better rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. A policy that improperly rates your A7 may be wasting your money. It’s always a good idea to double check that your car insurance coverage shows how each vehicle is driven.
Only buy what you need – Insurance policies have a lot of additional extra coverages that you can get tricked into buying if you aren’t careful. Insurance for things like rental car coverage, better glass coverage, and extra equipment coverage may be wasting your money. The coverages may be enticing initially, but your needs may have changed so consider taking them off your policy.
Do thieves like your car? – Buying a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Systems that thwart thieves such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system can help prevent auto theft.
Insurance loss probability for an Audi A7 – Insurers analyze past claim statistics to determine a rate that will be profitable for them. Vehicles that have a higher amount or frequency of claims will cost more to insure.
The information below illustrates the actual insurance loss data for Audi A7 vehicles. For each coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is considered to be 100. Values below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while percentages above 100 indicate more frequent losses or an increased probability of a larger loss.
|Specific Audi Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Audi A7 4dr 4WD||207||76||208||50||49||76|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Orlando car insurance discounts
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but there are discounts available that you may not know about. A few discounts will be applied when you purchase, but occasionally some discounts must be asked for in order for you to get them.
- Drivers Education – Teen drivers should successfully complete driver’s ed class in high school.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company you could save over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Factory options such as air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts up to 30%.
- College Student – Older children who live away from home at college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying a policy with several vehicles with the same car insurance company qualifies for this discount.
- Accident Free – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims pay much less when compared with drivers who are more careless.
It’s important to understand that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Despite the fact that it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it just doesn’t work that way.
For a list of insurers who offer discounts in Florida, click here to view.
When should I talk to an insurance agent?
A small number of people just prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and we recommend doing that Insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and will help you if you have claims. The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get the lowest rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying insurance from local agents is important especially in Orlando.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), the quote information is submitted to local insurance agents in Orlando that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to find an agent since price quotes are sent immediately to you. If you have a need to quote rates from one company in particular, just navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Different types of Orlando car insurance agents
If you would like to find a local Orlando insurance agency, it’s important to understand the different types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Agencies in Orlando may be either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both sell insurance policies, but we need to point out the difference between them since it can impact your selection of an agent.
Independent Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent are not employed by any specific company so they have the ability to put coverage with multiple insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If premiums increase, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to switch agencies.
If you need lower rates, you need to include rate quotes from independent agents for the best price selection.
Featured below are Orlando independent insurance agents who may provide comparison quotes.
National Insurance Agencies
1005 N Pine Hills Rd – Orlando, FL 32808 – (407) 480-5521 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only provide one company’s prices like Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. They generally cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive insurance agents are usually well trained on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage.
The following are exclusive insurance agents in Orlando willing to provide rate quotes.
Finding the right auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Does their agency support local causes in Orlando?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
After talking to the agent and getting positive feedback and a good coverage price, it’s a good possibility that you have found an insurance agent that is professional and can adequately provide insurance. Just keep in mind you are entitled to terminate your policy at any point so don’t think that you are obligated to the insurance policy for the full term.
How to find a good Orlando car insurance company
Finding the top insurance provider is hard considering how many different companies insure vehicles in Orlando. The ranking information in the lists below could help you analyze which providers to look at comparing rates with.
Top 10 Orlando Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
One last thing to lower rates
As you restructure your insurance plan, don’t be tempted to reduce needed coverages to save money. There are too many instances where consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your focus should be to find the BEST coverage at the best cost while still protecting your assets.
Discount Audi A7 insurance in Orlando is definitely available both online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to price shop both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers may not provide internet price quotes and most of the time these small, regional companies only sell through local independent agents.
Additional detailed information is located in these articles:
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Corolla in Orlando? (FAQ)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)