Anyone knows that car insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. People who shop around once a year will presumably buy a different policy because there is a good probability of finding a cheaper policy. A recent survey revealed that people who regularly compared price quotes saved about $850 each year compared to drivers who never compared rates.
If finding the cheapest price for GMC Sierra 2500HD insurance in Orlando is the reason you’re here, then understanding how to find companies and compare car insurance can make it easier to find better rates.
The recommended way to get more affordable GMC Sierra 2500HD insurance is to do an annual price comparison from companies who provide auto insurance in Orlando.
Step 1: Gain an understanding of how your policy works and the measures you can take to keep rates in check. Many risk factors that drive up the price such as speeding tickets, accidents and a poor credit rating can be amended by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Step 2: Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a better price and change companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
Step 4: Provide notification to your current agent or company of your intention to cancel the current policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application for your new policy. Be sure to place your new certificate verifying proof of insurance above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
The key aspect of shopping around is that you’ll want to compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote and and to look at all possible companies. This helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
If you have car insurance now, you will most likely be able to get lower rates using the ideas covered in this article. These tips will teach you the best way to buy inexpensive car insurance and how you can save the most money. Nevertheless, Florida drivers do need to know how big insurance companies price insurance differently because rates are impacted by many factors.
The best way to compare rates for GMC Sierra 2500HD insurance in Orlando is to know the fact almost all companies actually pay money for the chance to give free rates quotes. To get started, all you need to do is provide a small amount of information like if your license is active, driver details, any included safety features, and if the vehicle is leased. Those rating factors is instantly submitted to multiple auto insurance providers and they provide comparison quotes immediately.
To compare lower-cost GMC Sierra 2500HD insurance rates now, click here and find out if lower rates are available in Orlando.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Orlando, FL. If your goal is to find cheap auto insurance in Florida, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to find the cheapest rates.
GMC Sierra 2500HD insurance discounts in Orlando
Auto insurance can be pricey, but there could be available discounts to cut the cost considerably. Certain reductions will be credited when you complete an application, but some need to be specifically requested prior to receiving the credit.
- Buy New and Save – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can be considerably cheaper because new model year vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Early Signing – A few larger companies allow discounts for renewing your policy before your current expiration date. It can save you around 10%.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than spreading payments over time you could save 5% or more.
- Driver Education Discount – Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully complete driver’s ed class as it can save substantially.
- Federal Employees – Simply working for the federal government could cut as much as 10% off with a few auto insurance companies.
- Professional Memberships – Joining certain professional organizations could qualify you for a break on your next renewal.
- No Claims – Claim-free drivers have much lower rates in comparison to drivers who are more careless.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Forcing all vehicle occupants to use a seat belt can save a little off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more than drivers with accidents.
Policy discounts save money, but some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. Most cut specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. If you do the math and it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way.
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of GMC Sierra 2500HD car insurance rates with and without some available policy discounts. The prices are based on a male driver, no violations or claims, Florida state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, marriage, multi-car, claim-free, multi-policy, and homeowner discounts applied.
Companies that have these money-saving discounts include:
When getting free Orlando auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to each company which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not apply in Orlando. To see companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Orlando, follow this link.
Analysis of coverages
The premium information shown next covers estimates of insurance rates for GMC Sierra 2500HD models. Having a better idea how policy premiums are determined is important to be able to make informed decisions when comparing rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sierra 2500HD SLE Regular Cab 4WD||$368||$702||$430||$26||$128||$1,654||$138|
|Sierra 2500HD SLE Regular Cab 2WD||$368||$702||$486||$28||$146||$1,730||$144|
|Sierra 2500HD SLE Crew Cab 4WD||$368||$702||$430||$26||$128||$1,654||$138|
|Sierra 2500HD SLE Extended Cab 4WD||$368||$702||$430||$26||$128||$1,654||$138|
|Sierra 2500HD SLE Crew Cab 2WD||$368||$810||$486||$28||$146||$1,838||$153|
|Sierra 2500HD SLE Extended Cab 2WD||$368||$810||$486||$28||$146||$1,838||$153|
|Sierra 2500HD SLT Crew Cab 4WD||$368||$810||$430||$26||$128||$1,762||$147|
|Sierra 2500HD SLT Extended Cab 4WD||$368||$810||$430||$26||$128||$1,762||$147|
|Sierra 2500HD SLT Extended Cab 2WD||$368||$810||$486||$28||$146||$1,838||$153|
|Sierra 2500HD SLT Crew Cab 2WD||$410||$810||$486||$28||$146||$1,880||$157|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and multi-policy. Price estimates do not factor in specific Orlando garaging location which can revise prices greatly.
How accidents and violations affect rates in Orlando
The example below illustrates how traffic citations and fender-benders can increase GMC Sierra 2500HD insurance rates for different categories of driver ages. The premiums assume a married female driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Full coverage versus liability-only in Orlando
The example below shows the difference between GMC Sierra 2500HD insurance premiums when comparing full coverage to liability only. The premium estimates are based on a clean driving record, no claims, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied.
When to stop buying full coverage
There isn’t a steadfast formula for phasing out full coverage on your policy, but there is a general school of thought. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than about 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let’s say your GMC Sierra 2500HD replacement cost is $8,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, you would only receive $7,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying more than $700 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are a few cases where dropping physical damage coverage is not a good idea. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Good Decisions Result in Lower Insurance Prices
The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at the rating factors that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. When you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that could result in lower rates.
- Incidental coverages that aren’t used – Insurance companies have many add-on coverages that can waste your money but may not be useful. Insurance for things like replacement cost coverage, accidental death, and additional equipment coverage could be just wasting money. They may seem good at first, but your needs may have changed so eliminate them to save money.
Male rates may be higher – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. This data doesn’t prove that men are worse drivers. Both sexes are in at-fault accidents at a similar rate, but the males cause more damage. Men also statistically receive more major tickets like reckless driving and DUI.
The example below shows the comparison of GMC Sierra 2500HD car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The rates are based on no claims or driving citations, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no policy discounts are applied.
- Annual miles is a factor – The higher the miles on your GMC in a year’s time the higher your rates will be. Many insurance companies price each vehicle’s coverage based upon how much you drive. Autos not used for work or commuting can get a lower rate compared to those used for work or business. It’s a good idea to make sure your auto insurance policy correctly shows annual mileage, because improper ratings can cost you money. Having the wrong rating on your Sierra 2500HD may be costing you higher rates.
- High physical damage deductibles reduce costs – Insurance for physical damage, also called ‘full coverage’, covers damage that occurs to your GMC. Some instances where coverage would apply are a dented fender, damage from fire, and burglary. Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles define how much the insured will be required to pay if a covered claim is submitted. The larger the amount you’re willing to pay, the less your auto insurance will be.
Local Orlando insurance agencies
Certain consumers still like to get advice from a local agent and that is OK! The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is you may find cheap car insurance rates but also keep your business local.
Once you complete this short form, your insurance data is transmitted to participating agents in Orlando that can give you free Orlando auto insurance quotes to get your business. You won’t need to drive around since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. You’ll get the best rates without a big time investment. If you have a need to compare prices from a particular provider, you can always find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right insurance company should depend on more than just a cheap quote. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- If they are an independent agency in Orlando, which companies do they recommend?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- How long has the business existed?
If you would like to find a local Orlando insurance agency, it’s important to understand the different types of agencies and how they work. Agents are considered either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents generally can only insure with one company and examples are State Farm, Allstate and AAA. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on the products they sell which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some insured continue to buy insurance from these agents partially due to loyalty to the company rather than low price.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Orlando that can give you price quote information.
- Jim Daniels – State Farm Insurance Agent
4759 S Conway Rd – Orlando, FL 32812 – (407) 855-6791 – View Map
- Michael Moore – State Farm Insurance Agent
9161 Narcoossee Rd Ste 207 – Orlando, FL 32827 – (407) 208-9930 – View Map
- Bruce Baltich – State Farm Insurance Agent
198 S Semoran Blvd – Orlando, FL 32807 – (407) 273-9170 – View Map
These agents are not limited to a single company and that gives them the ability to insure with an assortment of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If premiums increase, they can switch companies in-house and you don’t have to find a new agent.
If you are comparing car insurance prices, we recommend you get rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies to get the most accurate price comparison. Most also write with different regional companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
The following are Orlando independent agents willing to provide price quote information.
- Orlando Insurance Agency
5764 N Orange Blossom Trail – Orlando, FL 32810 – (407) 901-2103 – View Map
- WEGO Insurance Agency, Inc
520 N Semoran Blvd #270 – Orlando, FL 32807 – (407) 476-7972 – View Map
- Talmadge Commercial Insurance Agency
111 W Jefferson St – Orlando, FL 32801 – (407) 701-6321 – View Map
Insurance agents can help
When buying your policy, there really isn’t a “best” method to buy coverage. You are unique.
For example, these questions may help you determine whether you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Does my policy cover me if I wreck while driving under the influence?
- Will my GMC Sierra 2500HD be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- What if I total my GMC Sierra 2500HD and owe more than it’s worth?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
If you can’t answer these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Ratings for Orlando car insurance companies
Insuring your vehicle with the highest-rated auto insurance provider can be rather challenging considering how many companies sell insurance in Orlando. The company rank data in the next section may help you select which car insurance companies you want to consider shopping your coverage with.
Top 10 Orlando Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
Top 10 Orlando Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
Be persistent and save
Budget-conscious GMC Sierra 2500HD insurance can be purchased from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare rates from both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies don’t offer rates over the internet and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through local independent agents.
As you restructure your insurance plan, make sure you don’t buy poor coverage just to save money. In many cases, consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage only to find out that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The ultimate goal is to get the best coverage possible at the lowest possible cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Drivers change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as policy non-renewal, extreme rates for teen drivers, delays in responding to claim requests and an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Whatever your reason, finding a new auto insurance company is easier than you think.
To read more, link through to these articles:
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Dodge Ram in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Low Mileage Drivers in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)