Jeep Compass insurance image courtesy of QuoteInspector.com
Locating the cheapest insurance for a Jeep Compass in Florida can be a painful process, but you can use a few tricks to make it easier.
There is a better way to compare auto insurance rates so you're going to learn the quickest way to price shop coverage for a new or used Jeep and get the cheapest rates from Orlando insurance agents and online providers.
It's an obvious conclusion that insurance companies don't want you to look at other companies. Insureds who perform rate comparisons will probably switch to a new company because there is a high probability of finding a policy with better rates. A recent survey discovered that people who made a habit of comparing rates saved on average $3,450 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped around for better prices.
If saving the most money on insurance in Orlando is your ultimate target, knowing how to get rate quotes and compare insurance rates can make it easier for you to save money.
It's a great practice to compare rates as often as possible because prices trend upward over time. Even if you got the lowest rate on Jeep Compass insurance in Orlando two years ago the chances are good that you can find a lower premium rate today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because I'm going to let you in on the secrets to the easiest way to save money, get proper deductibles and limits, all at the lowest rate.
The car insurance companies shown below offer price comparisons in Florida. To get cheap auto insurance in Orlando, FL, it's a good idea that you compare several of them to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Coverage statistics and figures
The premium table displayed below highlights different insurance premium costs for Jeep Compass models. Having a better understanding of how premiums are figured can be useful when making informed decisions when comparing rate quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Compass Sport 2WD||$196||$352||$438||$26||$132||$1,144||$95|
|Compass Sport 4WD||$226||$430||$438||$26||$132||$1,252||$104|
|Compass Limited 2WD||$226||$430||$438||$26||$132||$1,252||$104|
|Compass Limited 4WD||$226||$430||$438||$26||$132||$1,252||$104|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, and safe-driver. Price estimates do not factor in vehicle location which can influence coverage prices substantially.
Why you need insurance for your Jeep vehicle
Despite the high insurance cost for a Jeep Compass in Orlando, maintaining insurance is required for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability protection in order to drive the car legally. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Jeep has a lienholder, most banks will force you to have full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may insure your Jeep for a much higher rate and make you pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your Jeep and your assets. It will also pay for all forms of medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit in the event you are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your insurance policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially for larger claims. Unknowingly, the average driver overpays more than $855 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
Do you qualify for these five discounts?
Companies that sell car insurance don't necessarily list every possible discount in an easy-to-find place, so the next list breaks down a few of the more common and also the lesser-known discounts that you may qualify for.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Not all companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a discount if you purchase life insurance.
- Early Signing - Select insurance companies give a discount for signing up before your current coverage expires. It could save around 10% when you buy Orlando car insurance online.
- E-sign - Some of the larger companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for completing your application digitally online.
- Distant College Student Discount - Older children who are attending college and do not have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Memberships - Belonging to qualifying clubs or civic groups is a simple method to lower premiums on insurance.
A little note about advertised discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it just doesn't work that way.
The example below shows the comparison of Jeep Compass insurance premiums with and without discounts applied to the rates. Data assumes a female driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, Florida state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, marriage, homeowner, and multi-car discounts applied.
If you would like to choose from a list of insurers that offer many of these discounts in Florida, follow this link.
Are auto insurance agents obsolete?
Some consumers prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and doing that can be a smart decision Insurance agents can help you build your policy and help in the event of a claim. A nice benefit of comparing rates online is that you can obtain the lowest rates and still have a local agent. Buying from and supporting neighborhood agents is still important in Orlando.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your coverage information is submitted to agents in your area who will give you quotes to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to search for an agent due to the fact that quote results will go straight to your inbox. In the event you want to compare prices for a specific company, just visit that company's website and fill out their quote form.
How to choose the best car insurance agent in Orlando
If you're trying to find local Orlando agents, you need to know there are two types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agents in Orlando can be described as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either can provide insurance policies, but it's important to point out why they differ because it can impact the kind of agent you use.
Independent Insurance Agents
These type of agents do not sell for just one brand and that allows them to write policies through lots of different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and that require little work on your part.
If you need lower rates, you definitely need to get some free quotes from at least one independent agent to maximize your price options. Most also have access to companies that do not advertise much that many times have cheaper rates.
Listed below is a small list of independent insurance agents in Orlando that can possibly get you cheap rate quotes.
- worldwide insurance agency
4697 Rose Coral Dr #7 - Orlando, FL 32808 - (407) 616-7894 - View Map
- Budget Insurance Agency
5574 N Orange Blossom Trail - Orlando, FL 32808 - (321) 270-6385 - View Map
- Corkhill Insurance Agency, LLC
20 S Bumby Ave - Orlando, FL 32803 - (407) 898-8891 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents have only one company to place business with and examples are State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. They usually cannot compare other company's rates so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. These agents are usually well trained on their company's products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Some consumers prefer to use the same exclusive agent mainly due to the prominence of the brand rather than having the cheapest rates.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agencies in Orlando willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Andy Phillips - State Farm Insurance Agent
7608 W Sand Lake Rd - Orlando, FL 32819 - (407) 354-1320 - View Map
- Mike Broschart - State Farm Insurance Agent
4638 S Kirkman Rd - Orlando, FL 32811 - (407) 298-2700 - View Map
- Leigh DelVesco - State Farm Insurance Agent
3806 Edgewater Dr - Orlando, FL 32804 - (407) 290-8544 - View Map
Deciding on an insurance agent shouldn't rely on just a cheap price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Orlando?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
If you receive good answers to any questions you may have and an acceptable price quote, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agency that meets the requirements to properly service your insurance policy. Just remember consumers can cancel your policy whenever you wish so never feel that you are permanently stuck with the insurance policy for the entire policy term.
Educate yourself about auto insurance coverages
Having a good grasp of your auto insurance policy helps when choosing the right coverages for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Coverage for liability - This will cover damages or injuries you inflict on other's property or people in an accident. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show policy limits of 10/20/10 that translate to $10,000 in coverage for each person's injuries, $20,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $10,000 paid for damaged property. Another option is a combined limit which limits claims to one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability insurance covers claims such as legal defense fees, pain and suffering and bail bonds. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but it's cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford. Florida state law requires minimum liability limits of 10/20/10 but drivers should carry higher limits.
The chart below shows why buying the state minimum limits may not provide adequate coverage.
Comprehensive auto insurance - Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things like theft, damage from flooding, hitting a deer, damage from getting keyed and hail damage. The maximum payout a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle's value is low consider dropping full coverage.
Coverage for medical expenses - Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for bills like X-ray expenses, funeral costs, surgery, prosthetic devices and chiropractic care. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. They cover both the driver and occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Collision coverage - Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with another car or object. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as scraping a guard rail, backing into a parked car, crashing into a ditch and sideswiping another vehicle. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It's also possible to choose a higher deductible on your Compass to bring the cost down.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers - Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your Jeep Compass.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (which is 10/20/10), their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Most of the time your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are identical to your policy's liability coverage.
More effort can pay off
The cheapest Jeep Compass insurance in Orlando is available from both online companies and with local Orlando insurance agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers may not offer price quotes online and these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agencies.
Drivers who switch companies do it for many reasons like high rates after DUI convictions, extreme rates for teen drivers, policy cancellation and even being labeled a high risk driver. Whatever your reason, finding the right insurance provider is not as hard as you think.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of ways to reduce Jeep Compass insurance premium rates online in Orlando. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest premium rates are with a smaller regional carrier.
How to quote cheaper Jeep Compass insurance in Orlando
Really, the only way to get more affordable Jeep Compass insurance is to begin comparing prices regularly from different companies in Orlando.
- Step 1: Get an understanding of coverages and the measures you can take to drop your rates. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices like at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a low credit rating can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Step 2: Compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from multiple companies. Get quotes now
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a better price and change companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
A crucial key to this process is to make sure you're comparing similar limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get quotes from as many different companies as possible. This ensures an accurate price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Additional information can be found at these links:
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Dodge Ram in Orlando? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Learners Permit in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for High Mileage Drivers in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)