Are you looking for cheaper Kia Optima Hybrid insurance in Orlando? Are you baffled by the dozens of insurance sources available to you? You’re not alone. Florida drivers have so many sources to choose from that it can quickly become hard work to find the perfect company for you. Orlando is an awesome place to live, but trying to pay high insurance rates makes it impossible to affordably insure vehicles.
We don’t have to point out that fact that car insurance companies don’t want you quoting rates from other companies. Insureds who shop around for cheaper prices are likely to switch to a new company because they have good chances of finding a lower-priced company. A survey found that consumers who made a habit of comparing rates saved on average $865 annually as compared to drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the cheapest price for Kia Optima Hybrid insurance is the reason you’re here, then learning a little about the best way to quote and compare insurance premiums can make the process less intimidating.
It’s important to compare rates once or twice a year since prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Even if you got the best deal on Kia Optima Hybrid insurance in Orlando a year ago you may be paying too much now. There are lots of tips to save on Optima Hybrid insurance out there, but by reading this article, you’re going to learn some guaranteed methods to put money back in your pocket.
Smart Buyers Can Slash Their Insurance Rates
Lots of factors are part of the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some factors are common sense like your driving record, but some are less apparent like your vehicle usage or your vehicle rating.
- Good credit saves on insurance – Having a bad credit score can be a huge factor in determining your rates. Insureds with very good credit scores tend to be more responsible than those with worse credit. If your credit rating is not that good, you could be paying less to insure your Kia Optima Hybrid by spending a little time repairing your credit.
- Prices are impacted by vehicle performance – The performance of the car or truck you need to insure makes a huge difference in how high your rates are. Smaller low performance passenger vehicles usually have the lowest rates, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
- Eliminate incidental coverages – Policies have additional coverages that you can buy but may not be useful. Coverages like rental car coverage, towing, and extra life insurance coverage may not be needed and are just wasting money. They may sound like good ideas when talking to your agent, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so remove them and pocket the money.
- Low stress occupation equals lower prices – Jobs like fire fighters, executives, and stock brokers usually pay higher rates than the rest of us due to high stress levels and long work hours. On the flip side, careers such as scientists, students and retirees have lower than average premiums.
- Insurance is expensive for teenage drivers – Mature drivers are more cautious drivers, cost insurance companies less in claims, and get fewer tickets. Drivers with little experience tend to be inattentive and easily distracted when driving with friends so they pay higher insurance rates.
- Bad driving means higher premiums – Having just one citation may increase your cost by as much as twenty percent. Careful drivers tend to pay less for car insurance as compared to careless drivers. Drivers unfortunate enough to have flagrant citations like reckless driving or DUI may find that they have to to submit a SR-22 form to the state department of motor vehicles in order to keep their license.
Insurance loss data for Kia Optima Hybrid vehicles – Companies use claims history to calculate a price that offsets possible losses. Vehicles that the statistics show to have a trend towards higher claims will be charged more to insure. The table below shows the loss history for Kia Optima Hybrid vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles compiled together is equal to 100. Numbers below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while percentages above 100 point to more frequent losses or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Kia Optima Hybrid Insurance Claim Statistics Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Kia Optima Hybrid 143 115 116 139 158 151BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
What is the best auto insurance company in Orlando?
Choosing the best auto insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in Florida. The ranking information below can help you decide which insurers to look at when comparing rate quotes.
Top 10 Orlando Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- The General
- 21st Century
Top 10 Orlando Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- AAA Insurance
Auto insurance savings summarized
We’ve covered many ways to save on Kia Optima Hybrid insurance in Orlando. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Orlando auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest car insurance rates come from the least-expected company.
People change insurance companies for many reasons like lack of trust in their agent, not issuing a premium refund, unfair underwriting practices or even questionable increases in premium. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch choosing a new insurance company is not as hard as you think.
Budget-friendly auto insurance in Orlando is possible on the web and with local Orlando insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best selection. Some auto insurance companies don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these small insurance companies only sell coverage through independent agents.
How to find low-cost Kia Optima Hybrid insurance in Orlando
The best way to find cheaper car insurance rates in Orlando is to compare prices at least once a year from companies who sell auto insurance in Florida.
Step 1: Gain an understanding of how companies set rates and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that cause high rates such as tickets, at-fault accidents, and a not-so-good credit history can be controlled by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
Step 2: Compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates and see if you can save money. If you can save money and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
Step 4: Notify your current company of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application to your new agent or company. As soon as coverage is bound, place your new certificate verifying proof of insurance in your vehicle.
A good tip to remember is to use identical coverage information on every quote request and and to look at as many companies as you can. This ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough price selection.
More tips and info about auto insurance can be found by following these links:
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Orlando Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Under 25? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Orlando Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Escape? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Orlando Auto Insurance Quotes for 18 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Toyota Tacoma in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)