Sad but true, 70% of consumers have been with the same company for over three years, and practically 40% of auto insurance customers have never shopped around. With the average premium in Florida being $2,200, drivers can save $1,100 each year by just shopping around, but most undervalue the large savings they would see if they bought a different policy.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find affordable Kia Soul EV insurance in Orlando is to do an annual price comparison from insurers in Florida.
- Read about the coverage provided by your policy and the steps you can take to drop your rates. Many things that increase rates like traffic violations and an imperfect credit history can be rectified by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the price quotes to your existing policy and determine if there is any savings. If you can save money and change companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
One thing to point out is to use identical coverage information on each quote request and and to get price estimates from every company you can. Doing this guarantees a fair price comparison and the best price selection.
We hope to tell you the best ways to compare prices and some money-saving tips. If you are already insured, you will surely be able to save money using the ideas covered in this article. But Florida drivers do need to understand how companies calculate your policy premium and apply this information to your search.
Affordable auto insurance in Orlando, FL
The companies shown below offer price comparisons in Orlando, FL. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you get prices from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Score discounts on Orlando car insurance
Car insurance can be pricey, but there may be some discounts that you may not know about. A few discounts will automatically apply when you complete an application, but lesser-known reductions have to be manually applied in order for you to get them.
- Safety Course Discount – Successfully completing a class that teaches driver safety techniques could cut 5% off your bill if you qualify.
- Employee of Federal Government – Active or former government employment could provide a small rate reduction depending on your company.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Insuring a vehicle that is new can get you a discount because new model year vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Pay Early and Save – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of paying each month you could save up to 5%.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few insurance companies offer discounts for buying a policy before your current expiration date. It could save around 10% when you buy Orlando auto insurance online.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Just owning your own home can get you a discount because it requires personal responsibility.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Insurance carriers who offer life insurance give a lower car insurance rate if you buy some life insurance too.
- ABS Braking Discount – Vehicles with ABS and/or traction control are safer to drive and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- No Charge for an Accident – This one isn’t a discount, but certain companies will let one accident slide before hitting you with a surcharge with the catch being you have to be claim-free prior to the accident.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Driving fewer miles could be rewarded with lower rates due to less chance of an accident.
Don’t be surprised that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So when the math indicates you could get a free car insurance policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
A list of companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are included below.
- Progressive may include discounts for good student, online signing, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and homeowner.
- AAA may offer discounts for pay-in-full, good student, multi-car, AAA membership discount, good driver, anti-theft, and education and occupation.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include electronic funds transfer, pay in full, bundle discounts, good student, multi-car, and youthful driver.
- GEICO offers discounts including multi-policy, seat belt use, emergency military deployment, defensive driver, anti-theft, and driver training.
- Esurance offers discounts for good driver, defensive driver, claim free, anti-theft, Pac-12 alumni, and online quote.
- SAFECO discounts include anti-lock brakes, accident prevention training, bundle discounts, teen safety rewards, and drive less.
- State Farm has discounts for passive restraint, anti-theft, good student, defensive driving training, driver’s education, and accident-free.
Before you buy a policy, ask each insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some credits may not be offered in your state. For a list of providers who offer free Kia Soul EV insurance quotes in Orlando, click this link.
Comparing prices from local Orlando insurance agents
A small number of people still like to visit with an insurance agent and that can be a smart move The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is you may find the best rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying insurance from neighborhood agents is especially important in Orlando.
After filling out this quick form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Orlando who can give free rate quotes to get your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact an agency because quoted prices will be sent immediately to you. You can find the lowest rates without a big time investment. If you wish to compare prices for a specific company, you can always search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Compare rates from both independent and exclusive car insurance agents
If you are wanting to find a local agent, it’s important to understand the different types of agencies and how they work. Insurance agencies are either independent or exclusive.
Independent Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel do not write with just one company and that gives them the ability to insure with a variety of different insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If you want to switch companies, your policy is moved internally and you don’t have to do anything. When comparing rate quotes, it’s a good idea to include price quotes from several independent insurance agents to get the best comparison. Many write coverage with small regional insurance companies who may have lower rates.
The following is a list of independent agencies in Orlando that may be able to provide pricing information.
- J Short Insurance Agency
2901 Curry Ford Rd #212 – Orlando, FL 32806 – (407) 849-9000 – View Map
- GreatFlorida Insurance – Don Greene
1300 N Semoran Blvd Suite 180 – Orlando, FL 32807 – (407) 894-6363 – View Map
- Corkhill Insurance Agency, LLC
20 S Bumby Ave – Orlando, FL 32803 – (407) 898-8891 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies can only provide pricing for a single company such as Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. They are very knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some consumers prefer to buy insurance from these agents mainly due to high brand loyalty instead of buying on price only.
Below are Orlando exclusive insurance agents that can give you price quotes.
- Bruce Baltich – State Farm Insurance Agent
198 S Semoran Blvd – Orlando, FL 32807 – (407) 273-9170 – View Map
- Andy Phillips – State Farm Insurance Agent
7608 W Sand Lake Rd – Orlando, FL 32819 – (407) 354-1320 – View Map
- Terri Marshall – State Farm Insurance Agent
5555 E Michigan St #104 – Orlando, FL 32822 – (407) 380-5689 – View Map
Picking the best insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Where are claims handled?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- How long has their agency been in business in Orlando?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
If you feel you receive satisfactory answers to any questions you may have and a low price estimate, you’ve probably found an insurance agent that meets the requirements to insure your vehicles.
Shop smart and save
People change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including policy cancellation, poor customer service, being labeled a high risk driver or high rates after DUI convictions. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new insurance company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
In this article, we covered many tips how you can compare Kia Soul EV insurance car insurance rates in Orlando. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Orlando auto insurance, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the best car insurance rates are with an unexpected company.
Lower-priced Kia Soul EV insurance in Orlando can be purchased both online and from local insurance agents, and you need to price shop both so you have a total pricing picture. Some auto insurance companies may not provide internet price quotes and these smaller companies only sell through independent agents.
Additional learning opportunities
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Toyota Tacoma in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Orlando Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford F-150? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Toyota Camry in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Highlander in Orlando? (FAQ)
- How Much are Orlando Auto Insurance Quotes for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)