It’s an obvious statement that car insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Consumers who compare rates at least once a year will most likely buy a new policy because there are good odds of finding better rates. A recent car insurance study revealed that people who routinely shopped for cheaper coverage saved approximately $865 annually compared to other drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the cheapest price on insurance in Orlando is the reason you’re reading this, then knowing how to get price quotes and compare insurance can help make the process easier and more efficient.
Really, the only way to quote cheaper Lincoln MKC insurance in Orlando is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from different companies that insure vehicles in Florida.
- Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about individual coverages and the changes you can make to prevent high rates. Many risk factors that cause high rates like at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Step 2: Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your current policy premium and see if you can save money. If you find better rates, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Step 4: Provide notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a signed application and payment for the new policy. As soon as you can, place the new proof of insurance certificate with your vehicle’s registration.
One thing to remember is to try to use identical coverages on every price quote and and to get quotes from as many different companies as possible. This helps ensure a fair rate comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Cheap Lincoln insurance rates in Orlando
The providers in the list below provide quotes in Florida. If you want cheap auto insurance in FL, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Get lower-cost Lincoln MKC insurance in Orlando with discounts
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but there could be significant discounts that may help make it more affordable. A few discounts will automatically apply when you complete an application, but less common discounts must be specially asked for before they will apply.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings of up to 25% or more.
- 55 and Retired – Mature drivers may qualify for a small discount on rates.
- Life Insurance – Some insurance carriers give a lower price if you buy life insurance from them.
- Save with a New Car – Buying a new car model can save up to 30% due to better safety requirements for newer vehicles.
- E-sign Discounts – Many companies will give a small break just for signing your application digitally online.
- Organization Discounts – Affiliation with specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could earn you a nice discount on car insurance.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use their safety belts can save a little off the medical payments premium.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Completing a course that instructs on driving safety is a good idea and can lower rates and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Payment Discounts – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of making monthly payments you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low mileage vehicles could earn substantially lower premium rates.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So when the math indicates you could get a free car insurance policy, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
The best car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts include:
- 21st Century includes discounts for theft prevention, driver training, automatic seat belts, early bird, and defensive driver.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for multiple autos, good student, safe vehicle, driver’s education, accident-free, and anti-theft.
- AAA may offer discounts for good driver, multi-car, AAA membership discount, education and occupation, and pay-in-full.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include hybrid vehicle, multi-car, new vehicle discount, newly married, exclusive group savings, and new graduate.
- Progressive has savings for online quote discount, online signing, homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and continuous coverage.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every prospective company which discounts you may be entitled to. All car insurance discounts might not be offered on policies in Orlando. To find insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Florida, click here.
It’s not one size fits all
When selecting proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is no “best” method to buy coverage. Each situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover whether you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Is my trailer covered?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- What is medical payments coverage?
- What are the best liability limits?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- Should I buy only the required Florida minimum liability coverage?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
Comparing prices from local Orlando insurance agents
Some consumers just want to visit with an insurance agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Licensed agents are highly skilled in risk management and help submit paperwork. An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get lower rates but also keep your business local. Buying from and supporting local insurance agents is especially important in Orlando.
After completing this simple form, your insurance data is submitted to participating agents in Orlando who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. There is no need to search for any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered to you directly. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, you would need to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
The different types of auto insurance agents
If you want a good Orlando insurance agent, you should know the types of agencies and how they work. Insurance agents in Orlando are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either type can insure your vehicles properly, but it’s important to point out the differences because it can factor into your agent selection.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents are not locked into one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with an assortment of companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move the coverage in-house and you can keep the same agent.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you definitely need to compare prices from at least one independent agent to get the most accurate price comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with different regional companies which could offer lower prices.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Orlando who can help you get competitive price quotes.
- Risk Transfer Insurance Agency
219 E Livingston St – Orlando, FL 32801 – (407) 481-9363 – View Map
- Brightway Insurance, The Ourso Agency
4100 Edgewater Dr – Orlando, FL 32804 – (407) 901-0040 – View Map
- Talmadge Commercial Insurance Agency
111 W Jefferson St – Orlando, FL 32801 – (407) 701-6321 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents have only one company to place business with such as State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. They generally cannot provide other company’s prices so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers frequently buy from the same agent for years partially due to the prominence of the brand rather than having low rates.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agencies in Orlando that are able to give price quote information.
- Marylou Davis – State Farm Insurance Agent
6200 Metrowest Blvd #103 – Orlando, FL 32835 – (407) 857-0400 – View Map
- Curtis Hunter – State Farm Insurance Agent
3354 Curry Ford Rd – Orlando, FL 32806 – (407) 898-0061 – View Map
- Bruce Baltich – State Farm Insurance Agent
198 S Semoran Blvd – Orlando, FL 32807 – (407) 273-9170 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agency is decision based upon more than just the price. Any agent in Orlando should have no problem answering these questions:
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Orlando?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
Upon receiving positive feedback to any questions you may have in addition to an acceptable price estimate, chances are good that you have found an insurance agency that meets your needs to adequately provide insurance. It’s important to know that you are entitled to cancel a policy when you choose so don’t feel you are locked into any particular company for the entire policy term.
More effort can pay off
As you quote Orlando car insurance, you should never skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many instances, consumers will sacrifice full coverage and learned later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The ultimate goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Drivers switch companies for many reasons like an unsatisfactory settlement offer, not issuing a premium refund, lack of trust in their agent and being labeled a high risk driver. Regardless of your reason, switching auto insurance companies is less work than it seems.
In this article, we presented a lot of techniques to save on Lincoln MKC insurance in Orlando. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the best car insurance rates are with a lesser-known regional company.
For more information, feel free to browse the articles below:
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Good Credit in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for College Graduates in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Teenage Males in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Orlando Auto Insurance for a Hyundai Elantra? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Orlando Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 70? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Female in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Orlando Car Insurance Quotes for Young Drivers? (FAQ)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)