It’s safe to conclude that auto insurance companies don’t want policyholders to shop around. Insureds who shop rates annually are likely to move their business because of the good chance of finding coverage at a more affordable price. A recent survey discovered that drivers who shopped around every year saved $850 each year as compared to drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the lowest price on auto insurance is your goal, then knowing how to shop and compare insurance premiums can help you succeed in saving money.
The most effective way to get low-cost Mercury Montego insurance in Orlando is to compare quotes annually from providers that sell auto insurance in Florida. Drivers can shop around by following these guidelines.
- First, spend some time learning about how insurance companies determine prices and the factors you can control to prevent high rates. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates like at-fault accidents and an imperfect credit score can be controlled by paying attention to minor details.
- Second, quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save money and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
A key point to remember is that you’ll want to compare identical limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to analyze as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this ensures an accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
If you already have coverage, you will be able to find better prices using this information. This information will instruct you on how car insurance quotes work and how to save the most money. But Florida consumers must know the way insurance companies determine what you pay and take advantage of how the system works.
Best companies for affordable Mercury Montego insurance in Florida
The companies shown below provide comparison quotes in Orlando, FL. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to find the cheapest rates.
Mercury Montego insurance discounts in Orlando
Car insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but you may qualify for discounts that may help make it more affordable. Certain reductions will be credited when you get a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked for prior to receiving the credit. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you deserve, you are throwing money away.
- Military Deployment Discount – Having a deployed family member may lower your rates slightly.
- Paperless Signup – A handful of insurance companies will provide an incentive for completing your application over the internet.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low mileage vehicles could qualify for slightly better prices than normal.
- Data Collection Discounts – People who choose to allow driving data collection to look at driving habits by using a telematics device in their vehicle like Allstate’s Drivewise might see lower rates if they are good drivers.
- Safety Course Discount – Passing a course teaching driver safety skills could save 5% or more and also improve your driving technique.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts as much as 30%.
- Payment Method – If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of paying each month you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control are much safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Responsible Driver Discounts – Drivers who avoid accidents could pay up to 40% less than drivers with accidents.
Remember that some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Most only cut specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears you could get a free car insurance policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
Insurance companies who might offer some of the above discounts include:
- Mercury Insurance
- Farmers Insurance
- Auto-Owners Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
When comparing rates, check with all companies you are considering which discounts you qualify for. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply in Orlando. To see a list of car insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in Orlando, click here.
When do I need to get advice from a local insurance agent?
Many drivers prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is not a bad decision One of the best bonuses of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get cheaper prices and still buy from a local agent. Buying insurance from local agencies is definitely important in Orlando.
Once you complete this simple form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to agents in your area who will return price quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t need to contact any agents since rate quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you wish to compare rates for a specific company, you just need to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Below are Orlando insurance companies that may be able to provide price quotes for Mercury Montego insurance in Orlando.
- Helen Tallon – State Farm Insurance Agent
2813 S Hiawassee Rd #107 – Orlando, FL 32835 – (407) 522-9700 – View Map
- Bud Redditt Insurance Agency Inc
1716 W Colonial Dr – Orlando, FL 32804 – (407) 855-6797 – View Map
- J Short Insurance Agency
2901 Curry Ford Rd #212 – Orlando, FL 32806 – (407) 849-9000 – View Map
- Caple Howden Insurance Agency
10222 E Colonial Dr – Orlando, FL 32817 – (407) 657-8808 – View Map
Finding the right provider shouldn’t rely on just the premium amount. Agents should be asked these questions:
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- How long have they been in business?
One last note
As you shop your coverage around, don’t be tempted to buy poor coverage just to save money. In many cases, consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your aim should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
We’ve covered some good ideas how to shop for Mercury Montego insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the best price on auto insurance is with the smaller companies.
Drivers who switch companies do it for many reasons like being labeled a high risk driver, high rates after DUI convictions, policy cancellation or lack of trust in their agent. Whatever your reason, finding a new auto insurance company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
Other learning opportunities
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a Honda Accord in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Orlando Auto Insurance for a Hyundai Elantra? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Handicapped Drivers in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)