Unfortunately, almost 70% of insureds have purchased from the same company for more than four years, and almost half have never even compared rates from other companies. Florida insurance shoppers could save as much as $1,126 each year by just shopping around, but they don’t believe how much money they would save if they replace their high priced policy.
Really, the only way to find affordable quotes for car insurance rates is to compare quotes annually from insurers who provide car insurance in Orlando. Prices can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Try to learn about how auto insurance works and the things you can control to keep rates low. Many rating factors that cause high rates such as speeding and poor credit history can be controlled by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. This article gives information to find cheap prices and find additional discounts you may qualify for.
- Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can provide prices for many different companies. Select a company
- Compare the new quotes to your existing rates and determine if there is any savings. If you can save some money, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit a down payment along with a completed application to your new agent or company. Once the application is submitted, put the certificate verifying proof of insurance in an accessible location in your vehicle.
One bit of advice is to use identical coverages on each quote request and to quote with as many different companies as possible. Doing this enables an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price quote selection.
Finding the cheapest car insurance coverage in Orlando can really be easy if you know what you’re doing. If you have insurance now or are just looking to switch companies, use these cost-cutting techniques to cut your premiums without reducing protection. Drivers just need to know the least time-consuming way to buy car insurance using one simple form.
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Costs
Part of the insurance buying process is learning a few of the rating criteria that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for insurance. When you understand what determines premiums, this enables you to make decisions that can earn you lower premium levels. Lots of factors are considered when you get a price on insurance. Some are pretty understandable like your driving record, although some other factors are more transparent such as whether you are married or your financial responsibility.
The itemized list below are some of the most rate-impacting factors companies use to determine your rates.
Vehicle theft costs us all – Purchasing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can help bring down rates. Anti-theft features like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems help track and prevent car theft and help bring rates down.
Safer vehicles means cheaper rates – Vehicles that have high safety ratings cost less to insure. Vehicles built for safety reduce the chance of injuries and fewer injuries means less money paid by your insurance company and more competitive rates for policyholders.
Only buy coverage you need – There are a lot of add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying on your 350Z policy. Coverages for vanishing deductibles, accident forgiveness, and term life insurance could be just wasting money. You may think they are a good idea when buying your policy, but your needs may have changed so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
Multiple policies with one company – Most larger insurance companies will award a discount to clients who carry more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can add up to five, ten or even twenty percent. Even with this discount, you may still want to compare Nissan 350Z rates in Orlando to verify if the discount is saving money.
Younger drivers are expensive to insure – More experienced drivers are more cautious drivers, tend to cause fewer accidents, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets. Teenage drivers have a tendency to be inattentive and easily distracted when driving with friends so insurance rates are higher.
Liability insurance limits on your policy – The liability coverage on your policy is the coverage that protects you if ever a court rules you are at fault for damages from an accident. Liability provides you with a defense in court to attempt to prove you were not liable. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to other policy coverages, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
Finding Nissan 350Z insurance in Orlando, Florida
Finding cheaper Orlando car insurance rates is not a difficult process. All you need to do is take time comparing rates from online providers.
The companies shown below offer free quotes in Orlando, FL. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Why you need insurance for your 350Z
Even though it can be expensive, paying for auto insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, almost every bank will have a requirement that you buy insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If the policy lapses, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Nissan at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance protects both your assets and your vehicle. It will also cover all forms of medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Nissan as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so you should quote and compare rates at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Take policy discounts and save on Nissan 350Z insurance in Orlando
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you might already qualify for some discounts to help offset the cost. Some discounts will apply at the time of purchase, but some may not be applied and must be manually applied before being credited.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying a new car model is cheaper because new model year vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Accident Free – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims have much lower rates as compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low annual miles could be rewarded with substantially lower insurance rates.
- Student Driver Training – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them enroll and complete driver’s education if it’s offered in school.
- College Student – Any of your kids who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Orlando and won’t have access to an insured vehicle can receive lower rates.
- Multiple Cars – Drivers who insure multiple cars or trucks with one company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
Please keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So when it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, that’s just not realistic.
Large insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer include:
- American Family may offer discounts for defensive driver, accident-free, good student, good driver, mySafetyValet, multi-vehicle, and air bags.
- State Farm offers discounts for student away at school, good driver, driver’s education, multiple autos, defensive driving training, and Drive Safe & Save.
- 21st Century offers premium reductions for early bird, driver training, teen driver, defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, and 55 and older.
- Travelers includes discounts for good student, home ownership, continuous insurance, save driver, hybrid/electric vehicle, multi-car, and multi-policy.
- GEICO offers discounts including good student, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, emergency military deployment, anti-lock brakes, air bags, and federal employee.
If you want inexpensive Orlando car insurance quotes, ask every insurance company which discounts they offer. All car insurance discounts may not be available in Orlando.
Do I need an insurance agency?
Some consumers still like to get advice from a local agent. Good insurance agents can answer important questions and help submit paperwork. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain better rates but also keep your business local.
After completing this simple form, your information is immediately sent to local insurance agents that can give you free Orlando car insurance quotes for your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to do any legwork since price quotes are sent instantly to you. If you want to get a comparison quote for a specific company, you just need to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Picking the best insurer shouldn’t rely on just the quoted price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- What companies can they write with?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
Compare rates from both independent and exclusive car insurance agents
When researching an insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the types of agencies that you can select. Agents in Orlando can be classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both types can sell affordable auto insurance policies, but it is a good idea to know the subtle differences since it could factor into buying decisions.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies have only one company to place business with like Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive insurance agents are usually well trained on their products and sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Many people use the same exclusive agent mainly due to the brand name and solid financial strength.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Orlando who can help you get price quotes.
- Bruce Baltich – State Farm Insurance Agent
198 S Semoran Blvd – Orlando, FL 32807 – (407) 273-9170 – View Map
- Rick Fowler – State Farm Insurance Agent
2700 Corrine Dr – Orlando, FL 32803 – (407) 897-8100 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Domingo Bravo
9330 Narcoossee Rd – Orlando, FL 32827 – (407) 281-6300 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These agents are not limited to a single company and that is an advantage because they can write policies amongst many companies and find you the best rates. If your premiums go up, your agent can switch companies and the insured can keep the same agent.
When searching for an agent, you should always include rate quotes from independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Most also have access to additional companies that you may not be familiar with that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
The following is a short list of independent agents in Orlando willing to provide price quotes.
- JCJ Insurance Agency LLC
2208 Hillcrest St – Orlando, FL 32803 – (321) 445-1117 – View Map
- Floridian Insurance Agency
7316 E Colonial Dr – Orlando, FL 32807 – (407) 207-1616 – View Map
- Universal Insurance Agency
1548 S Semoran Blvd – Orlando, FL 32807 – (407) 898-1116 – View Map
Don’t give up on cheap rates
We just showed you a lot of techniques to reduce Nissan 350Z insurance car insurance rates online in Orlando. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding the cheapest Nissan 350Z rate quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest priced auto insurance comes from the least-expected company.
There are still a few companies who may not provide the ability to get quotes online and many times these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent insurance agents. Low-cost Nissan 350Z insurance in Orlando can be purchased both online in addition to many Orlando insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
Consumers change insurance companies for many reasons like high prices, high rates after DUI convictions, extreme rates for teen drivers or even policy cancellation. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a great new company can be easier than you think.
Additional auto insurance information can be found below:
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Orlando Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Escape? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Corolla in Orlando? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Government Employees in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Orlando Auto Insurance for Retired Military? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Orlando Auto Insurance for a Nissan Rogue? (FAQ)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)