Sad but true, most car insurance customers have remained with the same car insurance company for four years or more, and about 40% of consumers have never compared rates to find cheap insurance. Orlando drivers could pocket 55% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don’t believe the big savings they would realize if they switch to a new company.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to save money on auto insurance rates in Orlando is to start comparing rates regularly from companies in Florida.
- Learn about what is in your policy and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that drive up the price such as traffic violations and a substandard credit score can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely. Later in this article we will cover additional ideas to get cheaper coverage and get discounts that may be available to you.
- Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium and determine if cheaper Dakota coverage is available in Orlando. If you find better rates, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Provide notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current policy. Submit payment and a completed application to the newly selected company. Once the paperwork is finalized, store the certificate of insurance along with your vehicle registration.
The most important part of shopping around is to try to use the same deductibles and limits on every quote and and to get rates from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This ensures a fair rate comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Buying the cheapest car insurance in Orlando is quite easy. If you’re already insured, you should be able to lower your rates using the ideas covered in this article. Smart shoppers just have to use the least time-consuming way to compare rate quotes from many companies at once.
The companies shown below are ready to provide price quotes in Florida. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Protect your Dodge Dakota and other assets
Despite the high cost, insuring your vehicle is mandatory in Florida but it also protects more than you think.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Dodge Dakota has a loan, it’s most likely the lender will make it mandatory that you carry insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank will be required to insure your Dodge at a more expensive rate and require you to fork over much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance preserves both your assets and your vehicle. Insurance will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses incurred in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you in the event you are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially for larger claims. The average driver in America is overpaying over $800 each year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at every policy renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Dodge Dakota insurance charts and tables
The rate table below covers a range of insurance costs for Dodge Dakota models. Having a good understanding how car insurance premiums are established can be useful when making decisions on the best policy to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Dakota ST Ext Cab 2WD||$272||$532||$532||$32||$160||$1,528||$127|
|Dakota Bighorn Ext Cab 2WD||$272||$532||$532||$32||$160||$1,528||$127|
|Dakota Lonestar Ext Cab 2WD||$312||$532||$532||$32||$160||$1,568||$131|
|Dakota ST Crew Cab 2WD||$312||$532||$532||$32||$160||$1,568||$131|
|Dakota Bighorn Crew Cab 2WD||$312||$628||$532||$32||$160||$1,664||$139|
|Dakota Lonestar Crew Cab 2WD||$312||$628||$532||$32||$160||$1,664||$139|
|Dakota Bighorn Ext Cab 4WD||$352||$532||$426||$26||$128||$1,464||$122|
|Dakota ST Ext Cab 4WD||$352||$532||$426||$26||$128||$1,464||$122|
|Dakota Laramie Crew Cab 2WD||$352||$628||$532||$32||$160||$1,704||$142|
|Dakota ST Crew Cab 4WD||$352||$532||$426||$26||$128||$1,464||$122|
|Dakota Lonestar Ext Cab 4WD||$352||$532||$426||$26||$128||$1,464||$122|
|Dakota Bighorn Crew Cab 4WD||$352||$532||$426||$26||$128||$1,464||$122|
|Dakota TRX Crew Cab 4WD||$352||$628||$426||$26||$128||$1,560||$130|
|Dakota TRX Crew Cab 4WD||$352||$628||$426||$26||$128||$1,560||$130|
|Dakota Lonestar Crew Cab 4WD||$352||$628||$426||$26||$128||$1,560||$130|
|Dakota Laramie Crew Cab 4WD||$394||$628||$426||$26||$128||$1,602||$134|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Prices do not factor in specific Orlando garaging location which can modify coverage rates greatly.
Irresponsible driving raises your rates
The information below shows how traffic citations and accident claims drive up Dodge Dakota auto insurance costs for different age groups. The data assumes a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Full coverage versus liability-only
The information below shows the comparison of Dodge Dakota auto insurance rates with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in Florida. The data is based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Should you pay for full coverage or liability only?
There is no definitive formula for phasing out physical damage coverage, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than 10% of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let’s say your Dodge Dakota replacement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company would pay you is $4,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying over $400 a year for physical damage coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are some situations where only buying liability is not advised. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to carry full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Check for these discounts
Buying car insurance is not cheap, but you might be missing out on some discounts that may help make it more affordable. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time of quoting, but some need to be requested specifically before being credited.
- Multi-line Discount – Not all companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a small discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- Own a Home and Save – Just being a homeowner may earn you a small savings due to the fact that maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- Senior Discount – Seniors may be able to get reduced rates.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Teen drivers should take driver’s ed class in high school.
- Good Students Pay Less – Being a good student could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. The discount lasts until age 25.
- Government Employee Discount – Simply working for the federal government may qualify for a discount when you quote Orlando car insurance but check with your company.
Discounts lower rates, but most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like you can get free auto insurance, that’s just not realistic.
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Dodge Dakota yearly insurance costs with and without discounts applied. The price estimates are based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, Florida state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-car, safe-driver, multi-policy, marriage, and homeowner discounts applied.
If you would like to choose from a list of car insurance companies who offer free Dodge Dakota insurance quotes in Florida, click here.
Everyone needs different insurance coverages
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing the best insurance coverage, there really isn’t a cookie cutter policy. You are unique and your insurance should be unique as well.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Are rock-chip repairs free?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Do I need special coverage while pulling a rented trailer?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in Florida?
- Which companies will insure me after a DUI?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.