Having to pay for high-priced insurance in Orlando can bleed your budget and force you to make sacrifices. Price shopping at each renewal is recommended to make sure you’re not throwing money away.
Unimaginable but true, the vast majority of Florida insurance customers kept their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and nearly the majority have never even compared quotes to find affordable rates. Many consumers in the U.S. could save almost $860 a year, but most just don’t grasp the large savings they would see if they bought a different policy.
Since people have many online and local companies to choose from, it can be impossible to find the most affordable insurer.
It’s important to know that comparing more prices increases your odds of finding a lower rate than you’re paying now. Not every company does Orlando Fusion Energi insurance quotes over the internet, so it’s recommended that you also compare quotes on coverage from those companies, too.
The car insurance companies shown below are ready to provide price comparisons in Orlando, FL. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Three good reasons to insure your vehicle
Despite the high cost, buying car insurance is required in Florida but also provides important benefits.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability insurance if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, almost every bank will stipulate that you buy insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If the policy lapses, the bank may buy a policy for your Ford at a significantly higher premium and require you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards your Ford Fusion Energi and your assets. Insurance will pay for most medical and hospital costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially for larger claims. Unknowingly, the average driver overpays more than $820 a year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
How Your Fusion Energi Insurance Costs are Determined
Part of the car insurance buying process is learning the rating factors that play a part in calculating your premiums. If you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that could result in lower rates. Lots of factors are used in the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some of the criteria are obvious like an MVR report, but others are less obvious such as whether you are married or your financial responsibility.
Driver age impacts costs – Teen drivers in Florida tend to be less responsible when at the wheel of a vehicle so car insurance rates are higher. Older, more experienced drivers have been proven to be more responsible, tend to file fewer claims, and are safer drivers.
High performance vehicles cost more to insure – The type of vehicle you drive makes a big difference in how high your rates are. Smaller low performance passenger cars receive the most favorable rates, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
Poor credit can mean higher costs – Having a bad credit score is likely to be a major factor in determining your rates. So if your credit score is lower than you’d like, you could save money insuring your Ford Fusion Energi by spending a little time repairing your credit. Drivers with very good credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records as compared to drivers with poor credit.
City traffic equals higher premiums – Choosing to live in small towns and rural areas has definite advantages if you are looking for the lowest rates. Fewer drivers and short commutes means less chance of accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. City drivers tend to have more traffic problems and higher rates of accident claims. More time commuting means higher likelihood of an accident.
Liability insurance is critical – Liability insurance will protect you if you are determined to be liable for personal injury or accident damage. This coverage provides for a legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. It is affordable coverage when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
Certain jobs raise rates – Jobs such as military generals, business owners, and medical professionals are shown to have higher rates than average in part from intense work requirements and long work hours. Conversely, careers like actors, athletes and retirees receive lower rates.
Car plus home equals more savings – Most companies will award a discount to buyers who consolidate policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you qualify for this discount already, it’s still a good idea to check prices from other companies to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. Drivers may still save more without the discount by buying insurance from more than one company.
Drive less and pay lower prices – Driving more miles in a year the higher the price you pay to insure it. A lot of companies charge to insure your cars based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Autos that do not get driven very much qualify for better rates than cars that get driven a lot. An incorrectly rated Fusion Energi is throwing money out the window. Ask your agent if your car insurance policy properly reflects the correct usage for each vehicle.
Discounts can help lower rates on Ford Fusion Energi insurance in Orlando
Companies don’t always list every policy discount very clearly, so we took the time to find a few of the more common and also the more inconspicuous auto insurance savings.
- Paperwork-free – Some auto insurance companies may give you up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up on your computer.
- Onboard Data Collection – Orlando drivers who agree to allow driving data collection to track where and when they drive by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Progressive’s Snapshot could possibly reduce rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Drivers Education – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers complete a driver education course in high school.
- Multi-line Discount – Not all insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a lower rate if you buy life insurance from them.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
It’s important to understand that some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies don’t profit that way.
Insurance companies that possibly offer some of the discounts shown above include:
Before purchasing a policy, check with every company which credits you are entitled to. Savings may not apply in Orlando.
Compare prices but work with a local Orlando insurance agent
A lot of people prefer to talk to a local agent and that can be a great decision One of the best bonuses of price shopping on the web is you can get cheap rate quotes and still have an agent to talk to. Buying insurance from neighborhood insurance agencies is still important in Orlando.
By using this simple form, your coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents who will gladly provide quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to search for any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered to you instantly. You can find the lowest rates without requiring a lot of work. If you want to get a price quote from a specific company, you just need to visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
When researching a local agent, there are two different types of agents that you can choose from. Agencies in Orlando can either be independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent are not employed by any specific company so they can quote policies through lots of different companies and find the cheapest rate. If you want to switch companies, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to do anything. If you need lower rates, we recommend you include at least one independent agent for the best price selection.
The following are independent agencies in Orlando that can give you free car insurance quotes.
These agents are contracted to one company like Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents are trained well on what they offer which can be an advantage.
Listed below are Orlando exclusive insurance agencies who can help you get price quotes.
Selecting an insurance agency shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price quote. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
Orlando car insurance companies ranked
Buying coverage from the top company can be a challenge considering how many choices there are in Florida. The information shown next can help you select which insurers to look at when comparing rate quotes.
Top 10 Orlando Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- The General
- 21st Century
Find cheaper auto insurance prices by comparing often
We just covered a lot of tips how to lower your Ford Fusion Energi insurance premium rates in Orlando. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding affordable Orlando auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the best price on auto insurance is with some of the lesser-known companies. These smaller insurers may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than their larger competitors like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
More affordable auto insurance in Orlando can be sourced both online and also from your neighborhood Orlando agents, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers may not have online price quotes and usually these regional insurance providers sell through independent agencies.
How to find cheaper quotes for Ford Fusion Energi insurance in Orlando
If you want to save money, the best way to get more affordable Ford Fusion Energi insurance is to start comparing prices yearly from companies in Orlando.
Step 1: Spend some time learning about policy coverages and the changes you can make to keep rates down. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices like getting speeding tickets and an imperfect credit history can be amended by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Step 2: Request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide prices for many different companies. Get quotes now
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Orlando. If you find a lower rate quote and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
The most important part of shopping around is to make sure you’re comparing similar limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get price estimates from as many companies as feasibly possible. This ensures the most accurate price comparison and the best rate selection.
Helpful learning opportunities
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Orlando Car Insurance for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Orlando Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 70? (FAQ)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)