Sadly, a large majority of drivers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for well over three years, and just under half have never compared rates to find lower-cost insurance. American drivers could save themselves almost $850 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but most undervalue the big savings they would realize if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
The best way to find better pricing on Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Orlando is to regularly compare quotes from companies in Florida.
First, learn about how companies set rates and the modifications you can make to drop your rates. Many risk factors that increase rates like speeding tickets, careless driving and a bad credit rating can be controlled by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
Second, compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can give you price quotes for many different companies.
Third, compare the price quotes to your existing rates and see if you can save money. If you can save some money and change companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
Fourth, give notification to your agent or company of your intention to cancel your current policy. Submit a down payment and signed policy application to your new agent or company. Once coverage is bound, keep your new certificate of insurance in an easily accessible location.
A good tip to remember is to make sure you’re comparing the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote and to quote with as many carriers as you can. This ensures a level playing field and a complete rate analysis.
Most larger insurance companies provide insurance quotes online. Getting online rates for Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Orlando is pretty painless as you simply type in the amount of coverage you want as detailed in the form. When the form is submitted, their rating system gets reports for credit and driving violations and returns pricing information based on these factors.
Getting online price quotes for Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Orlando makes comparing rates easy, and it is imperative to compare as many rates as possible in order to find a better rate.
In order to get comparison pricing now, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you enter the limits and deductibles identical to your current policy. Doing this assures you are getting rate comparison quotes using the same coverage and limits.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide quotes in Florida. To locate cheap car insurance in FL, we suggest you compare several of them to get the cheapest price.
Car insurance is not optional in Florida
Despite the high insurance cost for a Ford Shelby GT350 in Orlando, car insurance is required in Florida but also provides important benefits.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Ford, most lenders will have a requirement that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank will be required to insure your Ford at a much higher premium rate and require you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Car insurance protects your Ford Shelby GT350 and your assets. Insurance will pay for all forms of medical expenses incurred in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit in the event you are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially if you ever need it. According to a recent study, the average American driver is overpaying over $850 per year so compare rates at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Cheaper Orlando insurance quotes with discounts
Not too many consumers would say insurance is affordable, but you might already qualify for some discounts that you may not know about. Most are applied at quote time, but a few need to be specifically requested before being credited.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them successfully take a driver’s education course as it can save substantially.
- Air Bag Discount – Options like air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts as much as 30%.
- Distant College Student Discount – Any of your kids who live away from home at college and don’t have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Buying coverage for several vehicles with one company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Low Mileage – Keeping the miles down on your Ford could be rewarded with cheaper rates.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few larger companies give discounts for buying a new policy prior to the expiration date on your current Shelby GT350 insurance policy. You may see this discount when you get Orlando auto insurance quotes online.
- Save over 55 – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may qualify for a discount up to 10%.
- Braking Control Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can reduce accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
It’s important to understand that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Some of the insurance companies that may offer quotes with these discounts possibly include:
Before you buy a policy, ask every insurance company how you can save money. Savings may not be offered in Orlando.
Do I just need basic coverages?
When choosing the best car insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s needs are different.
These are some specific questions could help you determine if your situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Can I insure my car for more than it’s worth?
- What is an adequate liability insurance limit?
- Can I use my car for my catering business?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in Florida?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- Are my company tools covered if they get stolen?
- Is there a penalty for late payment?
- What is motorclub and do I need it?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.