The preferred way to find cheaper prices for auto insurance rates in Orlando is to start comparing rates regularly from insurance carriers who can sell car insurance in Florida. Prices can be compared by completing these steps.
- First, try to learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the measures you can take to keep rates in check. Many risk factors that cause high rates like speeding tickets, careless driving and a low credit score can be controlled by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Second, compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from many different companies.
- Third, compare the price quotes to your existing coverage and determine if there is any savings. If you can save some money, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Fourth, provide proper notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit the completed application along with a down payment to the newly selected company. As soon as you have the new policy, safely store the proof of insurance paperwork along with your vehicle registration.
An important bit of advice to remember is to make sure you enter similar coverage information on every quote request and and to compare as many carriers as you can. This guarantees a fair price comparison and the best rate selection.
Inconceivable but true, 70% of consumers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for well over three years, and practically 40% of car insurance customers have never taken the time to shop around. Most drivers in the U.S. can save nearly 46.5% each year just by comparing rates, but they just don’t understand how easy it is to find lower-cost insurance by shopping around.
If you already have coverage or just want cheaper rates, follow these tips to reduce the price you pay without reducing coverage. Locating the best rates in Orlando is actually not that difficult if you follow our advice. Comparison shoppers just need to use the most time-saving way to compare rate quotes online.
Getting a cheaper price on insurance is a fairly straight forward process. You just have to spend a few minutes on the computer to compare rates to discover which company has affordable Honda Insight insurance quotes.
Getting free price quotes online is quite simple, and it makes it a waste of time to drive around to insurance agencies in your area. Comparing online rate quotes eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you have a complicated situation and need the advice and guidance that only an agent can give. If you prefer, some companies allow you to comparison shop online but have your policy serviced through an agent.
The providers in the list below can provide free quotes in Orlando, FL. In order to find cheap car insurance in Florida, we recommend you compare several of them to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Honda Insight coverage statistics
The coverage table shown next covers different insurance costs for Honda Insight models. Understanding how insurance premiums are determined can help customers make decisions when shopping around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and claim-free. Price estimates do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can impact auto insurance rates significantly.
Annual premiums for males versus females
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Honda Insight insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The data is based on a clean driving record, no claims, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Difference between liability only and full coverage rates
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Honda Insight insurance rates with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. Data assumes no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Should you buy full coverage or liability only?
There is no clear-cut rule of when to phase out full coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than 10% of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let’s pretend your Honda Insight claim settlement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, you would only receive $3,000 after paying your policy deductible. If it’s costing in excess of $300 annually to have full coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some circumstances where dropping physical damage coverage is not in your best interest. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should keep full coverage in place.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Certain discounts will be applied at the time of quoting, but some discounts are required to be specially asked for before they will apply. If they aren’t giving you every credit possible, you may be paying too high a price.
- Accident Forgiveness – This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like GEICO, Progressive, and Allstate will let one accident slide without the usual rate increase if you are claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Buying insurance for all your vehicles with one company could earn a price break for each car.
- Government Employee Discount – Federal government employees could provide a small rate reduction with a few auto insurance companies.
- Driver’s Education for Students – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers complete a driver education course as it can save substantially.
- Online Discount – Some of the larger companies will give you a small discount for completing your application online.
- Distant College Student Discount – College-age children who live away from home to go to college and do not take a car to college may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts up to 30%.
- Discount for Good Grades – A discount for being a good student may save you up to 25%. You can use this discount normally well after school through age 25.
- Buy New and Save – Buying a new car model can cost up to 25% less since newer vehicles are generally safer.
One thing to note about discounts is that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Even though it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, it just doesn’t work that way.
The example below shows the difference between Honda Insight car insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the rates. The price estimates are based on a male driver, no claims, a clean driving record, Florida state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, claim-free, marriage, safe-driver, multi-policy, and homeowner discounts applied.
Some of the insurance companies that have these money-saving discounts possibly include:
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Farmers Insurance
- Auto-Owners Insurance
Before buying, ask every insurance company which discounts they offer. A few discounts may not be offered in your state. To choose providers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Florida, click here to view.
Why you need car insurance
Despite the high cost, buying car insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
First, most states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your car, it’s most likely the lender will stipulate that you buy insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Honda for a lot more money and force you to reimburse them the higher premium.
Third, car insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your assets. It will also cover medical bills for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your car insurance policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially if you ever need it. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver overpays as much as $869 every year so it’s important to compare rates every year to save money.
Are insurance agents obsolete?
Certain consumers prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that can be a smart move Good insurance agents can answer important questions and help you file claims. One of the benefits of comparing auto insurance online is you may find the lowest rates and still have a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your information is sent to local insurance agents who will return price quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You won’t need to find an agent on your own since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. If you want to get a price quote from a specific company, just go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Finding a good company shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
When finding a local Orlando insurance agent, there are a couple of types of agencies and how they function. Auto insurance agencies can either be exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both write auto insurance policies, but it’s a good idea to understand the difference between them since it may influence the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive have only one company to place business with and some examples include Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. These agents are not able to compare other company’s rates so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive insurance agents are well trained on sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
The following are Orlando exclusive agencies that are able to give rate quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel do not have single company limitations so as a result can place your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If prices rise, your agent can switch companies and you can keep the same agent. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you will definitely want to include multiple independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agents in Orlando who can help you get price quote information.
National Insurance Agencies
1005 N Pine Hills Rd – Orlando, FL 32808 – (407) 480-5521 – View Map
Budget Insurance Agency
5574 N Orange Blossom Trail – Orlando, FL 32808 – (321) 270-6385 – View Map