It’s shocking but most auto insurance customers have stayed with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared rate quotes at all. Orlando drivers could pocket as much as $1,126 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but most undervalue the actual amount they would save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to get more affordable Acura TLX insurance is to start comparing prices yearly from companies who sell insurance in Orlando. Rate comparisons can be done by completing these steps.
Step 1: Gain an understanding of auto insurance and the measures you can control to lower rates. Many things that result in higher prices like tickets, at-fault accidents, and your credit history can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Read the full article for additional tips to get affordable coverage and get bigger discounts.
Step 2: Request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers. Compare rates now
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing rates and see if there is a cheaper rate in Orlando. If you find better rates and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
Step 4: Give proper notification to your current agent or company to cancel the current policy. Submit the completed application along with a down payment to the new company. Once the paperwork is finalized, keep your new certificate verifying coverage with the vehicle registration.
The most important part of shopping around is to try to compare identical coverage information on each price quote and and to get rates from all possible companies. Doing this enables a fair price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Choosing the most cost-effective car insurance policy in Orlando is actually quite simple. If you are already insured or just want cheaper coverage, use these cost-cutting techniques to shop for the lowest rates while maximizing coverage. Shoppers just need to understand the tricks to compare rates online.
Take policy discounts and save on Acura TLX insurance in Orlando
Insurance is expensive, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Certain credits will be shown at quote time, but lesser-known reductions have to be manually applied before they will apply. If you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could qualify for a slight premium decrease with some insurance companies.
- Clubs and Organizations – Joining a civic or occupational organization in Orlando can get you a small discount on your bill.
- Anti-theft Discount – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are stolen less frequently and will qualify for a discount on a Orlando auto insurance quote.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Options like air bags or automatic seat belts may get savings of 20% or more.
- No Claim Discounts – Insureds with no claims or accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Orlando auto insurance quote compared to drivers who are more careless.
A little note about advertised discounts, some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Despite the appearance that all those discounts means the company will pay you, it’s just not the way it works.
A few of the larger companies and a selection of discounts are included below.
- Farm Bureau may include discounts for youthful driver, driver training, renewal discount, safe driver, and multi-policy.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts for preferred payment discount, newly retired, teen driver discount, newly married, new graduate, and exclusive group savings.
- State Farm includes discounts for multiple policy, Steer Clear safe driver discount, driver’s education, accident-free, Drive Safe & Save, good student, and good driver.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may have discounts that include student away at school, teen driver, mature driver, anti-theft, group or association, multi-policy, and paperless.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including good student, air bags, driver training, military active duty, multi-policy, and emergency military deployment.
- SAFECO has savings for safe driver, multi-car, homeowner, teen safe driver, drive less, bundle discounts, and accident prevention training.
If you need affordable Orlando auto insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering to apply every possible discount. All car insurance discounts might not apply in Orlando. To locate insurers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Orlando, click here to view.
The following companies can provide price quotes in Orlando, FL. If you want to find cheaper auto insurance in Florida, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can to get the lowest price.
Smart Consumers Save Every Year
Lots of factors are taken into consideration when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are pretty understandable like an MVR report, but some are not as apparent like your continuous coverage or how safe your car is. Consumers need to have an understanding of the different types of things that go into determining your policy premiums. When you understand what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make good choices that can earn you much lower annual insurance costs.
The itemized list below are some of the factors used by companies to determine your rate level.
Urban areas may pay more – Residing in less populated areas can save you money when it comes to car insurance. Fewer people means fewer accidents. Drivers who live in large Florida cities regularly have more aggressive driving styles and more time behind the wheel. Higher commute times means higher likelihood of an accident.
Gender and insurance costs – Over time, data shows women are more cautious behind the wheel. Now that doesn’t mean men are WORSE drivers than women. They both have auto accidents in similar percentages, but the men get into accidents with more damage. Not only that, but men also get higher numbers of serious violations such as reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 generally have the highest accident percentage so it costs more to insure them.
Avoid tickets and save – Being a careful driver impacts premiums far more than you think. Just one moving violation could increase your next policy renewal substantially. Careful drivers have lower premiums than bad drivers. Drivers who have gotten license-revoking violations like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may find that they have to to maintain a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to drive a vehicle legally.
An active car insurance claims history can cost you – Car insurance companies in Florida award the lowest premiums to people who do not file claims often. If you file a lot of claims you can look forward to much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for the large, substantial claims.
Vehicles with better crash test results cost less to insure – Safer cars tend to have lower insurance rates. Highly rated vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and fewer injuries means less claims paid which can result in lower premiums.
Acura TLX insurance loss statistics – Companies factor in insurance loss information in order to profitably underwrite each model. Models that statistically have a higher amount or frequency of claims will have higher premium rates.
The table below shows the collected loss data for Acura TLX vehicles. For each policy coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is equal to 100. Values that are 100 or less suggest a better than average loss history, while values that are above 100 point to more claims or an increased probability of a larger loss.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Acura TLX 4dr 2WD||90||75||97||93||74||77|
|Acura TLX 4dr 4WD||120||75|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Local insurance agents
Some people would prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is a smart decision Good insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and help submit paperwork. An additional benefit of comparing car insurance online is you can get cheaper auto insurance rates but also keep your business local.
By using this short form, your coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Orlando who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. You won’t even need to contact any agents due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to you. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a specific company, feel free to jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Finding a good insurance company should depend on more than just a cheap price. Some important questions to ask are:
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Florida?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Is there a local claims center in Orlando?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
Multiple types of auto insurance agents in Orlando
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from local Orlando agents, you should know the different types of agencies that you can select. Agencies in Orlando can be classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both can handle car insurance, but we need to point out the difference between them since it could factor into the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents can only write with one company such as State Farm, Allstate and AAA. They usually cannot compare rates from other companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agencies are usually well trained on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price. Drivers often buy from the same agent for years mostly because of the brand name rather than having low rates.
Below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Orlando willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Polette Hernandez Gardner
2606 E Robinson St – Orlando, FL 32803 – (407) 380-0083 – View Map
- Michael Moore – State Farm Insurance Agent
9161 Narcoossee Rd Ste 207 – Orlando, FL 32827 – (407) 208-9930 – View Map
- Lorenzo Hayward – State Farm Insurance Agent
5218 W Colonial Dr – Orlando, FL 32808 – (407) 299-4642 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent often have affiliation with several companies so they can quote policies through many companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they can switch companies in-house which makes it simple for you. If you need cheaper car insurance rates, you will definitely want to include price quotes from multiple independent agents to have the most options to choose from. They also have the ability to place coverage with companies that do not advertise much who may have lower rates.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Orlando who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Independent Insurance Agents
845 N Fern Creek Ave – Orlando, FL 32803 – (407) 898-0461 – View Map
- Floridian Insurance Agency
7316 E Colonial Dr – Orlando, FL 32807 – (407) 207-1616 – View Map
- Brightway Insurance
3548 S Orange Ave – Orlando, FL 32806 – (407) 816-3161 – View Map
Here’s why auto insurance is not optional
Despite the high insurance cost for a Acura TLX in Orlando, insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your TLX has a loan, it’s most likely the lender will make it mandatory that you buy full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Acura for a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance protects not only your Acura TLX but also your financial assets. It also can pay for most medical and hospital costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your auto insurance policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying auto insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly when you have a large claim. Unknowingly, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $825 a year so we recommend shopping around at every renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
More effort can pay off
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how to lower your Acura TLX insurance prices in Orlando. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from a lesser-known regional company.
Budget-friendly car insurance in Orlando is available online and from local agencies, so get free Orlando auto insurance quotes from both of them so you have a total pricing picture. A few companies may not offer online rate quotes and usually these small insurance companies prefer to sell through independent agents.
Drivers switch companies for a variety of reasons including poor customer service, unfair underwriting practices, policy non-renewal or even delays in paying claims. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a great new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
More tips and info about car insurance is available in the articles below:
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Who Has the Cheapest Orlando Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Under 25? (FAQ)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)