Amazingly, almost 70% of insureds in Florida renewed their policy with the same company for at least four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared rates to find cheaper insurance. With the average auto insurance premium being $1,847, U.S. drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year just by comparing rates, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to compare rates and save money.
The best way to get budget Lexus RX 400h insurance in Orlando is to start doing a yearly price comparison from insurance carriers in Florida.
- Step 1: Get a basic knowledge of how insurance works and the things you can change to keep rates down. Many rating factors that result in higher prices like traffic violations and poor credit history can be improved by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple insurance companies. Compare rates now
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Orlando. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Step 4: Notify your company or agent of your intent to cancel your current policy and submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to your new agent or company. Once the paperwork is finalized, place your new certificate verifying proof of insurance in your vehicle.
A tip to remember is to make sure you’re comparing identical deductibles and limits on every quote and and to get price estimates from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
The following companies are ready to provide free quotes in Florida. To buy cheap auto insurance in Orlando, we recommend you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Do I need special coverages?
When choosing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is unique.
For instance, these questions may help highlight if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Do I need to call my car insurance company before buying a new car?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Neighborhood agents and insurance
Many drivers prefer to talk to a local agent and that is a smart decision Good insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and help file insurance claims. An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get cheaper prices but still work with a licensed agent. Buying insurance from local insurance agents is definitely important in Orlando.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Orlando who want to provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to search for any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent instantly to you. If you wish to get a price quote from a particular provider, feel free to visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
Auto insurance agents in Orlando come in two varieties
If you’re trying to find a reliable insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents and how they can service your needs differently. Insurance agents in Orlando are categorized either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both can handle insurance, but it’s important to point out why they differ because it can impact the selection process.
Independent agencies are not restricted to one company so they can insure your vehicles with a variety of different insurance companies and find you the best rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, they can switch companies in-house and that require little work on your part. When comparison shopping, you should always include a few independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most also have access to lesser-known insurance companies which can be an advantage.
Shown below are Orlando independent agencies that can give you free insurance quotes.
- Gingerbread Insurance Agency
8000 S Orange Ave #201 – Orlando, FL 32809 – (407) 309-9949 – View Map
- Floridian Insurance Agency
7316 E Colonial Dr – Orlando, FL 32807 – (407) 207-1616 – View Map
- Brown and Brown Insurance Agency, Inc.
7009 Dr Phillips Blvd # 280 – Orlando, FL 32819 – (407) 843-7500 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only provide one company’s prices and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agencies are unable to place coverage with different providers so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are highly trained on their company’s products which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers sometimes choose to use an exclusive agent primarily because of the brand name and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agencies in Orlando that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Chris Vella – State Farm Insurance Agent
992 N Semoran Blvd – Orlando, FL 32807 – (407) 898-8836 – View Map
- Alfredo Ortega – State Farm Insurance Agent
1118 Manor Dr – Orlando, FL 32807 – (407) 249-9999 – View Map
- Rocco English – State Farm Insurance Agent
7536 Dr Phillips Blvd #320 – Orlando, FL 32819 – (407) 351-5353 – View Map
Choosing the best insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Florida?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
Best auto insurance in Florida
Finding the right insurer can be difficult considering how many choices you have in Florida. The ranking data in the lists below may help you decide which auto insurance companies to look at purchasing a policy from.
Top 10 Orlando Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- The General
- 21st Century