Having to pay for expensive auto insurance in Orlando can overdraw your checking account and make it tough to pay other bills. Doing a price comparison is an excellent way to tighten up your finances.
We don’t have to tell you that insurance companies don’t want policyholders to shop around. Insureds who shop around at least once a year will presumably buy a different policy because there is a good probability of finding good coverage at a lower price. A survey found that consumers who regularly compared rates saved as much as $3,450 over four years compared to other drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the lowest price for insurance is your objective, knowing how to get price quotes and compare car insurance can save time and make the process easier.
How to quote cheaper Lincoln Continental insurance in Orlando
The most effective way to find affordable auto insurance rates in Orlando is to compare quotes annually from different companies that sell auto insurance in Florida.
- Step 1: Read and learn about what is in your policy and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that result in higher prices such as inattentive driving and an unacceptable credit history can be rectified by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. This article gives additional tips to get better rates and find missing discounts.
- Step 2: Compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide prices from multiple sources.
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate and change companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Step 4: Notify your company or agent to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a down payment and signed policy application for the new coverage. Once the paperwork is finalized, place your new proof of insurance certificate with the vehicle registration.
The key thing to remember is to make sure you’re comparing similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote and and to get price quotes from every insurance company. Doing this provides the most accurate price comparison and a thorough price selection.
There is such a variety of insurers to purchase coverage from, and although it’s nice to have a choice, more options can take longer to find the best rates for Lincoln Continental insurance in Orlando.
Smart consumers take time to take a look at other company’s rates once or twice a year since insurance rates fluctuate regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the best rate on Lincoln Continental insurance in Orlando a year ago you may be paying too much now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the quickest way to get good coverage on Lincoln Continental insurance in Orlando at a lower rate.
Finding affordable policy in Orlando can be fairly easy. Basically, everyone who compares rates for insurance will probably find a lower-cost policy. Although Florida drivers do need to know the way companies market on the web.
Best companies for Lincoln Continental insurance
The auto insurance companies shown below provide price quotes in Orlando, FL. If your goal is to find the best car insurance in Orlando, FL, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Discounts for lower-cost car insurance rates
Companies that sell car insurance don’t list the complete list of policy discounts very clearly, so the list below details a few of the more common and also the more inconspicuous credits available to bring down your rates.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents could pay up to 40% less compared to accident prone drivers.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Early Payment Discounts – By making one initial payment rather than paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being deployed in the military could mean lower premium rates.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars and trucks with anti-lock braking systems can stop better under adverse conditions so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Government Employees – Having worked for a branch of the government could provide a small rate reduction with certain companies.
- Auto/Life Discount – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a discounted car insurance rate on car insurance if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Keeping the miles down on your Lincoln may enable drivers to earn substantially lower premium rates.
- Air Bag Discount – Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts of up to 25% or more.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Even though it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, it doesn’t quite work that way.
If you would like to see a list of insurers that provide some of the discounts listed above in Orlando, click here to view.
How to know if you need help
When buying insurance from an agent or online, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Each situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For example, these questions could help you determine if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- What does medical payments cover?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- Is my camper covered for physical damage?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Do I need an insurance agent?
Many people prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is OK! One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get lower premium rates but also keep your business local. And supporting local insurance agents is especially important in Orlando.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your information is submitted to companies in Orlando who will give you bids to get your business. You don’t have to leave your house since rate quotes are delivered directly to you. Get lower rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you want to compare rates from a specific insurance company, you would need to visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
If you want to buy insurance from a reliable insurance agent, there are two different types of agencies and how they function. Orlando agents can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Independent insurance agents do not sell for just one brand and that enables them to quote your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If you are not satisfied with one company, an independent agent can move your coverage and you won’t have to switch agencies.
If you are comparing insurance prices, you will want to get some free quotes from several independent insurance agents for maximum quote selection.
Listed below are Orlando independent agents who can help you get price quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates such as State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. They are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. These agents are usually quite knowledgeable on the products they sell which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Below is a list of exclusive agencies in Orlando that can give you rate quotes.
Jim Daniels – State Farm Insurance Agent
4759 S Conway Rd – Orlando, FL 32812 – (407) 855-6791 – View Map
Deciding on an auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- How long have they been in business?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
Once you have good answers for all questions you ask and an affordable coverage quote, chances are good that you have found an auto insurance agent that can insure your vehicles. Just understand that you have the power to cancel a policy any time you want so never feel that you are obligated to a policy for a certain time period.
Best auto insurance company in Florida
Finding the highest-rated auto insurance provider can be rather challenging considering how many companies there are in Florida. The rank data below may help you analyze which car insurance providers you want to consider comparing prices from.
Top 10 Orlando Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Nationwide – A+
Top 10 Orlando Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- The General
- 21st Century
Persistent drivers can save
Some companies don’t offer price quotes online and many times these smaller providers prefer to sell through independent agencies. Lower-priced Lincoln Continental insurance in Orlando can be sourced on the web and from local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to get a complete price analysis.
You just read many tips how you can save on Lincoln Continental insurance in Orlando. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better likelihood of getting the cheapest Lincoln Continental rate quotes. You may even find the most savings is with some of the smallest insurance companies. They can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than their larger competitors like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
When getting Orlando auto insurance quotes online, it’s very important that you do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There are many occasions where an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to discover later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The goal is to get the best coverage possible at the best price and still be able to protect your assets.
How to save on Lincoln Continental insurance in Orlando
Truthfully, the best way to quote cheaper Lincoln Continental insurance in Orlando is to compare prices annually from insurance carriers that sell auto insurance in Florida. Rates can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Read and learn about what is in your policy and the things you can change to keep rates in check. Many things that result in higher rates like high-risk driving behaviors and a poor credit rating can be remedied by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from multiple sources. View rates
- Compare the quotes to your existing policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you can save money and change companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
The key aspect of shopping around is that you use similar coverage information on every quote and to quote with every insurance company. Doing this provides a level playing field and many rates to choose from.
For more information, link through to these articles:
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Subaru Impreza in Orlando? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)