If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get cheaper Pontiac Solstice insurance in Orlando is to compare quotes annually from providers who sell insurance in Florida.
First, try to understand the different coverages in a policy and the measures you can control to prevent high rates. Many risk factors that drive up the price such as accidents, traffic tickets, and an unacceptable credit score can be improved by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. This article provides the details to prevent expensive rate increases and find missing discounts.
Second, compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple companies.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save some money, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
Fourth, tell your current agent or company to cancel your current policy. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application for your new policy. Once received, keep your new proof of insurance paperwork in your glove compartment.
One thing to point out is to make sure you’re comparing the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to look at as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this guarantees an accurate price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
Sad but true, nearly 70% of consumers kept their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never compared rates with other companies. With the average premium in the United States being $1,847, drivers could save approximately $850 each year by just comparing quotes, but most just don’t grasp the big savings they would realize if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
Our goal is to introduce you to how to compare rates easily and some tips to save money. If you’re already insured, you should be able to get lower rates using the techniques covered below. Drivers just need to learn the tricks to get comparison rates on the web.
Companies offering Pontiac Solstice insurance in Orlando
The companies shown below offer price quotes in Florida. If you want to find the cheapest auto insurance in FL, we recommend you get price quotes from several of them to get the cheapest price.
Cheap Pontiac Solstice insurance quotes in Orlando
Car insurance companies don’t always list the complete list of policy discounts very well, so here is a list some of the more common and the harder-to-find auto insurance savings.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Some insurance companies reward drivers for signing up before your current Solstice insurance policy expires. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being on active deployment in the military could be rewarded with lower premium rates.
- Save over 55 – Mature drivers can get a slight reduction on a Orlando car insurance quote.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can stop better under adverse conditions so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Multiple Vehicles – Drivers who insure multiple vehicles with the same company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a vehicle that is new can save you some money because new vehicles are generally safer.
- Orlando Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a home in Orlando can help you save on auto insurance since owning and maintaining a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- No Accidents – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims pay much less when compared to drivers who are more careless.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Just because it seems like you could get a free auto insurance policy, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
A few popular companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are detailed below.
- Progressive has discounts for homeowner, online signing, good student, continuous coverage, and multi-vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for mature driver, electronic funds transfer, switch companies, bundle discounts, distant student, and teen driver.
- Farm Bureau may offer discounts for driver training, youthful driver, multi-policy, good student, 55 and retired, multi-vehicle, and safe driver.
- State Farm discounts include multiple autos, defensive driving training, accident-free, Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, good student, and anti-theft.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, membership and employees, good student, anti-theft, and five-year accident-free.
- SAFECO offers discounts including safe driver, teen safety rewards, anti-theft, multi-car, and homeowner.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for newly retired, newly married, exclusive group savings, multi-car, and teen driver discount.
If you need lower rates, check with every prospective company how many discounts you can get. Some discounts may not apply everywhere. For a list of companies who offer cheap Pontiac Solstice insurance quotes in Orlando, follow this link.
Auto insurance is unique, just like you
Always remember that when buying coverage, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Every situation is different.
These are some specific questions might help in determining whether you might need professional guidance.
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Can I cancel at any time?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- If I use my vehicle for business use is it covered?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
Compare rate quotes but buy from a local Orlando insurance agent
Some consumers prefer to buy from a local agent and that is a personal choice. Professional agents will help you protect your assets and help submit paperwork. An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is you may find lower premium rates but also keep your business local. Buying from and supporting local insurance agencies is important especially in Orlando.
By using this short form, your insurance coverage information is sent to companies in Orlando who will gladly provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to do any legwork due to the fact that quote results will go straight to your inbox. If you want to get a rate quote from a specific auto insurance provider, just navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Independent or Exclusive: It’s your choice
If you are wanting to find a local Orlando insurance agent, there are a couple of types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Auto insurance policy providers are considered either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either type can provide auto insurance policies, but it’s a good idea to understand the subtle differences because it may have an impact on the kind of agent you use.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies are not limited to a single company so they can write business with a variety of different insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If you want to switch companies, your policy is moved internally and you stay with the same agent. When comparing rates, it’s a good idea to get quotes from at least one independent agent to maximize your price options.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Orlando who may be able to give you free rate quotes.
Sikes Insurance Agency Inc
5145 Curry Ford Rd – Orlando, FL 32812 – (407) 282-5145 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include Farmers Insurance and State Farm. They are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are well schooled on their company’s products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Shown below are Orlando exclusive agencies that can give you comparison quotes.
Deciding on an insurance agency requires you to look at more than just the price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- How many companies do they write for?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Orlando?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
If you feel you receive positive feedback to all your questions and affordable Pontiac Solstice insurance rates in Orlando quotes, you may have just found an auto insurance agent that can properly service your auto insurance policy.
Specifics of your insurance policy
Understanding the coverages of insurance can help you determine which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Insurance for medical payments
Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for bills such as dental work, hospital visits and rehabilitation expenses. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Auto collision coverage
Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your Solstice caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against things like rolling your car, hitting a mailbox, driving through your garage door and crashing into a ditch. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible on your Solstice to save money on collision insurance.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (10/20/10 in Florida), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Normally these limits are set the same as your liability limits.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
This will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as falling objects, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and theft. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Liability auto insurance
This can cover damage that occurs to people or other property that is your fault. It protects you from legal claims by others. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see values of 10/20/10 which stand for a $10,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $20,000, and a total limit of $10,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Occasionally you may see one number which is a combined single limit which combines the three limits into one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage pays for claims like medical expenses, loss of income, attorney fees, court costs and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but buy as high a limit as you can afford. Florida requires drivers to carry at least 10/20/10 but you should think about purchasing higher limits.
The illustration below demonstrates why low liability limits may not be high enough to cover claims.
Insureds who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including unfair underwriting practices, extreme rates for teen drivers, high rates after DUI convictions or high prices. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
Budget-conscious Pontiac Solstice insurance is available both online as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. A few companies do not offer rate quotes online and most of the time these small, regional companies prefer to sell through independent agencies.
In this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to lower your Pontiac Solstice insurance car insurance rates in Orlando. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding affordable Pontiac Solstice insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the best price on auto insurance is with the smaller companies.