Unimaginable but true, the vast majority of consumers have remained with the same auto insurance company for well over three years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared rates with other companies. Many drivers in Orlando could save almost 55% each year by just shopping around, but they just don’t understand how much they could save if they switched to a cheaper policy.
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get affordable Dodge Avenger insurance in Orlando is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from providers who can sell car insurance in Florida. Rates can be compared by following these steps.
First, take a little time to learn about auto insurance and the factors you can control to prevent high rates. Many policy risk factors that are responsible for high rates like tickets, at-fault accidents, and a bad credit score can be amended by paying attention to minor details.
Second, compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote prices for a wide range of companies.
Third, compare the new quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a better price and buy the policy, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
Fourth, give notification to your current company of your decision to cancel the current policy and submit a completed application and payment to the new company. Don’t forget to place the new proof of insurance certificate in an easily accessible location.
An essential thing to point out is that you’ll want to compare identical coverage information on every quote request and and to get rates from as many car insurance companies as possible. This helps ensure a fair price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Score discounts on Orlando car insurance
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you might be missing out on some discounts that can help lower your rates. A few discounts will be applied at quote time, but some may not be applied and must be specifically requested before they will apply. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you could be saving more on your car insurance.
- Payment Method – If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than paying in monthly installments you may reduce your total bill.
- Own a Home – Simply owning a home can get you a discount because maintaining a house means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low mileage vehicles can qualify you for lower car insurance rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company you could earn a discount of up to 20% and get you cheaper Avenger insurance.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems help deter theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
Consumers should know that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So when the math indicates all those discounts means the company will pay you, it doesn’t quite work that way.
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Dodge Avenger insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the premium. Data assumes a female driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, Florida state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, marriage, safe-driver, and multi-car discounts applied.
Larger car insurance companies and their offered discounts are included below.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts for safe driver, good student, multi-policy, renewal discount, driver training, and multi-vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual has discounts for newly retired, teen driver discount, new graduate, new move discount, preferred payment discount, and hybrid vehicle.
- State Farm includes discounts for student away at school, defensive driving training, good student, safe vehicle, and passive restraint.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may offer discounts for anti-lock brakes, paperless, anti-theft, teen driver, and group or association.
- GEICO offers discounts including emergency military deployment, multi-vehicle, defensive driver, membership and employees, federal employee, anti-lock brakes, and military active duty.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include accident prevention training, homeowner, bundle discounts, multi-car, and teen safe driver.
If you need lower rates, check with each insurance company which credits you are entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be offered in your state. For a list of companies with discount rates in Florida, follow this link.
Getting a low cost price on Dodge Avenger insurance isn’t really that difficult. All that’s required is to spend a few minutes comparing rates to find the company with low cost Orlando car insurance quotes.
The companies in the list below can provide free rate quotes in Orlando, FL. If your goal is to find cheap car insurance in Florida, we suggest you get prices from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Auto insurance data for a Dodge Avenger
The premium information displayed next outlines a range of insurance rates for Dodge Avenger models. Learning how insurance policy rates are determined can help drivers make decisions on the best policy coverages.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, and claim-free. Estimates do not factor in specific Orlando garaging location which can impact auto insurance rates considerably.
Lower Your Orlando Insurance Costs
Consumers need to have an understanding of a few of the rating criteria that play a part in calculating your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can earn you lower premium levels.
The list below includes most of the major factors used by insurance companies to determine prices.
- Having a spouse is a bonus – Having a significant other helps lower the price compared to being single. Having a spouse is viewed as being more responsible and it’s statistically proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
Careless drivers pay higher rates – Attentive drivers get better prices than people who have multiple driving citations. Having a single speeding ticket or other violation could increase your next policy renewal twenty percent or more. Drivers with multiple tickets like DUI or willful reckless driving may find they need to file a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to drive a vehicle legally.
The information below shows how traffic citations and at-fault fender-benders influence Dodge Avenger premium costs for each different age group. The premiums assume a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
- Theft deterrents save – Owning a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Theft prevention devices like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system can thwart auto theft and help lower rates.
Do men or women drive better? – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that females tend to be a little less risky than males. However, this does not mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Men and women cause accidents in similar numbers, but the male of the species cause more damage. Not only are claims higher, but men have more aggressive citations such as reckless driving. Males from age 16 to 21 generally have the highest accident percentage and thus pay the highest rates.
The information below shows the comparison of Dodge Avenger auto insurance rates for male and female drivers. The information is based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, single status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
- Lower premiums for vehicles with better crash test results – Safe vehicles tend to have better insurance rates. Safer cars result in less severe injuries and fewer injuries means less claims paid and lower rates for you. If your Dodge Avenger has at least four stars on Safercar.gov you may pay a lower rate.
- Add-on coverages that may not be needed – Policies have add-on coverages that may not really be needed on your Avenger policy. Insurance for things like vanishing deductibles, accident forgiveness, and Farm Bureau memberships could be just wasting money. The coverages may be enticing when deciding what coverages you need, but if they’re wasting money eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
How old are your drivers? – Drivers with little experience are statistically shown to be careless and easily distracted when driving with friends so they pay higher insurance rates. If you’ve ever had to add a beginning driver to your policy can cause a big jump in price. Older drivers are more cautious drivers, are lower risk to insure, and usually have better credit.
The next chart uses these variables: single driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Local agents and auto insurance
A lot of people would prefer to visit with an insurance agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Professional agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help file insurance claims. One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is that you can obtain better rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from neighborhood agents is important particularly in Orlando.
After completing this form (opens in new window), the coverage information gets sent to insurance agents in Orlando who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to leave your computer because prices are sent to you directly. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a specific company, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Best auto insurance agent in Orlando
If you would like to find a good insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies and how they work. Auto insurance agents are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both types can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s important to know the subtle differences because it can influence which agent you choose.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent are not restricted to one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many different auto insurance companies and find you the best rates. If you want to switch companies, the business is moved internally without you having to go to a different agency.
When shopping rates, we highly recommend that you get rate quotes from independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Most have the option of insuring with lesser-known insurance companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Orlando that may be able to give free rate quotes.
- JCJ Insurance Agency LLC
2208 Hillcrest St – Orlando, FL 32803 – (321) 445-1117 – View Map
- Collins Insurance Agency, Inc.
522 E Colonial Dr – Orlando, FL 32803 – (407) 423-8345 – View Map
- Brightway Insurance, The Ourso Agency
4100 Edgewater Dr – Orlando, FL 32804 – (407) 901-0040 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents of this type are contracted to one company and examples are AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. They receive extensive training on their company’s products which helps them compete with independent agents. A lot of people buy insurance from these agents partially due to the brand instead of buying on price only.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agents in Orlando that are able to give price quotes.
- Mike Broschart – State Farm Insurance Agent
4638 S Kirkman Rd – Orlando, FL 32811 – (407) 298-2700 – View Map
- Terri Marshall – State Farm Insurance Agent
5555 E Michigan St #104 – Orlando, FL 32822 – (407) 380-5689 – View Map
- Andy Phillips – State Farm Insurance Agent
7608 W Sand Lake Rd – Orlando, FL 32819 – (407) 354-1320 – View Map
Finding a good insurance agent should include more criteria than just the price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Orlando?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Florida?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
Buying the right Dodge Avenger insurance in Florida is an important decision
Even though Orlando Avenger insurance rates can get expensive, insurance is required in Florida but it also protects you in many ways.
First, almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your Avenger has a loan, almost every bank will force you to have comprehensive coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may insure your Dodge at a much higher premium rate and force you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
Third, insurance safeguards both your car and your personal assets. It also can pay for most medical and hospital costs incurred in an accident. Liability insurance also covers legal expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your insurance policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having insurance outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. Today the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $820 a year so compare rates once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are competitive.
Don’t give up on cheap rates
In this article, we presented a lot of ways to reduce Dodge Avenger insurance premium rates online in Orlando. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the lowest premium rates come from a small mutual company.
While you’re price shopping online, make sure you don’t buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In too many instances, someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your goal is to buy enough coverage for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
Drivers switch companies for any number of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, high prices, denial of a claim or even policy non-renewal. It doesn’t matter what your reason, switching companies can be pretty painless.
For more information, take a look at the resources below:
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for 4×4 Vehicles in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for a Jeep Wrangler in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Low Mileage Drivers in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Orlando Car Insurance for 17 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)