If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get low-cost car insurance rates in Orlando is to do an annual price comparison from insurers who sell auto insurance in Florida. Rates can be compared by completing these steps.
- Step 1: It will benefit you to learn about how companies set rates and the things you can control to keep rates in check. Many factors that result in higher rates such as at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a bad credit score can be controlled by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple sources. Get quotes now
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate quote and make a switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Provide notification to your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your current coverage and submit payment and a signed application to the new company. As soon as you can, keep your new certificate of insurance somewhere easily accessible.
The key aspect of shopping around is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get quotes from every insurance company. Doing this helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete rate analysis.
A recent car insurance study discovered that most car insurance policyholders in Florida have bought car insurance from the same company for over three years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared quotes from other companies. American insurance shoppers could save themselves up to $850 a year, but most undervalue the rate savings if they just switched companies.
Best Toyota Rav4 Hybrid insurance rates in Florida
The following companies are our best choices to provide price quotes in Orlando, FL. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you get rates from several of them to get the cheapest price.
Lower Your Orlando Insurance Costs
Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning the rating factors that are used to determine your premiums. If you know what determines base rates, this allows you to make good choices that could result in lower premium levels.
Listed below are just a few of the factors that factor into prices.
- Save money by having multiple policies – Most companies afford better rates to insureds that have more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, you may still want to compare other company rates to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
- Optional features impact auto insurance rates – Choosing to buy a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can save you a little every year. Anti-theft features like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all hinder auto theft.
- Do you really need to file those policy claims? – If you file claims often, you should expect increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Auto insurance companies in Florida give lower rates to policyholders who are not frequent claim filers. Insurance coverage is designed for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Cars with good safety ratings save money – Vehicles with good safety scores get lower rates. The safest vehicles reduce occupant injuries and any reduction in injury severity translates directly to fewer claims and lower rates for you. If your Toyota Rav4 Hybrid is rated at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may pay a lower rate.
- Pay more if you have a long commute – Living in less populated areas is a good thing if you are looking for the lowest rates. People who live in big cities tend to have more traffic problems and much longer commute distances. Fewer drivers and short commutes means reduced accidents and a lower car theft rate.
- Driving citations increase rates – Your driving record influences premium rates substantially. Careful drivers get better prices as compared to careless drivers. Having a single moving violation can increase rates twenty percent or more. Drivers unfortunate enough to have severe violations such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding might be required by their state to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state’s licensing department in order to continue driving.
- Is insurance cheaper for men or women? – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that women are safer drivers than men. This data doesn’t prove that women are BETTER drivers than men. Males and females get in at-fault accidents at about the same rate, but the men have costlier accidents. Men also get higher numbers of serious violations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Youthful male drivers are several times more likely to be in an accident and therefore have the most expensive auto insurance rates.
- Fast cars cost more to insure – The performance level of the car, truck or SUV you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a huge difference in your car insurance bill. Low performance passenger cars receive the most favorable rates, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
Get discounts to get affordable Orlando insurance rates
Insurance is expensive, but you might be missing out on some discounts that can help lower your rates. A few discounts will automatically apply when you purchase, but a few must be requested specifically in order for you to get them.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents could pay up to 40% less than less cautious drivers.
- Good Student Discount – Performing well in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you well after school through age 25.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Insuring a vehicle that is new may earn a small discount compared to insuring an older model.
- No Claims – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay less when compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Select insurance carriers reward you with a small discount if you purchase some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a deployed family member could be rewarded with lower insurance rates.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Buying insurance for more than one vehicle with the same insurance company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Telematics Data – Insureds who allow their company to look at vehicle usage by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive might get better premium rates if they show good driving skills.
- Passive Restraints – Factory air bags can receive discounts of more than 20%.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Driving less can earn lower premium rates on the low mileage vehicles.
It’s important to understand that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So when the math indicates you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Larger insurance companies and a selection of discounts are:
- Farm Bureau discounts include good student, driver training, renewal discount, 55 and retired, multi-vehicle, and safe driver.
- State Farm includes discounts for anti-theft, Drive Safe & Save, good student, multiple autos, driver’s education, student away at school, and multiple policy.
- Progressive offers discounts including continuous coverage, good student, multi-vehicle, homeowner, online quote discount, online signing, and multi-policy.
- Allstate policyholders can earn discounts including auto/life discount, new car, premier discount, anti-theft, premier plus, safe driver, and early signing.
- Nationwide may include discounts for multi-policy, anti-theft, business or organization, good student, defensive driving, Farm Bureau membership, and accident-free.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for accident-free, claim-free, defensive driver, good student, and multi-policy.
Double check with every prospective company which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policyholders in Orlando.
Can’t I get rate quotes from local Orlando insurance agents?
Some people would prefer to talk to an insurance agent and there is nothing wrong with that. The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find better rates but also keep your business local.
After filling out this short form, your insurance data is submitted to participating agents in Orlando who will gladly provide quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to contact an agency because prices are sent instantly to you. You’ll get the best rates without requiring a lot of work. If you need to compare rates from a particular provider, feel free to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Choosing an company is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- How long have they been in business?
Best auto insurance agent in Orlando
When researching local Orlando agents, there are two different agency structures that you can choose from. Agents in Orlando may be either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel can only quote rates from one company and some examples include State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products which can be an advantage.
Shown below are Orlando exclusive insurance agents willing to provide rate quotes.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent are not employed by any specific company so they can insure your vehicles with lots of companies depending on which coverage is best. If premiums increase, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don’t have to do anything. When comparing auto insurance rates, you definitely need to check rates from at least one independent agent to have the most options to choose from.
Shown below are Orlando independent agents willing to provide rate quotes.
After you get good answers to all your questions as well as an affordable premium quote, it’s possible that you found an insurance agent that can be relied on to provide auto insurance coverage.
Ratings for Florida auto insurance companies
Ending up with a high-quality auto insurance provider is difficult considering how many choices there are in Florida. The company rank data in the lists below could help you choose which car insurance companies you want to consider comparing prices from.
Top 10 Orlando Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
When quoting and comparing coverage online or from an agent, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Your financial needs are unique and your auto insurance should be unique as well.
These are some specific questions might help in determining whether your personal situation could use an agent’s help.
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- Can I cancel at any time?
- How much will a speeding ticket raise my rates?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Does my Toyota Rav4 Hybrid qualify for pleasure use?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Compare. Compare. Compare.
You just read some good ideas how you can get a better price on Toyota Rav4 Hybrid insurance in Orlando. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the most savings is with a smaller regional carrier. These smaller insurers often have lower prices on specific markets compared to the large companies like State Farm and Allstate.
When getting Orlando car insurance quotes online, it’s a bad idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many instances, an insured cut physical damage coverage and learned later they didn’t have enough coverage. Your objective should be to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Much more information about auto insurance in Florida is available at these links:
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Felons in Orlando? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Good Students in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Low Mileage Drivers in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)