It’s astonishing, but a large majority of drivers kept buying from the same company for over three years, and just under half have never compared quotes from other companies. Florida drivers could save an average of about $1,100 each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they think it’s difficult to find affordable insurance by shopping around.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find lower priced Ford Freestar insurance is to compare prices regularly from different companies that sell auto insurance in Orlando. Price quotes can be compared by following these steps.
- First, spend some time learning about how insurance works and the factors you can control to prevent rate increases. Many risk factors that drive up the price such as accidents, traffic tickets, and a lousy credit rating can be improved by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Later in this article we will cover tips to get cheaper rates and find discounts that may have been missed.
- Second, compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from many different companies. View a list of agents
- Third, compare the new rates to your current policy premium to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate and change companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
One bit of advice is to make sure you’re comparing the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to compare every company you can. This helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
If you are insured now or are just looking to switch companies, use these cost-cutting techniques to save money while maximizing coverage. Finding the cheapest auto insurance coverage in Orlando is much easier if you know where to start. You only have to learn the proper methods to compare prices online.
Save money on Ford Freestar insurance in Orlando with these discounts
Auto insurance is not inexpensive, but you may be missing some discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Certain discounts will be applied when you get a quote, but some may not be applied and must be manually applied before you get the savings.
- Pay Early and Save – By paying your policy upfront rather than paying monthly you may have a lower total premium amount.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS braking systems or traction control have fewer accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Organization Discounts – Participating in qualifying clubs or civic groups could qualify you for a break when getting a Orlando car insurance quote.
- Renewal Discounts – A few insurance companies allow discounts for switching to them before your current Freestar insurance policy expires. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- E-sign Discounts – Certain insurance companies give back up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up online.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a break if you buy some life insurance too.
- Good Student – Maintaining excellent grades can save 20 to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you well after school through age 25.
- Active Military Service – Being deployed with a military unit could mean lower auto insurance rates.
One thing to note about discounts is that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Just because you may think all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Auto insurance companies that may offer some of the discounts shown above possibly include:
When quoting, ask each company how many discounts you can get. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be available to policyholders in Orlando. To see a list of insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in Orlando, click here.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Orlando, FL. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
You may want advice from an insurance agency
Many people just want to sit down and talk to an agent and that can be a smart move Experienced insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and give you someone to call. The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is you can get the best rates and still have a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, the coverage information is emailed to participating agents in Orlando who can give free rate quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to search for any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, you can always search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right company requires more thought than just a cheap price. Any agent in Orlando should have no problem answering these questions:
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- How long have they been in business?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
Choose an insurance agent wisely
If you want a local Orlando insurance agent, you need to know there are two different types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Insurance agencies can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both can insure your vehicles properly, but it’s worth learning the differences since it can impact which type of agent you select.
These agents generally can only insure with one company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. These agents are not able to provide other company’s prices so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on their company’s products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Below are exclusive insurance agencies in Orlando who can help you get price quote information.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These agents are not restricted to one company and that allows them to write policies through many different insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can switch companies and you don’t have to do anything. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, it’s recommended you include price quotes from several independent agencies so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Shown below is a list of independent agents in Orlando that are able to give comparison quotes.
Persistence will pay off
Discount Ford Freestar insurance in Orlando can be bought from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Orlando, so get free Orlando car insurance quotes from both of them in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies may not have price quotes online and these smaller companies only sell coverage through independent agents.
You just read some good ideas how you can find cheap Ford Freestar insurance in Orlando. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may even discover the lowest prices are with the least-expected company. Regional companies may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments compared to the large companies like Allstate or State Farm.
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Orlando? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Low Credit Scores in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a Dodge Grand Caravan in Orlando? (FAQ)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)