A recent auto insurance study revealed that most auto insurance customers have purchased from the same company for more than four years, and nearly half have never compared rates from other carriers. With the average premium in Florida being $2,160, drivers can save almost 55% each year by just shopping around, but they won’t spend time to save money by comparing rate quotes.
If you want to save money, the best way to get affordable Mitsubishi Lancer insurance in Orlando is to compare prices annually from insurers who provide auto insurance in Florida. This can be done by following these guidelines.
- First, spend a few minutes and learn about how companies price auto insurance and the factors you can control to prevent high rates. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates like distracted driving and an unfavorable credit rating can be rectified by making minor changes to your lifestyle. This article provides instructions to get better rates and find discounts that you may qualify for.
- Second, obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes for many different companies. View insurance agents
- Third, compare the new quotes to your existing policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Orlando. If you find a better price and decide to switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Fourth, notify your company or agent to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to the new company. Once received, put the new certificate of insurance with the vehicle registration.
The critical component of shopping around is that you’ll want to compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get price quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this enables a level playing field and a complete selection of prices.
If you are paying for car insurance now, you will be able to find the best rates using the tips covered below. Finding affordable coverage in Orlando is actually quite easy if you know where to start. But Florida car owners need to learn how insurance companies price insurance differently because rates are impacted by many factors.
Mitsubishi Lancer coverage analysis
The data table shown below covers detailed analysis of prices for Mitsubishi Lancer models. Knowing how auto insurance prices are calculated can be of help when making smart choices when selecting a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Lancer Sportback GTS||$250||$464||$418||$24||$124||$1,280||$107|
|Lancer Sportback Ralliart||$276||$524||$418||$24||$124||$1,366||$114|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and multi-policy. Estimates do not factor in specific location which can decrease or increase rates significantly.
The diagram below shows how choosing a deductible and can influence Mitsubishi Lancer insurance rates for different age groups. The rate quotes are based on a married female driver, full coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
How Insurers Determine Mitsubishi Lancer Insurance Rates
Multiple criteria are used in the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like your driving record, but some are less obvious like where you live or your financial responsibility.
Which gender costs less? – The statistics show that females take fewer risks when driving. It does not mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Women and men tend to get into fender benders in similar percentages, but the men cause more damage. Men also statistically get higher numbers of serious violations like driving under the influence (DUI).
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Mitsubishi Lancer auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. Data assumes no claims, a clean driving record, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Save by driving less – The higher the miles on your Mitsubishi in a year’s time the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. A lot of insurance companies price each vehicle’s coverage partially by how you use the vehicle. Autos left parked in the garage get more affordable rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. An improperly rated Lancer may be costing you higher rates. Ask your agent if your auto insurance declarations sheet states how each vehicle is driven, because it can save money.
More performance means higher prices – The type of vehicle you drive makes a big difference in your premium level. Smaller low performance passenger vehicles generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
The next chart uses these variables: married female driver age 50, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It compares Mitsubishi Lancer car insurance rates compared to other vehicles that have different risk factors.
You might want pay the minor insurance claims yourself – If you file claims often, you can expect either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Car insurance companies in Florida give the best rates to policyholders that do not abuse their auto insurance. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for larger claims.
Use one insurance company and save – Some insurers allow a discount to people that have more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. The discount can add up to five, ten or even twenty percent. If you currently are using one company, consumers should still compare Mitsubishi Lancer rates in Orlando to ensure the best deal. Consumers may save even more than the discount by splitting coverages up.
Insurance loss data for Mitsubishi Lancer vehicles – Companies use past loss statistics for each vehicle to calculate a price that will offset losses. Vehicles that the data shows to have high amounts or severity of claims will cost more for coverage. The table below outlines the historical insurance loss data for Mitsubishi Lancer vehicles.
For each coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles combined as an average equals 100. Values that are 100 or less suggest a positive loss record, while values that are above 100 show a trend for more claims or statistically larger claims.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Mitsubishi Lancer 2WD||153||146||127||192||218||172|
|Mitsubishi Lancer 4WD||149||131||148||135|
|Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 4WD||225||123||221|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Shop smart and save
In this article, we presented a lot of ways to save on Mitsubishi Lancer insurance in Orlando. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding low cost Orlando car insurance quotes. You may even find the lowest prices are with some of the smallest insurance companies. Some small companies may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments than their larger competitors like Allstate or State Farm.
Some companies may not offer the ability to get a quote online and these regional carriers prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies. Cheap Mitsubishi Lancer insurance in Orlando is attainable both online in addition to many Orlando insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
Much more information about insurance in Florida can be read on the following sites:
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Orlando Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 50? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Teenagers in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Honda Civic in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Orlando Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford Fusion? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Orlando Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Malibu? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Uber Drivers in Orlando? (FAQ)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)