It’s an obvious assumption that insurance companies don’t want you to look for a cheaper policy. Consumers who rate shop once a year will most likely switch companies because there is a high probability of finding a policy with better rates. A recent auto insurance study revealed that drivers who shopped around saved about $3,500 over four years compared to those who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the cheapest rates on insurance is the reason you’re reading this, then knowing how to choose a company and compare cheaper coverage can make the process more efficient.
To save the most money, the best way to find low-cost prices for Subaru Baja insurance is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from companies who sell auto insurance in Orlando.
- Step 1: Read and learn about what is in your policy and the things you can change to keep rates down. Many things that cause rate increases such as careless driving and an unacceptable credit score can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide prices for many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Step 4: Give notification to your agent or company of your intention to cancel your existing policy and submit the application along with any required down payment to your new company or agent. Make sure you keep your new proof of insurance paperwork above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
One tip to remember is that you use the same coverage limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This provides a fair price comparison and the best rate selection.
Companies offering competitive Subaru Baja rates in Orlando, FL
The following companies can provide comparison quotes in Orlando, FL. If you want the best cheap auto insurance in Florida, we suggest you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Insurance rates and discounts
Insurance can be pricey, but you may find discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Certain discounts will be applied at the time you complete a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be inquired about before you get the savings. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you deserve, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Claim Free – Insureds with no claims or accidents can earn big discounts as opposed to policyholders that have many claims.
- Membership in Organizations – Joining qualifying employment or professional organizations is a simple method to lower premiums when getting a Orlando auto insurance quote.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Drivers that enable their insurance company to study when and where they use their vehicle by using a small device installed in their vehicle like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm might see lower rates as long as the data is positive.
- Military Deployment Discount – Having a deployed family member could trigger a small discount.
- Multiple Cars – Buying a policy with primary and secondary vehicles on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- No Charge for an Accident – This one is not really a discount per se, but some companies like State Farm and GEICO will turn a blind eye to one accident without getting socked with a rate hike if your claims history is clear before the accident.
We need to note that many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Some only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So even though it sounds like adding up those discounts means a free policy, that’s just not realistic.
Popular insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are outlined below.
- State Farm may offer discounts for good student, safe vehicle, anti-theft, good driver, defensive driving training, Drive Safe & Save, and multiple autos.
- GEICO has discounts for seat belt use, membership and employees, good student, daytime running lights, and military active duty.
- Allstate may have discounts that include resident student, FullPay discount, good student, premier discount, 55 and retired, farm vehicle, and premier plus.
- SAFECO has savings for multi-car, anti-theft, accident prevention training, teen safety rewards, teen safe driver, anti-lock brakes, and bundle discounts.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for 55 and retired, renewal discount, multi-policy, driver training, and safe driver.
- Progressive offers discounts for multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, online signing, and continuous coverage.
- AAA offers discounts including good student, multi-car, multi-policy, anti-theft, pay-in-full, education and occupation, and good driver.
If you need lower rates, check with every company how many discounts you can get. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policyholders in your state. To find providers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Florida, follow this link.
Get More Affordable Insurance Premiums by Understanding These Factors
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the factors that aid in calculating the price you pay for car insurance. If you know what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables informed choices that could result in lower premium levels. Lots of things are taken into consideration when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are pretty understandable like your driving record, but other criteria are not as apparent such as your marital status and annual miles driven.
Shown below are a few of the things companies use to determine rates.
- Teenagers vs. experienced drivers – More experienced drivers are shown to be more cautious, cost insurance companies less in claims, and are safer drivers. Teen drivers are proven to be careless and easily distracted with other occupants in the car therefore car insurance rates are much higher.
- Never let your car insurance policy lapse – Going without insurance is a fast way to bump up your car insurance costs. Not only will you pay higher rates, failure to provide proof of insurance will get you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
- Car insurance rates and your occupation – Occupations like lawyers, airline pilots, and miners usually pay the highest rates due to high stress and extremely grueling work hours. Other occupations like professors, athletes and the unemployed pay the least.
- Only buy extra policy coverages you need – Insurance policies have a lot of extra add-on coverages that sound like a good idea at the time if you aren’t careful. Coverage for things like replacement cost coverage, towing, and additional equipment coverage may not be needed and are just wasting money. They may seem good initially, but if they’re wasting money get rid of them and save.
- File insurance claims and pay more – If you frequently file small claims, you can expect much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Car insurance companies in Florida provide most affordable rates to people who do not file claims often. Your car insurance is intended for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
You may need specialized insurance coverage
When it comes to buying the best insurance coverage, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Your needs are unique to you and your insurance should unique, too.
For instance, these questions can help discover if you would benefit from professional advice.
- Do I have ACV or replacement cost coverage?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- What is the ISO rating for a Subaru Baja?
- Are my custom wheels covered?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Get rate quotes but still have a neighborhood Orlando auto insurance agent
Certain consumers still prefer to sit down with an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get cheap rate quotes and still choose a local agent.
Once you complete this quick form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents who will give competitive quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to leave your house as quotes are delivered to your email. You can get cheaper insurance rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you need to get a rate quote from a particular provider, feel free to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right insurance company should include more criteria than just the price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
Orlando auto insurance agents come in two flavors
If you are searching for a reliable insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the different agency structures and how they are slightly different. Agents can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can only place business with one company and some examples include AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. These agents are not able to provide rate quotes from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents are usually well trained in insurance sales which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Consumers often buy from the same agent for years primarily because of the prominence of the brand instead of buying on price only.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Orlando who can help you get price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance: Domingo Bravo
9330 Narcoossee Rd – Orlando, FL 32827 – (407) 281-6300 – View Map
- Jim Daniels – State Farm Insurance Agent
4759 S Conway Rd – Orlando, FL 32812 – (407) 855-6791 – View Map
- Mike Broschart – State Farm Insurance Agent
4638 S Kirkman Rd – Orlando, FL 32811 – (407) 298-2700 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agencies
These agents are not employed by one company so they have the ability to put coverage through lots of different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they find a cheaper price, they simply move the coverage in-house and you can keep the same agent.
If you need lower rates, we recommend you include rate quotes from several independent insurance agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Many independent agencies also insure through smaller companies which can be an advantage.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Orlando who can help you get price quote information.
- GreatFlorida Insurance – Don Greene
1300 N Semoran Blvd Suite 180 – Orlando, FL 32807 – (407) 894-6363 – View Map
- J Meyers Insurance Agency
5003 Old Cheney Hwy – Orlando, FL 32807 – (407) 273-0230 – View Map
- Collins Insurance Agency, Inc.
522 E Colonial Dr – Orlando, FL 32803 – (407) 423-8345 – View Map
Frequent quotes can save
Some car insurance companies do not provide the ability to get quotes online and many times these small insurance companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies. Budget-conscious Subaru Baja insurance can be bought on the web and also from your neighborhood Orlando agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
As you shop your coverage around, make sure you don’t skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are many occasions where an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best cost while still protecting your assets.
Additional information can be found below:
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Orlando Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford Fusion? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford Focus in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Handicapped Drivers in Orlando? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Ford Explorer in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Nurses in Orlando? (FAQ)
- How Much are Orlando Auto Insurance Quotes for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)