It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get affordable Volvo XC60 insurance is to annually compare prices from companies that insure vehicles in Orlando. This can be done by completing these steps.
- First, try to learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that cause high rates like multiple speeding tickets and an unacceptable credit rating can be amended by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. This article gives ideas to find cheap prices and find overlooked discounts.
- Second, obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Third, compare the quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Orlando. If you find a better price and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
One piece of advice is that you use similar deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to analyze every insurance company. Doing this ensures a fair rate comparison and a thorough price selection.
Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that most insurance buyers have purchased from the same company for a minimum of four years, and 38% of drivers have never quoted rates to find cheaper coverage. Florida insurance shoppers could cut their rates by roughly 55% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they underestimate the amount of money they would save if they moved their coverage to a different company.
Quoting and comparing the best insurance policy in Orlando is actually quite simple. If you have coverage now or just want to save money, you can use this information to get lower rates while maintaining coverages. Smart shoppers just need to understand the most efficient way to find the lowest price from multiple carriers.
Cheapest companies for Volvo XC60 insurance
The companies shown below provide price comparisons in Orlando, FL. If you want to find the best auto insurance in Florida, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Analysis of Volvo XC60 rates
The premium information displayed next covers detailed analysis of insurance rates for Volvo XC60 models. Learning more about how insurance policy rates are determined can help drivers make decisions when shopping around.
|XC60 3.2 2WD
|XC60 3.2 AWD
|XC60 T6 AWD AWD
|XC60 T6-R AWD AWD
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go
Data based on married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, and safe-driver. Rate quotes do not factor in your specific Orlando location which can influence premium rates greatly.
The illustration below highlights how deductible choice and can increase or decrease Volvo XC60 insurance rates for different age categories. Data assumes a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Illustration showing the impact of accidents and violations
The diagram below highlights how traffic violations and accidents impact Volvo XC60 insurance prices for different ages of insureds. The premium estimates are based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Does full coverage make sense?
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Volvo XC60 insurance costs when comparing full coverage to liability only. Data assumes a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Guidelines for eliminating full coverage
There is no definitive formula of when to phase out full coverage, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s pretend your Volvo XC60 replacement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company will settle for is $8,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying more than $800 a year for physical damage coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are some situations where only buying liability is not advised. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you have to keep full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not drop full coverage.
Get cheaper Volvo XC60 insurance in Orlando with discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t necessarily list all their discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below gives a summary of some of the more common as well as some of the hidden discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Orlando car insurance online. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount available, you could be getting lower rates.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Employees or retirees of the government could cut as much as 10% off depending on your car insurance provider.
- No Claim Discounts – Insureds with no claims or accidents can earn big discounts as opposed to drivers with a long claim history.
- Responsible Driver Discount – Insureds who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less than drivers with accidents.
- Renewal Discounts – Some companies give discounts for switching to them prior to your current XC60 insurance policy expiration. This can save 10% or more.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen with less frequency and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you can bundle your auto and homeowners insurance with one insurance company you could get a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- Clubs and Organizations – Having an affiliation with a qualifying organization could trigger savings on your next renewal.
Consumers should know that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though you would think all the discounts add up to a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
The example below illustrates the comparison of Volvo XC60 annual premium costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The premiums assume a female driver, no claims, a clean driving record, Florida state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, safe-driver, marriage, multi-policy, homeowner, and claim-free discounts applied.
To find insurers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Florida, follow this link.
Local agents and car insurance
Certain consumers still prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is not a bad decision Licensed agents are very good at helping people manage risk and will help you if you have claims. The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is you can get the best rates but also keep your business local. Buying from local agents is important particularly in Orlando.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is emailed to agents in your area who want to provide quotes for your business. You don’t have to do any legwork because quoted prices will be sent to you instantly. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, feel free to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
The type of auto insurance agent you choose is important
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from a local insurance agency, it helps to know the two types of agencies and how they function. Car insurance agents may be either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either one can insure your vehicles, but it is important to understand the differences because it can factor into the type of agent you choose.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies can quote rates with many companies so they can quote policies with many different companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If premiums increase, they simply switch companies in-house and you don’t have to find a new agent. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you should always include rate quotes from several independent agencies to have the most options to choose from. They often place coverage with small mutual carriers which can save you money.
Shown below is a small list of independent insurance agents in Orlando who may be able to give you rate quotes.
- Sikes Insurance Agency Inc
5145 Curry Ford Rd – Orlando, FL 32812 – (407) 282-5145 – View Map
- Brightway Insurance
3548 S Orange Ave – Orlando, FL 32806 – (407) 816-3161 – View Map
- Orlando Health Insurance Agent
7898 Canyon Lake Cir – Orlando, FL 32835 – (321) 446-6527 – View Map
These agents can only place business with one company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare other company’s rates so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on the products they sell and that can be a competitive advantage. Many people use the same agent partially due to the brand rather than having low rates.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Orlando that are able to give price quotes.
- Curtis Hunter – State Farm Insurance Agent
3354 Curry Ford Rd – Orlando, FL 32806 – (407) 898-0061 – View Map
- Rick Fowler – State Farm Insurance Agent
2700 Corrine Dr – Orlando, FL 32803 – (407) 897-8100 – View Map
- Leigh DelVesco – State Farm Insurance Agent
3806 Edgewater Dr – Orlando, FL 32804 – (407) 290-8544 – View Map
Finding a good auto insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a cheap price. These questions are important to ask:
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- How long has their agency been in business in Orlando?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Orlando?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
Car insurance coverage breakdown
Learning about specific coverages of car insurance can be of help when determining the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like hitting a bird, damage from a tornado or hurricane, fire damage and falling objects. The most your car insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Auto collision coverage
This will pay to fix damage to your XC60 resulting from colliding with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for things such as scraping a guard rail, driving through your garage door, backing into a parked car, colliding with a tree and hitting a parking meter. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to choose a higher deductible on your XC60 to get cheaper collision coverage.
Medical costs insurance
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for immediate expenses such as rehabilitation expenses, funeral costs and ambulance fees. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Coverage for liability
Liability coverage provides protection from damage or injury you incur to other people or property. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show liability limits of 10/20/10 that means you have $10,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $20,000, and a total limit of $10,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Occasionally you may see one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which limits claims to one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage protects against claims like court costs, bail bonds and emergency aid. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but consider buying higher limits if possible. Florida state law requires minimum liability limits of 10/20/10 but it’s recommended drivers buy more liability than the minimum.
The next chart shows why minimum state limits may not be adequate.
This coverage gives you protection when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family and damage to your Volvo XC60.
Since many Florida drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (10/20/10 in Florida), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Most of the time these coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Affordable car insurance premiums are possible
Drivers change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as being labeled a high risk driver, unfair underwriting practices, policy non-renewal or even extreme rates for teen drivers. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new car insurance company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
Cheaper car insurance in Orlando can be purchased from both online companies in addition to many Orlando insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to get a complete price analysis. There are still a few companies who may not offer internet price quotes and usually these smaller companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agents.
We covered many tips how you can get a better price on Volvo XC60 insurance in Orlando. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get premium rates for, the higher your chance of finding low cost Orlando car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with some of the smallest insurance companies.
Additional car insurance information is located at the links below
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much are Orlando Auto Insurance Rates for Homeowners? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Learners Permit in Orlando? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota Tundra in Orlando? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Safe Drivers in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Orlando Auto Insurance for Business Use? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Inexperienced Drivers in Orlando? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for State Employees in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Highlander in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)