Sad but true, about 70% of customers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for more than four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never even compared rates from other companies. Orlando drivers can save 55% each year just by shopping around, but they don’t believe the amount of savings they would get if they just switched companies.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to find affordable quotes for Ford C-Max Hybrid insurance in Orlando is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from insurers that insure vehicles in Florida.
- Learn about how companies set rates and the measures you can control to drop your rates. Many things that result in higher rates such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and poor credit history can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save some money, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide notification to your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your current coverage and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to your new insurance company. Immediately keep the new certificate verifying coverage with your vehicle’s registration.
One thing to remember is to use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every quote and and to get prices from as many companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
How to shop Ford C-Max Hybrid insurance online
To find the best car insurance rates, there are several ways to compare rate quotes from local Orlando car insurance companies. The easiest way to compare Ford C-Max Hybrid insurance prices is to jump online and get quotes.
Doing price comparisons online is so simple that it takes the place of having to make phone calls or go to different Orlando agent offices. Buying insurance online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you require the trained advice of a local agency. It is possible to comparison shop your insurance online but buy the policy through an agent.
When comparing car insurance rates, know that comparing more rates from different companies will increase your chances of finding lower pricing.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Orlando, FL. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get the most competitive price.
Three reasons car insurance is important
Despite the high insurance cost for a Ford C-Max Hybrid in Orlando, maintaining insurance is required in Florida but it also protects you in many ways.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability in order to be legal. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Ford, it’s guaranteed your bank will have a requirement that you buy full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Ford at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your vehicle. It also can pay for medical bills for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay for a defense attorney in the event you are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the cost, especially with large liability claims. According to a recent study, the average American driver is wasting up to $830 a year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Six Tips to Get Cheaper Orlando Insurance Rates
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the different types of things that are used to determine your policy premiums. If you understand what influences your rates, this allows you to make good choices that may reward you with cheaper rates.
- More policies can equal more savings – Most larger insurers will award better rates to customers that purchase more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can add up to ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even if you qualify for this discount already, drivers will still want to compare other Orlando C-Max Hybrid insurance rates to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. You may still save more without the discount even if you insure with multiple companies
- Big city or small town – Choosing to live in a rural area may provide you with better prices when buying insurance. Less people living in that area means a lower chance of having an accident and lower theft and vandalism rates. Drivers in populated Florida areas tend to have more aggressive driving styles and much longer commute distances. More time behind the wheel statistically corresponds to a higher accident and claim rate.
- Higher premiums for insurance policy lapses – Driving any period of time without insurance is against the law and you may have a hard time finding new coverage because you let your insurance lapse. And not only will insurance be more expensive, not being able to provide proof of insurance may earn you fines or a revoked license. You may have to file a SR-22 with the Florida motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Car insurance liability insurance limits – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance kicks in in the event that a jury decides you are liable for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. It will provide you with a defense in court which can cost a lot. This coverage is very inexpensive when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- Pay more for higher performance vehicles – The type of vehicle you drive makes a substantial difference in determining your rates. Low performance passenger cars generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
- High physical damage deductibles lower costs – Physical damage coverage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Some instances where coverage would apply are a broken side mirror, collision with an animal, and windstorm damage. Comp and collision deductibles are how much you are willing to pay if a covered claim is submitted. The higher the amount you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
Insurance loss statistics a Ford C-Max Hybrid – Car insurance companies use past insurance losses as a way to help calculate a profitable premium price. Vehicles that historically have increased losses will cost more to insure.
The table below illustrates the historical insurance loss data for Ford C-Max Hybrid vehicles. For each coverage category, the loss probability for all vehicles, as a total average, is represented as 100. Percentage numbers below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while numbers above 100 point to more frequent losses or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Ford C-Max Hybrid Insurance Claim Statistics Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford C-Max Hybrid 99 92 95 94 89 100BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Get cheaper Ford C-Max Hybrid insurance in Orlando with discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but there may be some discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Many discounts should be triggered when you get a quote, but some must be inquired about before you will receive the discount. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you may be paying too high a price.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Factory air bags or motorized seat belts may get savings of 20% or more.
- Student in College – College-age children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Orlando and do not take a car to college could qualify for this discount.
- Multiple Cars – Insuring multiple vehicles with the same company could earn a price break for each car.
- Orlando Homeowners Discount – Just owning your own home can earn you a little savings since owning and maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle up could save 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Discount for Good Grades – Being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. You can use this discount normally up to age 25.
- Defensive Driver – Successfully completing a course in defensive driver could earn you a small percentage discount if your company offers it.
- Federal Employees – Active or former government employment may reduce rates when you quote Orlando auto insurance with select insurance companies.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not really a discount, but a handful of insurance companies may permit one accident before raising your premiums if your claims history is clear for a particular time prior to the accident.
Please keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So despite the fact that it appears you could get a free auto insurance policy, you aren’t that lucky.
Large auto insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are:
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including Steer Clear safe driver discount, student away at school, good driver, anti-theft, good student, accident-free, and driver’s education.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for alternative fuel, teen driver, distant student, homeowner, bundle discounts, electronic funds transfer, and good student.
- GEICO has savings for defensive driver, military active duty, anti-lock brakes, multi-policy, emergency military deployment, seat belt use, and air bags.
- American Family may have discounts that include bundled insurance, multi-vehicle, Steer into Savings, accident-free, air bags, good student, and defensive driver.
- Nationwide may include discounts for good student, defensive driving, business or organization, easy pay, Farm Bureau membership, anti-theft, and multi-policy.
- Progressive offers discounts for multi-vehicle, online signing, continuous coverage, homeowner, good student, and online quote discount.
If you need affordable Orlando auto insurance quotes, ask every prospective company how you can save money. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be offered in every state. To see providers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Florida, click this link.
Different people need different car insurance coverages
When buying coverage, there really isn’t a best way to insure your cars. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s so this has to be addressed.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- Can I cancel at any time?
- What happens if I owe more than my Ford C-Max Hybrid is worth?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- What is an umbrella policy?
- Is a driver training discount available?
- Do they offer discounts for home and auto coverage?
- How much will a speeding ticket raise my rates?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Get rate quotes but work with a neighborhood Orlando auto insurance agent
Some consumers just want to talk to a local agent and that is a smart decision The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get cheap car insurance quotes but also keep your business local.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), the quote information is submitted to local insurance agents that can give you free Orlando auto insurance quotes for your car insurance coverage. There is no reason to find an agent on your own as quotes are delivered instantly to you. You can find the lowest rates without requiring a lot of work. If you wish to get a price quote from one company in particular, you just need to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Choosing the best provider requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
Not all car insurance agents are the same
If you are wanting to find a local Orlando insurance agent, it’s important to understand the types of agencies from which to choose. Car insurance agents are categorized either independent or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive normally can only provide a single company’s rates and examples are State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. They usually cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agencies are usually well trained on what they offer which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Below are Orlando exclusive agencies that can give you price quotes.
Agents in the independent channel do not work for one specific company and that gives them the ability to insure through lots of different companies and find you cheaper rates. If your agent finds better pricing, an independent agent can move your coverage and you won’t have to switch agencies.
If you need lower rates, we recommend you contact independent agents for maximum quote selection.
Listed below is a list of independent agents in Orlando who can help you get price quotes.
More effort can pay off
While you’re price shopping online, it’s not a good idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are many occasions where an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later that the savings was not a smart move. Your focus should be to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford, but do not skimp to save money.
In this article, we presented many ways to lower your Ford C-Max Hybrid insurance prices in Orlando. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Ford C-Max Hybrid insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest prices are with a small mutual company. Smaller companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates compared to the large companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
More detailed car insurance information is available at these sites:
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Orlando Car Insurance for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- How Much are Orlando Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with Bad Credit? (FAQ)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)