Unbelievable but true, nearly 70% of customers have bought insurance from the same company for more than four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared rates to find cheaper insurance. The average driver in Orlando can save about 55% each year just by shopping around, but most just don’t grasp how much money they would save if they switched.
The best way to get more affordable auto insurance rates in Orlando is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from different companies in Florida.
- Step 1: Try to comprehend how car insurance works and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases like inattentive driving and a bad credit score can be remedied by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Keep reading for additional ideas to keep prices down and get discounts that may be overlooked.
- Step 2: Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can quote rates for many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to your existing rates to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Give proper notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current coverage. Submit a signed application and payment to the new company. Don’t forget to put the certificate verifying proof of insurance in an accessible location in your vehicle.
One key aspect when comparing rates is that you’ll want to compare the same deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to compare every insurance company. This ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and many rates to choose from.
Buying the cheapest insurance in Orlando is really not that difficult. If you’re already insured, you will surely be able to lower your rates using the following tips. Although Florida vehicle owners should learn how the larger insurance companies price online insurance and use it to your advantage.
Most major insurance companies such as Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm provide insurance quotes on the web. Getting online quotes for Kia Soul insurance in Orlando is easy for anyone as you simply type in your required coverages into the form. Once entered, their rating system sends out for credit information and your driving record and generates a price based on the data you entered.
This makes comparing rates easy, and it’s also necessary to get many rate quotes if you want to find a better rate.
To get comparison pricing now, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you duplicate coverages and limits as close as possible to your current policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will have a price comparison using the exact same coverages.
The car insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Orlando, FL. If you want to find the best auto insurance in FL, we recommend you compare several of them to get the most affordable price.
Three good reasons to insure your Kia vehicle
Even though it can be expensive, paying for car insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Kia Soul, almost every bank will have a requirement that you have full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank will be required to insure your Kia at a much higher premium rate and require you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Kia Soul but also your financial assets. It also can pay for most medical and hospital costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your Kia gets damaged, your car insurance policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying car insurance outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is overpaying over $700 annually so shop around every year to make sure the price is not too high.
Rates and information analytics
The coverage information displayed below covers detailed analysis of insurance prices for Kia Soul models. Learning how car insurance premiums are formulated can benefit drivers when making decisions on which insurance to purchase.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and multi-policy. Premium costs do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can lower or raise coverage rates substantially.
The chart below demonstrates how deductible levels and can raise or lower Kia Soul yearly insurance costs for each age group. The premiums assume a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Bad driving habits will cost you more
The example below highlights how speeding tickets and at-fault fender-benders can impact Kia Soul annual premium costs for different age categories. Data assumes a married female driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Rate comparison of male drivers versus female drivers
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Kia Soul car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The data is based on no claims, a clean driving record, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Should you buy full coverage?
The information below shows the comparison of Kia Soul insurance costs when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The information is based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, single status, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to stop buying comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no set rule of when to exclude physical damage coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the yearly cost of full coverage is 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s pretend your Kia Soul settlement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $3,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying in excess of $300 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some situations where only buying liability is not advised. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you have to keep full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Auto insurance policy discounts for Kia Soul insurance in Orlando
Auto insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but there could be significant discounts that may help make it more affordable. Most are applied at the time you complete a quote, but some may not be applied and must be specially asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Seat Belts Save – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving can save 10% or more off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than drivers with accidents.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Mature drivers may be able to get a small discount on rates.
- Life Insurance – Not all companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a discount if you purchase life insurance.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Require your teen driver to successfully take a driver’s education course if offered at their school.
- College Student Discount – Any of your kids who live away from home at college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
- No Claim Discounts – Good drivers with no accidents have much lower rates in comparison to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
As is typical with insurance, most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
The information below compares Kia Soul yearly insurance costs with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The premiums assume a male driver, no claims or driving violations, Florida state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, marriage, claim-free, multi-car, multi-policy, and homeowner discounts applied.
Car insurance companies that may offer policyholders most of the discounts above are:
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company which discounts they offer. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply in every state. To see insurers that offer the discounts shown above in Florida, click here to view.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
Always keep in mind that when comparing a policy, there really is no “best” method to buy coverage. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and your insurance should be unique as well.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- Who is covered when they drive my Kia Soul?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area.