Unthinkable but true, nearly 70% of consumers kept buying from the same company for four years or more, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared rates to find lower-cost insurance. Drivers in the U.S. could save 46.5% each year just by comparing rates, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to compare rate quotes.
The preferred way to save money on Pontiac G5 insurance is to do an annual price comparison from providers who sell insurance in Orlando.
- Step 1: Read and learn about the different coverages in a policy and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that are responsible for high rates such as multiple speeding tickets and a negative credit history can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Step 2: Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can quote rates from many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to your existing rates to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save some money, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
A crucial key to this process is that you’ll want to compare similar coverage information on each quote and and to look at as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this provides a level playing field and a good representation of prices.
If you have coverage now, you will definitely be able to find the best rates using the techniques covered below. Choosing the best rates in Orlando is easy if you know what you’re doing. But Florida consumers need to have an understanding of how companies price online insurance and apply this information to your search.
Choices You Make Can Impact Your Insurance Prices
Many factors are part of the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Most are fairly basic such as your driving record, but some are less apparent such as whether you are married and annual miles driven. Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the factors that come into play when calculating your premiums. If you know what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get lower auto insurance prices.
The itemized list below are some of the major factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set prices.
- Being married can lower rates – Having a wife or husband can get you a discount on your auto insurance bill. Marriage generally demonstrates drivers are more mature than a single person it has been statistically shown that being married results in fewer claims.
- Vehicle theft costs us all – Buying a car with an alarm system can help lower your premiums. Anti-theft devices such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system can help prevent vehicle theft.
- Pay more of a claim out-of-pocket – Insurance for physical damage to your car, aka comp and collision, is used to repair damage to your Pontiac. Some instances where coverage would apply are collision with another vehicle, hail damage, and windstorm damage. Your deductibles state the amount of money you are willing to pay before your auto insurance pays a claim. The more expense the insured is willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
- Your address can influence price – Living in less populated areas of the country may provide you with better prices when insuring your vehicles. Fewer drivers on the road means a lower chance of having an accident and a lower car theft rate. City drivers tend to have more road rage incidents and higher rates of accident claims. More time behind the wheel can result in more accidents.
- Cheaper auto insurance rates for prior coverage – Having a lapse in insurance coverage is a fast way to drive up your policy premiums. Not only will you pay more, getting caught without coverage may earn you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license. You may then be required to file a SR-22 with the Florida motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Males pay higher rates – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, this does not mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Both sexes have at-fault accidents at about the same rate, but the male of the species have costlier accidents. Men also have more aggressive citations like reckless driving and DUI. Males from age 16 to 21 cause the most accidents so it costs more to insure them.
How much does Pontiac G5 insurance in Orlando, FL cost?
There are several ways of comparing rates from local Orlando insurance companies. One of the best ways to compare insurance prices involves getting comparison quotes online.
Doing online quotes comparisons is so easy that it takes the place of having to go to all the different Orlando insurance agencies. The ability to quote Pontiac G5 insurance online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you have a need for the extra assistance only provided by licensed Orlando agents. Although, it is possible get the lowest quotes online but still have the advice of a local agent. Keep in mind that comparing more prices helps improve the odds of finding better pricing.
The car insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer price quotes in Florida. To get cheap car insurance in Florida, we recommend you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Three main reasons to buy car insurance
Despite the high insurance cost for a Pontiac G5 in Orlando, car insurance is required by state law in Florida and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability coverage in order to be legal. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Pontiac, most lenders will require you to carry insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Pontiac at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Car insurance preserves both your assets and your car. Insurance will pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially if you ever need it. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver overpays as much as $855 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies every year to make sure the price is not too high.
Affordable rates by taking advantage of discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you might be missing out on some discounts to cut the cost considerably. A few discounts will automatically apply at quote time, but less common discounts must be manually applied prior to receiving the credit.
- Low Miles Discount – Maintaining low annual mileage could qualify for discounted prices on garaged vehicles.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you have multiple policies and place coverage with the same company you will save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- 55 and Retired – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you could receive lower premium rates.
- Military Rewards – Having a family member in the military could mean lower rates.
- Defensive Driver – Passing a defensive driving course could possibly earn you a 5% discount and make you a better driver.
- Onboard Data Collection – Orlando drivers who agree to allow driving data collection to track when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive might get better premium rates if they have good driving habits.
- Good Student Discount – This discount can earn a discount of 20% or more. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
- Accident Waiver – This one isn’t a discount, but some companies like Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm will forgive one accident before raising your premiums as long as you don’t have any claims before the accident.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Buying coverage on a new vehicle is cheaper because new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Orlando Homeowners Discount – Being a homeowner can earn you a little savings because of the fact that having a home is proof that your finances are in order.
Discounts lower rates, but most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when the math indicates you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it just doesn’t work that way.
Companies and some of their more popular discounts are included below.
- State Farm may offer discounts for defensive driving training, Drive Safe & Save, safe vehicle, anti-theft, and multiple autos.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including youthful driver, switch companies, business and professional, electronic funds transfer, early shopping, teen driver, and homeowner.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for online quote discount, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, online signing, good student, and homeowner.
- GEICO has savings for emergency military deployment, air bags, good student, membership and employees, anti-lock brakes, and multi-vehicle.
- Auto-Owners Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, good student, paid in full, safe vehicle, paperless, mature driver, and student away at school.
- The Hartford offers discounts for vehicle fuel type, bundle, air bag, driver training, anti-theft, defensive driver, and good student.
- Farm Bureau has discounts for youthful driver, 55 and retired, safe driver, multi-vehicle, and driver training.
- USAA includes discounts for loyalty savings, new vehicle, safe driver, driver training, multi-vehicle, and good student.
If you want inexpensive Orlando car insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering how you can save money. Discounts may not apply to policies in your area.
Insurance agent or online?
Some consumers still like to buy from a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases A good thing about comparing car insurance online is you may find cheap car insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, the coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents who will gladly provide quotes for your business. There is no reason to find an agent on your own as quotes are delivered immediately to you. It’s the lowest rates and a licensed agent to work with. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Finding a good insurance company should depend on more than just a low price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- How long has their agency been in business in Orlando?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
Car insurance agents in Orlando come in two varieties
If you’re trying to find a reputable agency, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Agencies in Orlando can be described as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies work for only one company like State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. They are unable to give you multiple price quotes so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agencies receive extensive training in insurance sales which aids in selling service over price.
Listed below are Orlando exclusive insurance agents who may provide you with rate quotes.
Lorenzo Hayward – State Farm Insurance Agent
5218 W Colonial Dr – Orlando, FL 32808 – (407) 299-4642 – View Map
Bill Cordy – State Farm Insurance Agent
2737 N Hiawassee Rd – Orlando, FL 32818 – (407) 298-9996 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Independent insurance agents can sell policies from many different companies and that allows them to write policies with a variety of different insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply switch companies in-house and you can keep the same agent. When comparing rates, you will definitely want to compare prices from several independent agencies to have the most options to choose from.
The following are Orlando independent agencies that are able to give comparison quotes.
Situations that may require an agent’s advice
Always remember that when buying adequate coverage, there really is not a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Every insured’s situation is different so your insurance should reflect that
These are some specific questions can aid in determining whether you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Will damage be repaired with OEM parts?
- Does my Pontiac G5 qualify for pleasure use?
- Should I pay a claim out-of-pocket?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- What are the liability requirements in my state?
- Is there coverage for my trailer?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
A little work can save a LOT of money
When shopping online for insurance, don’t be tempted to reduce coverage to reduce premium. In too many instances, an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that it was a big error on their part. The proper strategy is to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford, but do not skimp to save money.
Some insurance providers may not offer the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these smaller companies sell through independent insurance agents. Cost effective Pontiac G5 insurance can be purchased from both online companies and with local Orlando insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
More information can be read below:
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a Honda Accord in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Orlando Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 50? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Orlando Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 70? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for 4×4 Vehicles in Orlando? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Safe Drivers in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for a Jeep Wrangler in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Seniors in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)