Remarkably, a study showed that over 70% of drivers have bought auto insurance from the same company for four years or more, and almost half have never compared rate quotes at all. Orlando insurance shoppers could save nearly $1,126 each year, but they don’t know the big savings they would realize if they switch to a new company.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find cheaper prices for auto insurance rates is to compare quotes once a year from insurers that insure vehicles in Orlando.
- First, read and learn about car insurance and the things you can control to keep rates low. Many rating factors that cause high rates like traffic violations and a lousy credit rating can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Second, request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers. View a list of agents
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to determine if you can save on S-Type insurance in Orlando. If you can save money and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Fourth, notify your current company of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a down payment along with a signed application for the new policy. Don’t forget to put the certificate verifying coverage above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
The most important part of this process is to make sure you’re comparing the same amount of coverage on every price quote and and to get prices from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this enables a level playing field and a complete price analysis.
Companies offering Jaguar S-Type insurance in Florida
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer free quotes in Orlando, FL. To find the best cheap auto insurance in Florida, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Save a ton on Jaguar S-Type insurance in Orlando with these car insurance discounts
Some insurance providers do not advertise every policy discount very well, so we break down some of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Orlando car insurance online. If you do not double check each discount available, you are throwing money away.
- Multi-line Discount – Select insurance carriers reward you with better premium rates if you take out some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Low Miles Discount – Driving fewer miles can earn lower premium rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Claim-free drivers have much lower rates as compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than spreading payments over time you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Use Seat Belts – Requiring all passengers to use a seat belt could cut 10% or more off the PIP or medical payment premium.
A quick disclaimer, some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So even though it sounds like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it doesn’t quite work that way.
If you would like to see a list of providers offering car insurance discounts in Orlando, follow this link.
How Insurance Providers Determine Jaguar S-Type Insurance Prices
The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at a few of the rating criteria that come into play when calculating your car insurance rates. If you have some idea of what controls the rates you pay, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may result in big savings.
- Your stress level may be raising your rates – Occupational choices like military generals, social workers, and medical professionals generally pay higher average rates attributed to job stress and extremely grueling work hours. Other jobs like scientists, historians and the unemployed receive lower rates.
- Lower mileage equals lower premium – The more you drive every year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Most insurance companies apply a rate partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks that do not get driven very much can get a lower rate than vehicles that have high annual mileage. A policy that improperly rates your S-Type may be costing you higher rates. Double check that your declarations sheet shows the correct usage.
- What type of car do you drive? – The performance of the vehicle you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a significant difference in the rate you pay. Low performance passenger vehicles generally receive the lowest base rates, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
- If you don’t need it don’t buy it – Insurance companies have many additional extra coverages that sound like a good idea at the time on your car insurance policy. Coverages for personal injury protection, accidental death, and term life insurance may not be needed and are just wasting money. These coverages may sound good at first, but if you don’t need them consider taking them off your policy.
What insurance coverages do I need?
When quoting and comparing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really isn’t a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Every situation is different.
For instance, these questions might help in determining if your insurance needs could use an agent’s help.
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Are there any extra discounts I can get?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Local Orlando car insurance agents and auto insurance
Certain consumers would prefer to buy from a local agent and that is a personal choice. Good agents are trained risk managers and help in the event of a claim. An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain the lowest rates and still choose a local agent. Buying insurance from local insurance agencies is still important in Orlando.
By using this simple form, your coverage information is sent to agents in your area that provide free Orlando car insurance quotes to get your business. You won’t need to contact an agency because prices are sent to you instantly. If you wish to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, just jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Do you need an independent or exclusive car insurance agent?
When finding an insurance agent, it helps to know the two different agency structures that you can select. Agents can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents. Both types can sell auto insurance policies, but it’s a good idea to understand the difference in the companies they write for since it can affect your selection of an agent.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Independent agents often have affiliation with several companies so they can write business with an assortment of companies and find you cheaper rates. If your agent finds better pricing, your agent can switch companies and that require little work on your part.
When comparing rates, you definitely need to check rates from multiple independent agents for maximum quote selection.
Featured below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Orlando who can help you get pricing information.
Sikes Insurance Agency Inc
5145 Curry Ford Rd – Orlando, FL 32812 – (407) 282-5145 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies can only place business with one company such as State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. Exclusive agents are unable to provide other company’s prices so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agencies are well trained on their company’s products which aids in selling service over price.
Below are exclusive insurance agents in Orlando that can give you price quotes.
Jim Daniels – State Farm Insurance Agent
4759 S Conway Rd – Orlando, FL 32812 – (407) 855-6791 – View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the premium amount. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
If you receive positive feedback to your questions and a low price estimate, most likely you have located an insurance agent that can be trusted to adequately provide auto insurance.
Ratings for Florida auto insurance companies
Picking the top insurance company can be challenging considering how many companies sell insurance in Orlando. The ranking data listed below may help you select which providers to look at comparing rates from.
Top 10 Orlando Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Mercury Insurance – 89%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
Top 10 Orlando Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- AAA Insurance
Don’t give up on cheaper rates
Drivers change insurance companies for many reasons like denial of a claim, poor customer service, policy cancellation or even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Regardless of your reason, finding the right insurance provider is actually quite simple.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s not a good idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many cases where consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your goal should be to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
We just covered many tips how you can save on Jaguar S-Type insurance in Orlando. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Jaguar S-Type rate quotes. Consumers could even find that the best rates are with an unexpected company.
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Honda Civic in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Company Car in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Toyota Camry in Orlando? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Sentra in Orlando? (FAQ)
- How Much are Orlando Auto Insurance Quotes for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)