How long has it been since the last time you looked for the cheapest Jeep Wrangler insurance in Orlando? Do you get exhausted from trying to scrape together enough money to make your insurance payment? You’re in the same situation as many other people in Florida.
Unthinkable but true, most insurance policyholders in Florida have been with the same company for a minimum of four years, and 38% of drivers have never shopped around. With the average premium in America being $1,847, drivers could save $850 each year, but they just don’t understand how easy it is to compare other rate quotes. Companies like State Farm, Farmers Insurance, GEICO and Allstate continually hit you with ads and it is difficult to see through the cute green geckos and mayhem and do the work needed to find the best deal.
You should take the time to quote other rates as often as possible because insurance prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest quotes on Jeep Wrangler insurance in Orlando two years ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because you’re about to learn one of the easiest ways to reduce your cost while improving coverage.
If you have a policy now or are looking for a new policy, you can use these tips to shop for the lowest rates without reducing coverage. Locating the best insurance company for you in Orlando is much easier if you know where to start. Drivers just need to learn the quickest way to compare prices online.
Finding a lower price on Jeep Wrangler insurance can be relatively painless. All that’s required is to invest a little time getting comparison quotes to find out which insurance company has low cost Orlando auto insurance quotes.
Doing price comparisons online is so simple that it takes the place of having to make phone calls or go to and from local Orlando insurance agencies. The ability to get quotes online reduces the need to sit down with an agent unless you prefer the peace of mind that you can only get from talking to an agent. Some companies do allow you to comparison shop your insurance online but buy the policy through an agent.
The car insurance companies shown below provide free quotes in Orlando, FL. If you want to find cheap car insurance in Florida, we suggest you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Get cheaper rates on Jeep Wrangler insurance in Orlando with these discounts
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you might be missing out on some discounts to reduce the price significantly. Certain reductions will be credited at the time of quoting, but a few must be specifically requested in order for you to get them. If you’re not getting every credit you deserve, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Federal Employees – Active or retired federal employment may qualify for a discount when you quote Orlando auto insurance with select insurance companies.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars that have anti-lock braking systems can stop better under adverse conditions and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Distant Student – Kids living away from Orlando attending college without a vehicle on campus can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Defensive Driving Course – Participating in a defensive driver class could cut 5% off your bill and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Cautious Driver Discount – Insureds who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
One last thing about discounts, most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So when the math indicates you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you’re out of luck.
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Jeep Wrangler insurance prices with and without discounts. The premiums assume a female driver, no claims, a clean driving record, Florida state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-car, claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, and marriage discounts applied.
Larger insurance companies and their offered discounts are detailed below.
- Progressive offers discounts for homeowner, multi-policy, online signing, multi-vehicle, and online quote discount.
- The Hartford offers discounts including bundle, defensive driver, vehicle fuel type, good student, and driver training.
- Mercury Insurance has discounts for location of vehicle, good student, type of vehicle, professional/association, and low natural disaster claims.
- GEICO may include discounts for anti-lock brakes, driver training, emergency military deployment, good student, and defensive driver.
- AAA discounts include pay-in-full, education and occupation, multi-policy, anti-theft, AAA membership discount, and multi-car.
- State Farm includes discounts for multiple policy, multiple autos, good student, Steer Clear safe driver discount, driver’s education, Drive Safe & Save, and safe vehicle.
Before purchasing a policy, check with all the companies the best way to save money. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policyholders in your area. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Orlando, follow this link.
Rates and other information
The rate information displayed next highlights a range of insurance coverage prices for Jeep Wrangler models. Understanding more about how car insurance premiums are formulated can assist in making decisions when choosing a new policy provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Wrangler Sport 4WD 2-Dr||$174||$220||$418||$24||$124||$960||$80|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sport 2WD 4-Dr||$174||$220||$522||$30||$156||$1,102||$92|
|Wrangler Sport Islander Package 4WD 2-Dr||$174||$280||$418||$24||$124||$1,020||$85|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sport 4WD 4-Dr||$200||$220||$522||$30||$156||$1,128||$94|
|Wrangler Sahara 4WD 2-Dr||$200||$280||$418||$24||$124||$1,046||$87|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sport Islander Package 4WD 4-Dr||$200||$220||$522||$30||$156||$1,128||$94|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 2WD 4-Dr||$200||$220||$522||$30||$156||$1,128||$94|
|Wrangler Rubicon 4WD 2-Dr||$200||$280||$418||$24||$124||$1,046||$87|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4WD 4-Dr||$200||$280||$522||$30||$156||$1,188||$99|
|Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4WD 4-Dr||$224||$280||$522||$30||$156||$1,212||$101|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Rate information does not factor in vehicle location which can lower or raise rates greatly.
Drive safe and save
The diagram below demonstrates how traffic citations and at-fault accidents raise Jeep Wrangler annual premium costs for different ages of insureds. The premium estimates are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Rate comparison of full coverage and liability-only
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Jeep Wrangler premium costs with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The data assumes no claims or violations, $100 deductibles, single status, and no other discounts are factored in.
Should you buy full coverage or liability only?
There is no clear-cut formula that is best for determining when to drop physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general school of thought. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than around 10% of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s assume your Jeep Wrangler book value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, you would only receive $2,000 after you pay the deductible. If it’s costing you more than $200 annually for full coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are a few situations where dropping physical damage coverage is not advised. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not opt for liability only.
Local agents and auto insurance
Some people just prefer to visit with an insurance agent and doing that can be a smart decision Most agents can make sure you are properly covered and help file insurance claims. A nice benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that you can find cheap auto insurance quotes and also buy local.
After completing this short form, your insurance data is submitted to agents in your area who want to provide quotes for your business. There is no reason to even leave your home because prices are sent straight to your inbox. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, you just need to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Picking an insurance company needs to be determined by more than just the quoted price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- How many companies do they write for?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
If you want to buy auto insurance from a local insurance agency, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Auto insurance agencies can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either can sell affordable auto insurance policies, but it’s worth learning the difference in how they write coverage because it can influence the selection process.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
These agents can only place business with one company and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. These agents are not able to place coverage with different providers so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Below is a short list of exclusive agents in Orlando willing to provide price quote information.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent are not limited to a single company so they have the ability to put coverage through many different auto insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If premiums increase, your policy is moved internally and you can keep the same agent.
If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, you absolutely need to get rate quotes from a few independent agents in order to have the best price comparison.
The following is a short list of independent agencies in Orlando that are able to give price quotes.
After getting good feedback as well as a affordable price, you may have just found a car insurance agent that can service your policy.
Do I need special coverages?
When quoting and choosing proper insurance coverage, there really isn’t a best way to insure your cars. Your needs are unique to you and your insurance should unique, too.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my Jeep Wrangler?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- What is the ISO rating for a Jeep Wrangler?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- Which companies are cheaper for teen drivers?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
If you’re not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Rates
Part of the insurance buying process is learning some of the things that aid in calculating insurance rates. If you have a feel for what determines base rates, this allows you to make good choices that could result in better insurance rates. Many factors are part of the equation when you quote your car insurance policy. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving history, but other factors are less obvious such as your marital status or your vehicle rating.
- Policy add-ons can waste money – There are quite a few add-on coverages that can waste your money but may not be useful. Insurance for replacement cost coverage, death and dismemberment, and motor club memberships may be costing you every month. They may seem good when you first buy your policy, but your needs may have changed so consider taking them off your policy.
- Marriage discount – Having a spouse helps lower the price on your insurance policy. It is viewed as being more stable financially and it’s statistically proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Age of drivers – Older drivers tend to be more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets. Teenage drivers tend to be careless and easily distracted when at the wheel of a vehicle so insurance rates are higher.
The following chart is based on a single driver, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Male premiums may be higher – Statistics have proven women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, don’t assume that women are BETTER drivers than men. Men and women cause at-fault accidents at about the same rate, but the males have costlier accidents. They also get ticketed for serious violations such as reckless driving.
The illustration below shows the comparison of Jeep Wrangler insurance prices for male and female drivers. Data assumes no accidents or driving violations, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
More performance means more cost – The type of car or truck you drive makes a huge difference in how high your rates are. The lowest performance passenger cars generally receive the lowest base rates, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
The next chart is based on a married male driver age 50, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It illustrates Jeep Wrangler insurance premiums compared to other models of vehicles that have a range of performance rating factors.
- Don’t cut corners with liability protection – Your policy’s liability coverage is the protection in the event that you are found to be at fault for damages from an accident. Your policy’s liability insurance provides legal defense coverage starting from day one. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
- Increase comp and collision deductibles to save – The deductibles you choose tell how much you are required to spend out-of-pocket before your insurance pays a claim. Physical damage protection, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, protects your car from damage. Some examples of covered claims could be collision with another vehicle, vandalism, and having a roll-over accident. The larger the amount you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
Jeep Wrangler historical loss data – Insurance companies take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle as a way to help calculate a profitable premium price. Models that historically have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have higher rates. The information below illustrates the historical insurance loss data for Jeep Wrangler vehicles.
For each coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles averaged together is considered to be 100. Percentages below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while values over 100 point to more frequent losses or statistically larger claims.
Jeep Wrangler Insurance Loss Statistics Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Jeep Wrangler 2dr SWB 4WD 54 134 71 57 52 102 Jeep Wrangler 4dr 4WD 58 151 82 66 62 120BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Buying the right Jeep Wrangler insurance in Florida is an important decision
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Orlando, buying car insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, it’s guaranteed your bank will force you to carry insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank may buy a policy for your Jeep at a much higher rate and require you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your Jeep Wrangler but also your financial assets. It also can pay for medical bills for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying car insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. As of last year, the average driver in Florida overpays as much as $830 a year so it’s important to compare rates once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are competitive.
Get the best coverage at the lowest price
We’ve covered many tips how you can compare Jeep Wrangler insurance prices in Orlando. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced insurance comes from a smaller regional carrier. Regional companies can often provide lower rates in certain areas than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
While you’re price shopping online, you should never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are a lot of situations where an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that they should have had better coverage. Your focus should be to buy enough coverage for the lowest cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Steps to finding better rates for Jeep Wrangler insurance in Orlando
The most effective way to find affordable Jeep Wrangler insurance is to compare prices regularly from providers in Orlando.
- Step 1: Spend some time learning about how insurance works and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that result in higher rates such as traffic citations and an unacceptable credit rating can be rectified by paying attention to minor details.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes for many different companies. View insurance agents
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to your existing policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Step 4: Provide proper notification to your current company of your intention to cancel the current policy and submit the completed application along with a down payment to your new carrier. Don’t forget to safely store the certificate verifying proof of insurance in an accessible location in your vehicle.
One thing to point out is to make sure you’re comparing identical coverages on each price quote and and to get rates from as many carriers as you can. This helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and a better comparison of the market.
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Good Students in Orlando? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Chevrolet Equinox in Orlando? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for College Students in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Orlando Auto Insurance for a Nissan Rogue? (FAQ)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)