Shockingly, a large majority of consumers kept their policy with the same company for well over three years, and nearly half have never compared quotes from other companies. With the average premium in the United States being $1,847, drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year by just comparing rate quotes, but most undervalue the benefits if they replace their high priced policy.
The best way to get affordable Kia Borrego insurance in Orlando is to start doing an annual price comparison from insurers that sell auto insurance in Florida.
- Read about auto insurance and the things you can control to drop your rates. Many risk factors that result in higher rates like traffic violations, accidents, and a poor credit score can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. This article gives ideas to get lower rates and find overlooked discounts.
- Obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Notify your company or agent of your intention to cancel your current coverage and submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to your new agent or company. Once received, place your new certificate verifying proof of insurance with your vehicle’s registration.
One tip to remember is to try to compare identical coverages on each quote and and to get rates from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this guarantees an accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
This information will teach you how car insurance quotes work and some money-saving tips. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will surely be able to save money using the ideas presented in this article. Drivers just need to use the fastest way to find the lowest price from many companies at once.
Getting a more affordable price on insurance can be quick and easy. Consumers just need to take a couple of minutes to compare rate quotes online from several insurance companies.
The companies shown below are ready to provide price quotes in Orlando, FL. To get the cheapest car insurance in FL, we recommend you get rates from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Don’t neglect these discounts on Kia Borrego insurance in Orlando
Some companies don’t always advertise all their discounts very well, so the list below contains some of the more common and the more hidden savings tricks you should be using when you buy Orlando car insurance online.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who require all occupants to use their safety belts could save 15% on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- ABS Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS braking systems or traction control have fewer accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Buying a new car model can cost up to 25% less compared to insuring an older model.
- Senior Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can possibly qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying insurance for all your vehicles on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Good Grades Discount – Being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
- Onboard Data Collection – Orlando drivers who agree to allow driving data collection to track driving habits by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as State Farm’s In-Drive could possibly reduce rates if they have good driving habits.
- Military Discounts – Having a family member in the military can result in better rates.
- Early Signing – Some insurance companies provide a discount for buying a policy before your current Borrego insurance policy expires. You can save around 10% with this discount.
Drivers should understand that some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Even though it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
A list of companies and their possible discounts are included below.
- GEICO has discounts for daytime running lights, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, federal employee, defensive driver, and military active duty.
- MetLife offers discounts for claim-free, multi-policy, accident-free, good driver, good student, defensive driver
- State Farm may offer discounts for safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, driver’s education, defensive driving training, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Progressive offers discounts including continuous coverage, homeowner, online quote discount, online signing, and good student.
- Mercury Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including type of vehicle, location of vehicle, ease of repair, good student, and multi-car.
- 21st Century has savings for 55 and older, student driver, automatic seat belts, anti-lock brakes, driver training, defensive driver, and teen driver.
- Allstate discounts include anti-theft, economy car, premier plus, utility vehicle, and good payer.
When quoting, ask every insurance company which discounts they offer. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply in your state. To choose providers offering insurance discounts in Florida, follow this link.
Here’s why car insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Kia Borrego in Orlando, car insurance serves an important purpose.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Borrego has a loan, it’s most likely the lender will require that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may insure your Kia for a lot more money and require you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Car insurance preserves both your assets and your car. It also can pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses in the event you are sued. If you have damage to your Kia as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially when you need to use it. An average driver in America is currently overpaying as much as $820 a year so smart consumers compare quotes each time the policy renews to ensure rates are competitive.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
Always keep in mind that when comparing your policy for your vehicles, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Does my Kia Borrego need full coverage?
- Who sells insurance for high-risk drivers?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Car insurance agents can help
Some consumers still prefer to talk to an insurance agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and will help you if you have claims. A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get better rates and also buy local. And providing support for local agents is still important in Orlando.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your insurance data is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Orlando who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent to you directly. If you need to compare prices from a specific company, you can always visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
Orlando car insurance agents are either independent or exclusive
If you would like to find a reliable agent, there are two different types of agents that you can choose from. Auto insurance agents in Orlando can be described as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both write policy coverage, but it’s a good idea to understand the subtle differences since it may influence your selection of an agent.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents are not locked into one company so they can write business with lots of companies and potentially find a lower price. If you want to switch companies, your policy is moved internally and that require little work on your part. When comparing rate quotes, we highly recommend that you include price quotes from a few independent agents to have the best price comparison. Many independent agencies also insure through smaller companies that may provide cheaper auto insurance rates.
Featured below is a partial list of independent insurance agencies in Orlando who may be able to give you price quote information.
- J Meyers Insurance Agency
5003 Old Cheney Hwy – Orlando, FL 32807 – (407) 273-0230 – View Map
- Brightway Insurance
3548 S Orange Ave – Orlando, FL 32806 – (407) 816-3161 – View Map
- Budget Insurance Agency
5574 N Orange Blossom Trail – Orlando, FL 32808 – (321) 270-6385 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel generally can only insure with one company and examples are State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to give you multiple price quotes so it’s a take it or leave it situation. They are well trained on the products they sell which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some people will only buy from exclusive agents mostly because of loyalty to the company rather than low rates.
The following are exclusive agents in Orlando that are able to give price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance: Domingo Bravo
9330 Narcoossee Rd – Orlando, FL 32827 – (407) 281-6300 – View Map
- Curtis Hunter – State Farm Insurance Agent
3354 Curry Ford Rd – Orlando, FL 32806 – (407) 898-0061 – View Map
- Terri Marshall – State Farm Insurance Agent
5555 E Michigan St #104 – Orlando, FL 32822 – (407) 380-5689 – View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the quoted price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?