The preferred way to get more affordable car insurance rates in Orlando is to compare prices regularly from providers in Florida. Rate comparisons can be done by completing these steps.
First, try to comprehend how car insurance works and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that cause high rates such as tickets, at-fault accidents, and an imperfect credit rating can be controlled by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Second, compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote rates for many different companies.
Third, compare the new rates to your current policy and see if you can save money. If you can save some money, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, notify your agent or company of your decision to cancel the current policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application to the new insurer. Once the paperwork is finalized, keep your new certificate verifying proof of insurance along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
One bit of advice is to use the same deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to look at as many companies as you can. Doing this guarantees a fair price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
We don’t have to point out that fact that auto insurance companies don’t want you comparing rates. Consumers who shop around for better prices will presumably buy a new policy because there is a good probability of finding coverage at a cheaper rate. A recent study showed that people who shopped around every year saved about $72 a month compared to policyholders who never compared rates.
If saving money on auto insurance in Orlando is why you’re here, then having a good understanding how to shop and compare cheaper coverage can make it easier for you to save money.
Just remember that comparing a wide range of rates helps you find more affordable rates.
The auto insurance companies shown below offer comparison quotes in Orlando, FL. To buy cheap car insurance in FL, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can in order to find the most affordable rates.
Auto insurance is not optional in Florida
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Lexus in Orlando, insuring your vehicle is required for several reasons.
First, almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to be legal. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your CT 200h with a loan, it’s most likely the lender will stipulate that you carry insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may insure your Lexus for a much higher rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
Third, auto insurance preserves both your Lexus and your assets. It will also pay for many types of medical costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying auto insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. An average driver in America is wasting up to $700 annually so it’s recommended you shop around at every policy renewal to save money.
Discounts for lower-cost auto insurance rates
Auto insurance is not inexpensive, but you may find discounts to cut the cost considerably. Some discounts will apply at quote time, but some discounts are required to be specially asked for before you get the savings.
- Senior Citizen Rates – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you are able to get better auto insurance rates.
- Driving Data Discount – Drivers that enable companies to scrutinize their driving habits by installing a telematics device like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm may see discounts if they are good drivers.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have anti-lock braking systems can stop better under adverse conditions and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Life Insurance – Larger companies have a small discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- Distant Student – Kids who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Orlando and do not take a car to college may be able to be covered for less.
- Early Switch Discount – Select companies give a discount for switching companies before your current CT 200h insurance policy expires. It could save around 10% when you buy Orlando auto insurance online.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use a seat belt can save 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Driver’s Ed – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully take a driver’s education course in high school.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. If you do the math and it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
A few of the larger companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be found below.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for homeowner, continuous coverage, online quote discount, online signing, multi-vehicle, good student, and multi-policy.
- MetLife may have discounts that include good student, claim-free, good driver, accident-free, multi-policy, defensive driver
- Mercury Insurance may offer discounts for age of vehicle, multi-car, anti-theft, ease of repair, location of vehicle, and professional/association.
- Nationwide offers discounts including multi-policy, family plan, anti-theft, business or organization, and easy pay.
- GEICO may include discounts for anti-lock brakes, driver training, air bags, good student, and seat belt use.
- AAA has savings for multi-car, AAA membership discount, multi-policy, education and occupation, good driver, and good student.
If you need low cost Orlando auto insurance quotes, ask all the companies how many discounts you can get. Savings might not be available to policyholders in your state. For a list of insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in Orlando, follow this link.
Insurance agencies can help
A lot of people prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is a smart decision One of the benefits of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get cheap insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from and supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is definitely important in Orlando.
Once you complete this quick form, your coverage information gets sent to agents in your area that provide free Orlando auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to find an agent on your own since price quotes are sent to you directly. You’ll get the best rates AND a local agent. If for some reason you want to quote rates from one company in particular, you would need to visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
Pick the best car insurance agent in Orlando for you
If you prefer to buy insurance from a reliable insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents and how they operate. Insurance agents are classified as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent are appointed with more than one company so they can write business through many companies depending on which coverage is best. If prices rise, your agent can switch companies and you don’t have to find a new agent.
If you need lower rates, you should always get some free quotes from independent agents for maximum quote selection.
Featured below are Orlando independent agents who may provide free insurance quotes.
Exclusive agencies normally can only provide a single company’s rates like Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to compare other company’s rates so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. These agents receive extensive training on their company’s products which helps them compete with independent agents.
Below are Orlando exclusive insurance agents that are able to give price quote information.
Finding the right car insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just a low price. Here are some questions to ask:
- How long have they been in business?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Orlando?
If you receive reasonable responses to any questions you may have in addition to an acceptable price estimate, it’s possible that you found an insurance agent that meets the requirements to adequately provide insurance.
Get the best coverage at the best price
As you quote Orlando auto insurance, it’s not a good idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are many occasions where drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits and learned later that it was a big mistake. The goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate.
In this article, we presented a lot of techniques to save on Lexus CT 200h insurance in Orlando. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the better chance you’ll have of finding the cheapest Lexus CT 200h rate quotes. You may even find the biggest savings come from a smaller regional carrier. Some small companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than their larger competitors like Progressive or GEICO.
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Postal Workers in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Female in Orlando? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Ford Explorer in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)