To save the most money, the best way to find cheaper quotes for Lexus IS 350 insurance in Orlando is to start comparing prices yearly from companies who provide auto insurance in Florida.
- Learn about how companies price auto insurance and the modifications you can make to keep rates down. Many policy risk factors that are responsible for high rates like distracted driving and an unacceptable credit rating can be amended by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. This article provides instructions to get low prices and find overlooked discounts.
- Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers. Compare rates now
- Compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save money and change companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Provide written notification to your current company to cancel the current policy and submit a signed application and payment to your new carrier. Be sure to put the new certificate verifying proof of insurance with your registration paperwork.
An important part of this process is to try to compare identical limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. This helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and a good representation of prices.
A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that a large majority of insurance policyholders kept their coverage with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and nearly half have never even compared quotes to find lower-cost rates. Most drivers in Orlando can save hundreds of dollars each year, but they assume it’s a waste of time to shop their coverage around.
If you have insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to shop for the lowest rates using this information. Choosing the most cost-effective insurance policy in Orlando is quite easy. But Florida car owners can benefit by having an understanding of how big insurance companies sell insurance online.
Affordable rates on Lexus IS 350 insurance in Orlando with these discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always publicize every discount they offer very well, so we researched both the well known and also the more inconspicuous credits available to bring down your rates. If they aren’t giving you every credit you deserve, you could be getting lower rates.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Mature drivers could receive a small decrease in premiums.
- Life Insurance – Select insurance carriers reward you with a small discount if you purchase some life insurance too.
- Early Signing – A few auto insurance companies give discounts for signing up prior to your current IS 350 insurance policy expiring. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Driver’s Ed – Require your teen driver to take driver’s ed class as it can save substantially.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you can combine your home and auto policy with one insurance company you may save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Own a Home and Save – Owning a house in Orlando can get you a discount because it means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks off the personal injury premium cost.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Having multiple vehicles on the same auto insurance policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Federal Employees – Active or retired federal employment may qualify for a discount when you quote Orlando car insurance depending on your auto insurance provider.
Don’t be shocked that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Just because you may think you could get a free auto insurance policy, nobody gets a free ride.
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Lexus IS 350 car insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the rates. The premiums are based on a male driver, no accidents, no driving violations, Florida state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, multi-car, marriage, and safe-driver discounts applied.
A list of auto insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are shown below.
- The Hartford discounts include defensive driver, driver training, vehicle fuel type, air bag, good student, bundle, and anti-theft.
- American Family offers discounts for good driver, accident-free, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, bundled insurance, and early bird.
- Progressive may include discounts for good student, homeowner, online signing, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, multi-policy, and online quote discount.
- Travelers includes discounts for multi-policy, payment discounts, hybrid/electric vehicle, save driver, driver training, multi-car, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including switch companies, good student, teen driver, electronic funds transfer, early shopping, youthful driver, and multi-car.
- USAA has discounts for defensive driver, annual mileage, loyalty savings, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual has savings for new graduate, teen driver discount, multi-car, newly retired, and exclusive group savings.
When comparing rates, check with all companies you are considering to give you their best rates. A few discounts might not be offered in your area. If you would like to view companies who offer free Lexus IS 350 insurance quotes in Florida, click this link.
How much is Lexus IS 350 insurance in Orlando, FL?
All major insurance companies provide prices on the web. Comparing Lexus IS 350 insurance rates online doesn’t take a lot of time because you just enter your coverage information into a form. Once you submit the form, the company’s rating system collects reports for credit and driving violations and quotes a price based on the data you entered. Using the web to get rates for Lexus IS 350 insurance in Orlando makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it is imperative to perform this step in order to get the lowest payment on insurance.
To find out how much you’re overpaying now, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. To compare your current rates, we recommend you copy the insurance coverages identical to your current policy. Doing this assures you will get rate quotes based on similar coverages.
The following companies can provide free quotes in Orlando, FL. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to get the most competitive price.
Insurance coverage details
The price information displayed next covers different insurance costs for Lexus IS 350 models. Understanding how insurance quotes are calculated can help you make smart choices when selecting a coverage provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|IS 350 4-Dr Sedan||$284||$582||$438||$26||$132||$1,462||$122|
|IS 350 C 2-Dr Convertible||$284||$582||$438||$26||$132||$1,462||$122|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, and safe-driver. Information does not factor in vehicle location which can alter rates substantially.
The illustration below demonstrates how deductible levels and can change Lexus IS 350 insurance prices for each different age group. The information is based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Premiums by gender and age
The example below visualizes the comparison of Lexus IS 350 insurance rates for male and female drivers. The rates are based on no violations or claims, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no other discounts are factored in.
Rate comparison of full coverage and liability-only
The example below compares Lexus IS 350 insurance premiums with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The information is based on no violations or accidents, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to stop paying for full coverage
There is no clear-cut formula of when to phase out physical damage coverage, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is 10% or more of replacement cost minus your deductible, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Lexus IS 350 replacement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company would pay you is $8,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are currently paying more than $800 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some situations where eliminating full coverage is not in your best interest. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
How to Lower Your Insurance Rates
One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the elements that go into determining your auto insurance rates. If you know what influences your rates, this allows you to make good choices that will entitle you to lower auto insurance prices.
The following are some of the most common factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set your prices.
Prevent coverage lapses – Driving your car without having proper coverage can get you a ticket and as a result your rates will increase for letting your coverage have a gap. In addition to paying higher premiums, the inability to provide proof of insurance will get you fines and jail time. You may then be required to file a SR-22 with the Florida DMV.
Alarm systems lower auto insurance rates – Choosing a vehicle that has an advanced theft prevention system can earn a premium discount. Anti-theft features like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all help stop auto theft and help lower rates.
Accidents cost more than a fine – Attentive drivers pay lower auto insurance prices than bad drivers. Only having one chargeable violation could increase your next policy renewal to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers who have gotten multiple violations such as DUI or reckless driving may be required to complete a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive a vehicle.
The illustration below highlights how speeding tickets and at-fault accidents impact Lexus IS 350 yearly insurance costs for each different age group. The rate quotes are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Getting married can save on auto insurance – Having a significant other can actually save you money on your auto insurance bill. Marriage means you’re less irresponsible and insurance companies reward insureds because being married results in fewer claims.
A good credit rating can save money – Having a bad credit rating is a big factor in calculating your premium rate. So if your credit history is not that good, you could pay less to insure your Lexus IS 350 if you improve your credit rating. Insureds with excellent credit scores tend to be better risks to insure than drivers with lower ratings.
Insurance losses for a Lexus IS 350 – Auto insurance companies use data from past claims to calculate a price that will offset any claims. Models that tend to have higher claim amounts or frequency will have increased rates. The table below illustrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Lexus IS 350 vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles averaged together is equal to 100. Numbers under 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while numbers that are greater than 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or statistically larger losses.
|Specific Lexus Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Lexus IS 350 4dr 2WD||165||88||186||101|
|Lexus IS 350 4dr 4WD||200||72||206|
|Lexus IS 350 Convertible||98|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance agents can help
Always keep in mind that when comparing a policy, there isn’t really a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- Are my friends covered when driving my Lexus IS 350?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- If my Lexus IS 350 is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to an agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Neighborhood Orlando auto insurance agents
Some people still like to sit down and talk to an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. A nice benefit of comparing auto insurance online is that you can find better rates and also buy local. Supporting neighborhood agents is especially important in Orlando.
After filling out this short form, your coverage information is sent to agents in your area that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to visit any agencies since rate quotes are delivered directly to your email. You’ll get the best rates AND an agent nearby. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a specific auto insurance provider, you can always navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking a insurance company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
Three main reasons to buy car insurance
Despite the high insurance cost for a Lexus IS 350 in Orlando, paying for car insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
First, almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability protection in order to drive the car. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your IS 350 has a lienholder, almost every bank will force you to have physical damage coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender will be forced to insure your Lexus for a lot more money and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
Third, car insurance protects not only your Lexus IS 350 but also your assets. Insurance will pay for many types of medical costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you have damage to your Lexus as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your car outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. But the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so you should quote your policy with other companies at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Which car insurance company is best in Orlando?
Ending up with the right car insurance provider is difficult considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in Orlando. The ranking information shown next may help you choose which auto insurers you want to consider purchasing from.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Don’t give up on affordable rates
When trying to cut insurance costs, do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are a lot of situations where someone sacrificed collision coverage only to find out that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your goal should be to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate and still be able to protect your assets.
Insureds switch companies for a number of reasons such as policy cancellation, being labeled a high risk driver, delays in paying claims and poor customer service. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch choosing a new company can be less work than you think.
You just read some good ideas how to reduce Lexus IS 350 insurance premium rates online in Orlando. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your prices. Consumers may even find the best price on insurance is with the smaller companies.
Additional information is located at these links:
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Ride Shares in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)