Paying for pricey Nissan Sentra insurance in Orlando can overdraw your budget, especially in this economy. Comparing rate quotes is a smart way to lower your bills every month.
Unimaginable but true, most Florida insurance customers have been with the same company for over three years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared rates from other carriers. U.S. drivers could save approximately $850 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don’t understand how simple it is to compare rates online.
Companies like Allstate, Progressive and GEICO constantly blast consumers with catchy ads and consumers find it hard to ignore the flying pigs and cute green geckos and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will be able to find the best rates using the ideas covered in this article. Buying the cheapest car insurance in Orlando can be made easier if you know where to look. But Florida consumers need to learn how insurance companies set your policy premium and apply this information to your search.
To find the best auto insurance rates, there are several ways to compare quotes from local Orlando auto insurance companies. One of the best ways to do a complete rate comparison is simply to get online rate quotes.
It’s so simple to compare auto insurance quotes online replaces the need to actually drive to each insurance agency near you. The ability to get quotes online eliminates the middleman unless you have a complicated situation and need the guidance that you can only get from talking to an agent. You can, however, compare online quotes but buy the policy through an agent.
When comparing auto insurance rates, know that comparing more prices helps improve the odds of finding more affordable insurance.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price quotes in Florida. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the cheapest price.
Nissan Sentra insurance rates and statistics
The table below covers a range of coverage prices for Nissan Sentra models. Having a better understanding of how insurance rates are determined is important to be able to make informed decisions when shopping around for a new policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sentra 2.0 S||$136||$342||$400||$24||$120||$1,022||$85|
|Sentra 2.0 SR||$136||$342||$400||$24||$120||$1,022||$85|
|Sentra 2.0 SL||$156||$342||$400||$24||$120||$1,042||$87|
|Sentra SE-R SPEC V||$156||$394||$400||$24||$120||$1,094||$91|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-policy. Information does not factor in vehicle garaging location which can modify price quotes greatly.
The information below demonstrates how deductibles and can raise or lower Nissan Sentra premium costs for different categories of driver ages. The price estimates are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Accidents and violations increase rates
The information below demonstrates how citations and at-fault accidents raise Nissan Sentra yearly insurance costs for each age group. Data assumes a married male driver, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Age, gender, and Nissan Sentra insurance
The information below illustrates the difference between Nissan Sentra premium costs for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are factored in.
Do you need full coverage?
The illustration below shows the comparison of Nissan Sentra insurance costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The premiums assume a clean driving record, no claims, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to stop buying comprehensive and collision coverage
There isn’t a written rule of when to exclude comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let’s say your Nissan Sentra settlement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would receive is $8,000 after paying your deductible. If it’s costing you more than $800 a year for your policy with full coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are some situations where only buying liability is not in your best interest. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not opt for liability only.
Insuring your Sentra just makes sense
Despite the high insurance cost for a Nissan Sentra in Orlando, buying insurance serves an important purpose.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability if you drive a vehicle. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, it’s most likely the lender will require that you carry insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank will be required to insure your Nissan for a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Nissan but also your financial assets. It will also reimburse you for medical bills for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your Nissan gets damaged, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially when you need to use it. The average driver in Florida is wasting up to $865 each year so compare quotes from several companies each time the policy renews to ensure rates are competitive.
Lower-cost Orlando insurance quotes with discounts
Companies don’t always publicize every available discount very well, so we break down a few of the more common and also the lesser-known credits available to you. If you do not double check each discount you deserve, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Club Memberships – Joining qualifying clubs or civic groups is a simple method to lower premiums on your bill.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Having several vehicles on a single policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you combine your auto and homeowners insurance with one insurance company you could save nearly 15% which can help you find inexpensive Nissan Sentra insurance in Orlando.
- College Student Discount – Children who attend college more than 100 miles from Orlando without a vehicle on campus can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Senior Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you are able to get reduced rates.
Don’t be surprised that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So when the math indicates you could get a free insurance policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
The illustration below compares Nissan Sentra insurance prices with and without discounts. The premiums assume a female driver, no violations or accidents, Florida state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, safe-driver, marriage, multi-policy, multi-car, and claim-free discounts applied.
Companies and a selection of discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for multiple autos, Drive Safe & Save, defensive driving training, driver’s education, good driver, safe vehicle, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- GEICO includes discounts for federal employee, daytime running lights, anti-theft, five-year accident-free, anti-lock brakes, and air bags.
- SAFECO has discounts for bundle discounts, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, safe driver, and accident prevention training.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for business and professional, switch companies, electronic funds transfer, homeowner, and alternative fuel.
- AAA may have discounts that include good driver, multi-car, AAA membership discount, anti-theft, and multi-policy.
- USAA may include discounts for good student, vehicle storage, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, loyalty savings, and driver training.
If you want the cheapest Nissan Sentra rate quotes, ask every company the best way to save money. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be offered in every state.
Car insurance agents near you
A lot of people still like to sit down and talk to an agent and often times that is recommended One of the great benefits of comparing rate quotes online is that you can find lower rates and also buy local.
After completing this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is submitted to companies in Orlando who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to leave your house as quotes are delivered to your email. You can find lower rates without a big time investment. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a specific company, you can always find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Finding the right insurance company should include more criteria than just a cheap price quote. Any agent in Orlando should have no problem answering these questions:
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- How are they compensated?
If you need to find a local Orlando insurance agency, it helps to know the two types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Insurance policy providers are considered either independent or exclusive.
These type of agents can only provide pricing for a single company like State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
The following are exclusive agencies in Orlando who may provide you with rate quotes.
Jim Daniels – State Farm Insurance Agent
4759 S Conway Rd – Orlando, FL 32812 – (407) 855-6791 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type do not work for one specific company and that gives them the ability to insure with multiple insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If they find a cheaper price, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When comparing rates, we recommend you check rates from independent agents to maximize your price options.
Listed below are Orlando independent insurance agents that can give you price quote information.
Sikes Insurance Agency Inc
5145 Curry Ford Rd – Orlando, FL 32812 – (407) 282-5145 – View Map
When to get professional advice
When quoting and comparing the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no best way to insure your cars. Each situation is unique so your insurance should reflect that
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Am I covered if I hit someone who is not insured?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Auto insurance coverages
Learning about specific coverages of your insurance policy can be of help when determining appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. Insurance terms can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Listed below are typical coverage types available from insurance companies.
Coverage for medical expenses – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for immediate expenses such as chiropractic care, nursing services, hospital visits, funeral costs and X-ray expenses. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers all vehicle occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers – Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Nissan Sentra.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law (Florida limits are 10/20/10), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Coverage for liability – Liability coverage will cover injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people in an accident. It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show limits of 10/20/10 that means you have a limit of $10,000 per injured person, a total of $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $10,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability can pay for claims such as attorney fees, repair costs for stationary objects, funeral expenses, legal defense fees and medical expenses. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but you should buy as much as you can afford. Florida state law requires minimum liability limits of 10/20/10 but it’s recommended drivers buy more liability than the minimum.
The chart below demonstrates why minimum state limits may not be enough coverage.
Comprehensive insurance – Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like fire damage, hitting a bird, damage from a tornado or hurricane and damage from flooding. The maximum amount your insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Collision coverage – Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Sentra from colliding with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for things like crashing into a ditch, sideswiping another vehicle, rolling your car and crashing into a building. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible on your Sentra to get cheaper collision coverage.
Compare auto insurance rates regularly to save
Some companies don’t offer the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these regional insurance providers only sell through independent agents. Budget-conscious Nissan Sentra insurance can be found on the web in addition to many Orlando insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s not a good idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. In too many instances, an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The goal is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest cost and still be able to protect your assets.
Steps to finding low-cost rates for Nissan Sentra insurance in Orlando
If you want to save money, the best way to find discount Nissan Sentra insurance in Orlando is to regularly compare price quotes from insurers in Florida.
- Gain an understanding of what is in your policy and the factors you can control to prevent high rates. Many risk factors that result in higher prices like distracted driving and an unacceptable credit history can be eliminated by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to determine if you can save on Sentra insurance. If you find better rates and buy the policy, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Give notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current policy. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to the new company. As soon as you can, place your new certificate of insurance along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to make sure you enter identical limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get prices from every company you can. Doing this ensures a fair rate comparison and the best price selection.
More tips and info about auto insurance is available at these sites:
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Police Officers in Orlando? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Safe Drivers in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Orlando Car Insurance for 17 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)