Shockingly, almost 70% of insureds kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for four years or more, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared rates to find affordable insurance. Florida insurance shoppers could save $1,100 each year, but they don’t know the large savings they would see if they just switched companies.
The best way we recommend to find better pricing on auto insurance rates in Orlando is to compare quotes once a year from different companies in Florida.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about how insurance works and the measures you can control to keep rates in check. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases such as your driving record and poor credit history can be rectified by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Keep reading for more information to find cheap rates and get additional discounts that may be available.
- Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the quotes to your existing coverage to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Notify your company or agent to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit a down payment along with a completed application for your new policy. When you receive it, place the new proof of insurance certificate somewhere easily accessible.
One thing to point out is that you use identical coverage information on each quote request and to quote with as many carriers as you can. Doing this helps ensure a fair rate comparison and the best rate selection.
Cheapest Acura insurance price quotes in Orlando
The providers in the list below can provide price quotes in Florida. To find the cheapest auto insurance in Florida, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Acura ILX insurance in Orlando
Car insurance is not cheap, but there are discounts available that can help lower your rates. A few discounts will automatically apply when you complete an application, but some need to be manually applied prior to receiving the credit.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not really a discount, but a handful of insurance companies will allow you to have one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if you have no claims for a set time period.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems could see savings as much as 30%.
- Theft Deterrent – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices prevent vehicle theft and will save you 10% or more on ILX insurance in Orlando.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Teen drivers should successfully take a driver’s education course if it’s offered in school.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you can bundle your homeowners and auto insurance and insure them both with the same insurance company you will save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Life Insurance – Select companies reward you with better car insurance rates if you take out some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
It’s important to understand that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. If you do the math and it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
Popular car insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts can be found below.
- Progressive may offer discounts for good student, online quote discount, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, and online signing.
- The Hartford discounts include defensive driver, anti-theft, good student, bundle, vehicle fuel type, driver training, and air bag.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts including low natural disaster claims, annual mileage, age of vehicle, multi-car, anti-theft, good driver, and location of vehicle.
- GEICO offers discounts for seat belt use, five-year accident-free, emergency military deployment, daytime running lights, federal employee, good student, and air bags.
- AAA has savings for good student, AAA membership discount, education and occupation, anti-theft, multi-car, pay-in-full, and multi-policy.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for multiple autos, accident-free, passive restraint, Drive Safe & Save, multiple policy, anti-theft, and student away at school.
If you need affordable Acura ILX insurance quotes, ask every insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. Savings might not be available to policyholders in every state. For a list of insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in Orlando, click here.
The Acura ILX Insurance Rate Equation
Part of the car insurance buying process is learning some of the elements that aid in calculating your premiums. If you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables informed choices that can earn you lower rates. Lots of things are part of the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some are obvious like your driving record, but other factors are more transparent such as whether you are married or your vehicle rating.
- Pay more if you have a long commute – Having an address in smaller towns and rural areas of the country can save you money when shopping for auto insurance. Drivers in populated areas tend to have more aggressive driving styles and higher rates of accident claims. Less people living in that area corresponds to lower accident rates in addition to fewer liability claims.
- Being married can save you money – Having a significant other can actually save you money on your car insurance policy. Having a spouse demonstrates that you tend to be more responsible and insurance companies reward insureds because being married results in fewer claims.
- An active car insurance claims history can cost more – If you file claims often, you shouldn’t be surprised to get either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Car insurance companies in Florida provide the best rates to policyholders who only file infrequent claims. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
- Do safer cars cost less to insure? – Safe vehicles tend to be cheaper to insure. Highly rated vehicles have better occupant injury protection and lower injury rates means less claims paid which can mean better rates for you. If your Acura ILX scored at minimum four stars on Safercar.gov you may be receiving a better rate.
- Cheaper premiums for prior coverage – Having an insurance coverage lapse is a fast way to increase your renewal premiums. And not only will your rates increase, getting caught without coverage may result in a steep fine or even jail time.
- Your job is a factor – Occupational choices like military personnel, police officers, and dentists tend to have higher rates than average because of intense work requirements and long work days. Conversely, occupations such as actors, engineers and performers generally pay rates lower than average.
- Increase deductibles to save – Physical damage protection, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, is used to repair damage to your Acura. Some examples of claims that would be covered are running into the backend of another car, hail damage, and rolling your vehicle. Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles are how much you are required to spend before a claim is paid by your company. The more money the insured is willing to pay, the less money you will pay for car insurance.
- Gender and insurance coverage – Statistics show that females tend to be a little less risky than males. However, don’t assume that men are worse drivers. They both tend to get into auto accidents at a similar rate, but males cause more damage. Men also statistically get cited for more serious violations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
Insurance loss data for an Acura ILX – Companies analyze the history of losses to calculate a rate that offsets possible losses. Vehicles that have increased claim numbers or amounts will have a higher premium rate.
The table below outlines the historical loss data for Acura ILX vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles compiled together is represented as 100. Values that are under 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while values over 100 indicate more frequent claims or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Acura ILX Vehicles Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Acura ILX 96 94 83 112 111 97BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance can be complex
When choosing a policy, there really is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Everyone’s situation is a little different so this has to be addressed.
These are some specific questions may help you determine whether you might need professional guidance.
- If my car is totaled with they pay enough to replace it?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- How much coverage applies to personal belongings?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
If you can’t answer these questions, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area.
Insurance is available from your local insurance agencies
A lot of people just want to talk to a local agent and that is not a bad decision An additional benefit of price shopping on the web is you may find cheap insurance quotes but also keep your business local. And providing support for local insurance agents is still important in Orlando.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your information is submitted to local insurance agents in Orlando who will give competitive quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to do any legwork because prices are sent straight to your inbox. Get lower rates AND an agent nearby. If you need to get a rate quote from a specific insurance provider, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Pick the best car insurance agent in Orlando for you
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from an insurance agent, there are a couple of types of agencies from which to choose. Agencies in Orlando are considered either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Agents of this type do not write with just one company so they can write business with a variety of different insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If your agent finds better pricing, your agent can switch companies which is easy for the insured.
If you need lower rates, you will want to get quotes from multiple independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Listed below are Orlando independent agents that can possibly get you cheap rate quotes.
WEGO Insurance Agency, Inc
520 N Semoran Blvd #270 – Orlando, FL 32807 – (407) 476-7972 – View Map
These agents can only place business with one company and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
The following are Orlando exclusive agencies willing to provide price quote information.
Selecting a auto insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a low price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
Once you have received positive responses to any questions you may have and locked in a price quote, it’s possible that you found an auto insurance agent that is reliable enough to insure your vehicles.
One last thing to lower rates
Some insurance companies may not have price quotes online and many times these smaller companies prefer to sell through local independent agencies. More affordable car insurance in Orlando is attainable both online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
You just read many tips how you can get a better price on Acura ILX insurance in Orlando. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the lowest priced car insurance comes from some of the lesser-known companies. These companies may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments than their larger competitors like Progressive and GEICO.
For more information, feel free to visit these articles:
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Police Officers in Orlando? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Chevrolet Silverado in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)