It's a fact that insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. Insureds who get price quotes annually are very likely to move their business because they have good chances of finding a cheaper policy. A recent survey discovered that drivers who regularly compared rates saved an average of $865 annually as compared to drivers who didn't regularly shop around.
If finding budget-friendly insurance is your target objective, then having some insight into how to get rate quotes and compare coverage rates can help you succeed in saving money.
It takes a little time, but the best way to get the cheapest Chevy Traverse insurance is to start comparing prices regularly from insurers that insure vehicles in Orlando.
First, spend some time learning about what is in your policy and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that increase rates such as speeding tickets, careless driving and a low credit score can be rectified by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
Second, compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from many different companies.
Third, compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Orlando. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
Fourth, give notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your existing policy. Submit a down payment along with a completed application for your new coverage. Immediately upon receiving it, place your new proof of insurance paperwork in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
The most important part of shopping around is to compare the same amount of coverage on every price quote and to quote with as many different insurance providers as possible. This ensures a fair price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Learn How to Quote Auto Insurance for Less
Many different elements are taken into consideration when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are obvious like a motor vehicle report, although others are less obvious like where you live or how safe your car is. An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the things that are used to determine the level of your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively determines premiums, this enables you to make decisions that will entitle you to better auto insurance rates.
The itemized list below are a partial list of the pieces companies use to determine your prices.
- Occupation stress can affect rates - Occupations like lawyers, architects, and medical professionals generally have higher rates than average attributed to intense work situations and lengthy work days. Conversely, jobs such as scientists, athletes and the unemployed have lower than average premiums.
Is auto insurance cheaper for women or men? - Over time, data shows that females take fewer risks when driving. However, this does not mean women are better drivers. Both genders have at-fault accidents at a similar rate, but guys tend to have more serious accidents. Not only are claims higher, but men get cited for more serious violations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 are most likely to cause an accident so it costs more to insure them.
The example below illustrates the comparison of Chevy Traverse insurance prices for male and female drivers. The data is based on no accidents, no driving violations, full coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are factored in.
Premiums are high for teenagers - Young drivers in Florida are known to be inattentive in a vehicle so auto insurance rates are higher. More experienced drivers are shown to be more cautious, file fewer claims, and usually have better credit.
The following chart uses these variables: single driver, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Continuous coverage saves money - Allowing your coverage to lapse can be a quick way to increase your rates. Not only will you pay more, not being able to provide proof of insurance could earn you a license revocation or jail time.
- Alarms and GPS tracking systems cut prices - Driving a car with advanced anti-theft systems can help lower your rates. Anti-theft features like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems can help prevent car theft and help bring rates down.
- Lower premiums for safer cars - Cars with five star safety ratings are cheaper to insure. Highly rated vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and better occupant protection means less money paid by your insurance company and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Chevy scored at minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an "acceptable" rating on iihs.org it may be receiving lower rates.
Chevy Traverse claim data - Insurance companies use past insurance losses in order to profitably underwrite each model. Vehicles that tend to have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will have higher premium rates. The table below demonstrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Chevy Traverse vehicles.
For each coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles averaged together is considered to be 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 indicate better than average losses, while values that are above 100 indicate more frequent losses or tendency to have larger claims.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Chevrolet Traverse Vehicles Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Traverse 4dr 2WD 75 101 72 93 90 90 Chevrolet Traverse 4dr 4WD 72 91 82 78 76 78BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
When shopping for Chevy Traverse insurance in Orlando there are multiple ways to obtain and compare prices from all the different companies. The simplest method to find the lowest Chevy Traverse rates is to use the internet to compare rates. Just keep in mind that obtaining a wide range of quotes helps increase your odds of locating the best offered rates. Not every company does online rate quotes, so you also need to get price estimates from them as well.
The following companies are ready to provide comparison quotes in Orlando, FL. If you want the best cheap auto insurance in FL, we recommend you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Detailed insurance information
The rate information below outlines detailed analysis of insurance coverage prices for Chevy Traverse models. Having a good understanding how rate quotes are established can benefit drivers when making decisions on which insurance to purchase.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Traverse LS 2WD||$278||$438||$372||$22||$112||$1,222||$102|
|Traverse LS AWD||$312||$438||$372||$22||$112||$1,256||$105|
|Traverse LT 2WD||$312||$438||$372||$22||$112||$1,256||$105|
|Traverse LT AWD||$312||$532||$372||$22||$112||$1,350||$113|
|Traverse LTZ 2WD||$312||$532||$372||$22||$112||$1,350||$113|
|Traverse LTZ AWD||$312||$532||$372||$22||$112||$1,350||$113|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, and homeowner. Rate quotes do not factor in vehicle location which can increase or decrease coverage rates considerably.
Rate increases following a ticket or accident
The information below shows how speeding tickets and at-fault collisions can raise Chevy Traverse insurance costs for different categories of driver ages. The rate quotes are based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Rate comparison of full coverage and liability-only
The diagram below compares Chevy Traverse insurance premiums with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The price estimates are based on no violations or claims, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied.
Guidelines for eliminating full coverage
There is no written rule to drop comp and collision coverage, but there is a general convention. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than about 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let's pretend your Chevy Traverse replacement cost is $5,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company will settle for is $4,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying in excess of $400 annually for physical damage coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some circumstances where only buying liability is not a good idea. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Three reasons to insure your Chevy Traverse
Despite the high cost, paying for car insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Traverse with a loan, it's most likely the lender will make it mandatory that you carry insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Chevy at a much higher rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects not only your Chevy but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having car insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially with large liability claims. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is currently overpaying as much as $850 per year so it's important to compare rates at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Affordable Chevy Traverse insurance quotes in Orlando
Car insurance is not cheap, but companies offer discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you quote, but less common discounts must be specifically requested before being credited.
- Driving Data Discount - Insureds that choose to allow their insurance company to study driving patterns by using a telematic data system such as Progressive's Snapshot and State Farm's In-Drive may get a rate reduction if they show good driving skills.
- Safety Course Discount - Taking part in a defensive driving course could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Theft Deterrent Discount - Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are stolen less frequently and will qualify for a discount on a Orlando auto insurance quote.
- Air Bag Discount - Vehicles with factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems could see savings of 20% or more.
- Good Student Discount - Performing well in school may save you up to 25%. The discount lasts up to age 25.
Discounts lower rates, but most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, you won't be that lucky.
The illustration below compares Chevy Traverse auto insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the rates. The prices are based on a male driver, no accidents, no driving violations, Florida state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, multi-car, safe-driver, claim-free, marriage, and homeowner discounts applied.
A few companies who may offer some of the discounts shown above include:
If you want inexpensive Orlando auto insurance quotes, ask each company which discounts you qualify for. Savings might not apply in your area. If you would like to see a list of insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Orlando, click this link.
What if I want to buy from local Orlando insurance agents?
Many drivers would prefer to have an agent's advice and that is recommended in a lot of cases One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get the best rates and also buy local. Putting coverage with local insurance agents is especially important in Orlando.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to participating agents in Orlando who will gladly provide quotes for your coverage. You don't have to contact an agency since price quotes are sent instantly to you. You can find lower rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you need to get a comparison quote from a specific car insurance provider, don't hesitate to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from a reliable agent, there are two different types of agencies and how they function. Car insurance agencies are classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
These agents can sell policies from many different companies and that gives them the ability to insure with multiple insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they quote lower rates, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you won't have to switch agencies.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you should always include price quotes from several independent agencies in order to compare the most rates. They often place coverage with additional companies that you may not be familiar with that many times have cheaper rates.
Shown below are Orlando independent insurance agents that can give you comparison quotes.
- Sikes Insurance Agency Inc
5145 Curry Ford Rd - Orlando, FL 32812 - (407) 282-5145 - View Map
- All Insurance Able
2319 S Goldenrod Rd - Orlando, FL 32822 - (407) 243-9700 - View Map
- GreatFlorida Insurance - Don Greene
1300 N Semoran Blvd Suite 180 - Orlando, FL 32807 - (407) 894-6363 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents normally can only provide a single company's rates such as AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. These agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents are well schooled on their products and sales techniques which aids in selling service over price. Drivers often purchase coverage from exclusives mainly due to the prominence of the brand rather than having the cheapest rates.
The following is a short list of exclusive agents in Orlando who can help you get rate quotes.
- Alfredo Ortega - State Farm Insurance Agent
1118 Manor Dr - Orlando, FL 32807 - (407) 249-9999 - View Map
- Chris Vella - State Farm Insurance Agent
992 N Semoran Blvd - Orlando, FL 32807 - (407) 898-8836 - View Map
- Bill Bryan - State Farm Insurance Agent
5470 Central Florida Pkwy - Orlando, FL 32821 - (407) 239-4777 - View Map
Deciding on a insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just the price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Orlando?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When buying proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn't really a best way to insure your cars. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
These are some specific questions could help you determine whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- When should I drop full coverage on my Chevy Traverse?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form.
More quotes mean more auto insurance savings
We just presented many ways to compare Chevy Traverse insurance rates in Orlando. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding affordable Orlando auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest rates are with a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising.
Consumers switch companies for a variety of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, policy cancellation, not issuing a premium refund or even poor customer service. It doesn't matter why you want to switch finding a new auto insurance company can be less work than you think.
When buying insurance coverage, never buy less coverage just to save a little money. Too many times, an insured cut liability coverage limits only to find out that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your goal should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford.
For more information, take a look at these articles:
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Orlando Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Under 25? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Altima in Orlando? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Government Employees in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)