Shocking but true, most drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for four years or more, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared rates to find cheap insurance. With the average premium in Florida being $2,160, drivers can save about 55% each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they think it’s difficult to compare rate quotes online.
If you want to save money, the best way to get cheaper auto insurance rates in Orlando is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from companies that sell auto insurance in Florida.
- First, try to learn a little about how auto insurance works and the steps you can take to prevent rate increases. Many rating factors that increase rates such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and a substandard credit history can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. This article gives more details to help find cheaper rates and find overlooked discounts.
- Second, compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote prices for a wide range of companies.
- Third, compare the new rates to your existing coverage and see if you can save money. If you find a better price and make a switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, notify your current company to cancel your current policy. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to the new company. Once coverage is bound, store the certificate verifying proof of insurance in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
One important bit of advice is to try to use identical coverage information on every quote request and and to get price quotes from as many carriers as you can. Doing this helps ensure a fair rate comparison and the best rate selection.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Auto insurance companies don’t always publicize every discount available very well, so we researched some of the best known as well as the least known discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Orlando car insurance online.
- Active Military Service – Being deployed in the military can result in better premium rates.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Low mileage vehicles could be rewarded with substantially lower premium rates.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts as much as 30%.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to use their safety belts could cut 10% or more on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Student in College – Children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not have a car may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Defensive Driver – Successfully completing a class that teaches defensive driving techniques could earn you a small percentage discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Early Signing – A few companies offer discounts for buying a new policy before your current coverage expires. It’s a savings of about 10%.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Just because it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
For a list of companies offering auto insurance discounts in Florida, follow this link.
The quickest method we recommend to compare car insurance company rates for Hyundai G90 insurance in Orlando is to know the fact most of the bigger providers have advanced systems to give free rates quotes. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is provide details including if a SR-22 is needed, what you do for a living, how your vehicles are used, and if the vehicle is leased. That information is instantly sent to multiple different insurance companies and they return rate quotes quickly.
To check rates for your Hyundai G90 now, click here and see if a lower rate is available in Orlando.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide quotes in Orlando, FL. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you get rates from several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Shop online but buy locally
Some consumers would prefer to talk to an insurance agent and we recommend doing that Insurance agents can help you build your policy and help submit paperwork. One of the best bonuses of comparing rate quotes online is you can get cheaper auto insurance rates and still choose a local agent. And buying from local agents is especially important in Orlando.
After completing this short form, your information is emailed to participating agents in Orlando who will give you bids to get your business. There is no need to find an agent because prices are sent to your email. If you need to get a price quote from a specific car insurance provider, feel free to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Finding a good company should depend on more than just the premium amount. Any agent in Orlando should be forthright in answering these questions:
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
Florida car insurance companies
Insuring your vehicle with the highest-rated company can be challenging considering how many companies sell coverage in Orlando. The rank data below may help you select which coverage providers to look at buying from.
Top 10 Orlando Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- AAA Insurance
Top 10 Orlando Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Mercury Insurance – 89%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
One last note
You just read many ways to get a better price on Hyundai G90 insurance in Orlando. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Orlando car insurance, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even be surprised to find that the best price on auto insurance is with an unexpected company.
Consumers change insurance companies for many reasons like delays in paying claims, unfair underwriting practices, denial of a claim and even poor customer service. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch choosing a new insurance company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
When buying insurance coverage, make sure you don’t buy poor coverage just to save money. In many instances, someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time that it was a big mistake. The ultimate goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best possible price while still protecting your assets.
More detailed auto insurance information can be found in these articles:
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a DUI in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Orlando Auto Insurance for Used Cars? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a GMC Sierra in Orlando? (FAQ)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)