If you want to save money, the best way to get discount car insurance rates is to compare quotes once a year from insurers that insure vehicles in Orlando.
First, try to comprehend how car insurance works and the changes you can make to prevent high rates. Many risk factors that result in higher prices such as distracted driving and a less-than-favorable credit history can be amended by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Second, request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple companies.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
One thing to remember is to try to use the same coverage limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as you can. This guarantees a fair rate comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Astonishing but true, a large majority of drivers have been with the same company for over three years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never shopped around. Most drivers in Florida could save nearly $1,130 every year, but most tend to underestimate how much savings they would realize if they bought a different policy.
The car insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Orlando, FL. To buy cheap car insurance in Florida, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the most affordable price.
Why you need insurance for your vehicle
Despite the potentially high cost of Hyundai Tiburon insurance, maintaining insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require a specific level of liability in order to drive the car legally. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Hyundai, it’s most likely the lender will make it mandatory that you buy full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Hyundai for a much higher rate and require you to fork over much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance preserves not only your Hyundai Tiburon but also your financial assets. It will also reimburse you for most medical and hospital costs that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers legal expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. The average driver in Florida is overpaying over $825 a year so we recommend shopping around at every renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Cheap Orlando auto insurance rates with discounts
Companies offering auto insurance do not advertise every discount available very well, so the below list has some of the more common as well as the least known credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Telematics Devices – Drivers who elect to allow their company to scrutinize when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive may see discounts if they are good drivers.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not all insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a discount if you purchase life insurance.
- Defensive Driver – Passing a safe driver course is a good idea and can lower rates and make you a better driver.
- Clubs and Organizations – Having an affiliation with a qualifying organization could earn you a nice discount on your policy.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Save over 55 – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may qualify for better auto insurance rates.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Insuring a new Tiburon can be considerably cheaper due to better safety requirements for new vehicles.
- Online Discount – A few auto insurance companies may give you up to $50 for buying your policy over the internet.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So when it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. Any amount of discount will help reduce the cost of your policy.
Large auto insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer can be read below.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including good student, switch companies, early shopping, multi-car, bundle discounts, youthful driver, and teen driver.
- Esurance has savings for DriveSense, safety device, online shopper, claim free, Pac-12 alumni, paid-in-full, and good student.
- State Farm discounts include Drive Safe & Save, good student, multiple policy, passive restraint, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- GEICO includes discounts for multi-policy, defensive driver, daytime running lights, anti-lock brakes, multi-vehicle, seat belt use, and membership and employees.
- Allstate may have discounts that include early signing, auto/life discount, FullPay discount, resident student, passive restraint, premier plus, and new car.
If you need lower rates, check with every insurance company which discounts they offer. All car insurance discounts might not be offered on policies in Orlando.
Local neighborhood insurance agents
Many drivers just want to go talk to an agent and often times that is recommended Licensed agents can help you choose the best coverages and will help you if you have claims. One of the great benefits of comparing auto insurance online is that you can find better rates and still choose a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, the coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Orlando who want to provide quotes to get your business. You don’t have to contact any agents as quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. If you need to quote rates from a specific auto insurance provider, you can always find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing an insurance company requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. The following questions are important to ask.
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Florida?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
What types of car insurance agents are in Orlando?
If you want to buy auto insurance from a reliable agent, there are two different agency structures and how they operate. Auto insurance agencies can either be independent or exclusive. Both types of agents can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s worth mentioning the differences since it may influence the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies work for only one company like AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company’s rates so keep that in mind. Exclusive insurance agents are well schooled on what they offer and that can be a competitive advantage. Drivers often buy insurance from these agents mostly because of the prominent brand name rather than low rates.
Below is a list of exclusive agencies in Orlando who may provide you with rate quotes.
- Andy Phillips – State Farm Insurance Agent
7608 W Sand Lake Rd – Orlando, FL 32819 – (407) 354-1320 – View Map
- Bill Cordy – State Farm Insurance Agent
2737 N Hiawassee Rd – Orlando, FL 32818 – (407) 298-9996 – View Map
- Rick Fowler – State Farm Insurance Agent
2700 Corrine Dr – Orlando, FL 32803 – (407) 897-8100 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel often have affiliation with several companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies with lots of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply move the coverage in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When comparison shopping, we recommend you compare quotes from a couple of independent agencies for maximum quote selection. They often place coverage with different regional companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Below is a list of independent insurance agents in Orlando who can help you get comparison quotes.
- worldwide insurance agency
4697 Rose Coral Dr #7 – Orlando, FL 32808 – (407) 616-7894 – View Map
- GreatFlorida Insurance – Don Greene
1300 N Semoran Blvd Suite 180 – Orlando, FL 32807 – (407) 894-6363 – View Map
- Bud Redditt Insurance Agency Inc
1716 W Colonial Dr – Orlando, FL 32804 – (407) 855-6797 – View Map
After you get satisfactory answers to any questions you have and cheaper Tiburon insurance quotes, chances are good that you have found an auto insurance agent that can be relied on to properly insure your vehicles. But keep in mind you can always cancel a policy when you choose so don’t assume that you are permanently stuck with a policy for the full term.
Parts of your auto insurance policy
Understanding the coverages of a auto insurance policy aids in choosing the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement.
Collision coverage – Collision insurance covers damage to your Tiburon from colliding with another car or object. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as damaging your car on a curb, colliding with a tree, colliding with another moving vehicle, scraping a guard rail and sideswiping another vehicle. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. Another option is to bump up the deductible on your Tiburon in order to get cheaper collision rates.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage – This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for injuries to you and your family and damage to your Hyundai Tiburon.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits (which is 10/20/10), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
Liability – This will cover damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people that is your fault. Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see values of 10/20/10 which means $10,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $20,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $10,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as structural damage, pain and suffering, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and emergency aid. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford. Florida requires minimum liability limits of 10/20/10 but it’s recommended drivers buy better liability coverage.
The illustration below shows why low liability limits may not provide adequate coverage.
Comprehensive auto coverage – This pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as falling objects, hitting a bird, rock chips in glass and fire damage. The maximum payout a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Medical payments and PIP coverage – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for expenses like pain medications, rehabilitation expenses, hospital visits and doctor visits. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Persistent drivers can save
Consumers who switch companies do it for many reasons like policy cancellation, high rates after DUI convictions, delays in paying claims or not issuing a premium refund. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding the right auto insurance provider is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, you should never reduce needed coverages to save money. There are a lot of situations where someone dropped collision coverage only to regret they didn’t have enough coverage. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage at the best cost and still be able to protect your assets.
You just learned a lot of tips how to get a better price on Hyundai Tiburon insurance in Orlando. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding low cost Orlando car insurance quotes. You may even discover the biggest savings come from the smaller companies.
More tips and info about auto insurance can be found in the articles below:
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Teenage Females in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for College Graduates in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Orlando Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford Fusion? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for College Students in Orlando? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for 19 Year Olds in Orlando? (FAQ)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)